• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon UK: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is 2017's best selling game in just 2 days

Goofy

Uh yes they do. Sony owns CTR but they dont own Crash. Its a weird thing but Activision is required to be on board for it.

Yep.

Sony likes money, Activision likes money, I'm pretty sure they will be able to come to terms on a deal after the success of the Crash trilogy.

Zukkoyaki

I have a friend who bought a PS4 for this (and Horizon). Anecdotal for sure but I can see this being a low-key system seller. Nostalgia is a powerful thing especially when the game is still good.

SSReborn

If you're talking about Spyro, it's a massive open-world 3D platformer in the Mario 64 vein and an amazing one, so you have no idea what you're talking about. It expands on the Mario 64 formula rather than being a copycat, and it's helped by one of gaming's best soundtracks too.

If you're talking about Sly, it is more of a stealth and action-adventure based game, so you have no idea what you're talking about.
He's mocking the people who said that about crash before it released.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'd love to see Twisted Metal 1, 2 and Black get a similar treatment and implement the online portion of Black and you got yourself another nostalgia heavy trio of still very fun games
and 3 doesn't count because it sucked and would be a waste of money

thelastword

Banned
You see this Microsoft? People like platformers!

New Banjo and Conker. Get on it now.
Yes they do, but these were not just platformers, these games were the best platformers on PS1, commercially and critically...

I'm not sure Banjo and any other platformer sold or were reviewed as well, except Spyro....Let's put it like this, if you owned a PS1 and did not play crash, you did something wrong. Everybody knows Crash, he was Sony's mascot in the mascot era...

So yes, MS should get unto their platformers for variety, but there's a lot going for crash here...notwithstanding that the remake is just excellent.

Fj0823

If you're talking about Spyro, it's a massive open-world 3D platformer in the Mario 64 vein and an amazing one, so you have no idea what you're talking about. It expands on the Mario 64 formula rather than being a copycat, and it's helped by one of gaming's best soundtracks too.

If you're talking about Sly, it is more of a stealth and action-adventure based game, so you have no idea what you're talking about.

235.gif

Falchion

The thirst for these retro remakes is real. My copy gets here on Wednesday and I can't fucking wait to dive in.

I am so happy that this gane exists and is doing well. It shows that people have a thirst for 3d platformers despite publishers thinking otherwise. Hopefully spyro and some brand new platformers are on the way next.

Kinda wish I preordered this when I had the chance. Anyone know of somewhere that has this in stock in the UK?

Also, a little off topic, but I just saw an Xbone version listed at Base when I was browsing.

Link.

NateDog

How much do you guys think CTR standalone will be? $19.99 I'm guessing. Will buy in a heartbeat.
CTR will be paired with Crash Bash I imagine. I hope so anyway. Would be amazing if it did what Mario Party is still yet to properly do and have online multiplayer too.

Kinda wish I preordered this when I had the chance. Anyone know of somewhere that has this in stock in the UK?

Also, a little off topic, but I just saw an Xbone version listed at Base when I was browsing.

Link.

Shhhhhh! Were not allowed talk about the possibility of such a heathenous port
/s

Fantastical

Death Prophet
That's great... didn't think it would sell nearly that well. I'm not a huge fan of Crash but I'm excited for a major success for platformers. I'll probably pick this up when it gets cheaper.

Kouriozan

People have spoken!
They want more platformers and less cinematic games!

Really happy about its performance, now gimme Spyro trilogy.

Great to see that Crash is doing well. Don't have a PS4 ATM so I can't join on the Crash train, unfortunately.

Who would make them though? If this leads to new crash games of comparible quality of Activisions other ones that is not really worth a woohoo.

Um, Vicarious Visions? The fact that their remaster trilogy is doing well in reviews and sales right now arguably puts them as the most qualified for the job. They've also made past Crash games in the past before the remaster (including the Crash DLC pack for Skylanders); it's not like they don't have any experience in making a non-original Crash game.

GeoramA

WipEout and Crash doing good numbers. SotC remake will next year as well.

Keep these PlayStation classics coming.

I hope someone compiled a list of all of the "people say they want the game online but it won't sell"

Saw some dudes on Facebook saying Horizon would bomb because of the "Ugly Female" lead...last time I read facebook comments. Don't need any less faith in humanity.

bede-x

I'm not sure Banjo and any other platformer sold or were reviewed as well, except Spyro....

Any other platformer? Mario says hello and Donkey Kong 64 sold 5.2 million and reviewed roughly as well as Crash. Banjo also reviewed just as well as Crash, according to Gamerankings actually better. Sales were lower though, but 3.6 millions units (according to wiki) was very respectable with the limited N64 install base. Crash games were at 6.8 million for the first one and the sequels at 5.1 and 5.7 (again according to Wiki).

EDIT: The first Rayman also sold and reviewed pretty well well (I see different figures, not sure which to believe).

So yes, MS should get unto their platformers for variety, but there's a lot going for crash here...notwithstanding that the remake is just excellent.

In fact they should be doing more single player games in general, but it's at least nice to see something like Super Lucky's Tale, even if it's obviously low budget.

And yes, the Crash remake is excellent. My GotY so far :)

I believe Crash PS1 outsold Mario 64 and Sonic.

So predictions will Crash Bandicoot: N'sane Trilogy outsell Sonic Mania/ Forces or Mario Odyssey Worldwide?

None of the Crash PS1 games outsold Mario 64 worldwide.

This collection will not outsell Odyssey globally, unless it gets bundled with PS4s in the future. And even then, it's far from a guarantee.

Will this collection outsell Odyssey in the UK? Almost certainly.

roytheone

Great to see that Crash is doing well. Don't have a PS4 ATM so I can't join on the Crash train, unfortunately.

Um, Vicarious Visions? The fact that their remaster trilogy is doing well in reviews and sales right now arguably puts them as the most qualified for the job. They've also made past Crash games in the past before the remaster (including the Crash DLC pack for Skylanders); it's not like they don't have any experience in making a non-original Crash game.

Making a remaster is a pretty different beast then making a whole new game though. You don't need to design levels for example and level design is probably the single biggest aspect of a platforming game that determines if it is good or not. I didn't knew they made some earlier crash stuff though, was it any good? Heard nothing but bad things about the non ps1 crash games.

Top Bottom