• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alabama Teacher suspended after giving her students incredibly offensive math test

Status
Not open for further replies.

woopWOOP

I don't really see the racial aspect (some of the names? should've sticked to johns then), but that's one weird ass overall theme she cooked up for a test. Maybe she figured edgy tests would score her a few cool points with the students

Reminds me of my weird physics teacher who kept making tests involving characters from the Totally Spies TV show for some reason

You know, I just realized there are no brown people questions on this test... Or Asian for that matter!!

Progress?? Or just deeper level of racism?!

Corpekata

Banned
I don't really see the racial aspect (some of the names? should've sticked to johns then), but that's one weird ass overall theme she cooked up for a test. Maybe she figured edgy tests would score her a few cool points with the students

Reminds me of my weird physics teacher who kept making tests involving characters from the Totally Spies TV show for some reason

I really doubt questions about how a mom should have more kids to abuse the welfare system are aimed at looking cool with students.

mclem

Ah, I'm glad Snopes sourced it, I was just about to get critical on it for - offensiveness aside - also being a really bad actual maths quiz. Way too many undefined terms and wayward information.

image.php

HeySeuss

Wouldn't surprise me if some would see the 'humour' in outrageous test questions like that

That's probably going to be the defense. "Obviously it was a joke because that was so over the top it wasn't supposed to be racist".

I can already see it now.

hwalker84

You think people running around with guns give a shit about the dif? Not a slight on you but I have tested those guns and it's not a big semantic deal.

Not sure if serious or not. The two aren't interchangeable terms. Obviously if you're ignorant to the subject you may not care but that doesn't excuse misused terminology.

But on the front of this test. It's stupid to actually hand out this test but it's so ridiculously offense that it's hilarious.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, what the fuck? This is so bizarre that I had to show it to some of my friends. This is some way of making one's mark, wow.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Fucking white people always doing offensive shit, and then try to play innocent. Look at how they all have black or Hispanic names.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm not going to lie between the test itself, the context of the teacher about to retire and the posts on the first page alone I have been laughing harder than I have in a long damn time. Thanks GAF, I'm in tears and avoiding reading this thread at work because I know I'll probably burst out laughing.

Seriously though I wonder what was going through this ladies head.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Guarantee she still retires with full benefits, and just spends the last month of her career on a paid vacation.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
holy shit wow. going all out.

this part is not surprising, but interesting:

"Philips told NBCBLK that Hall and her husband were the only parents to report their complaints to school, despite the outrage displayed on social media."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom