• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Mulder

also got captain falcon at a target. It was kind of shady since the hook was empty, but the guy knew what it was when I asked if they had stock and got me one from under the desk at the electronics register.

my haul so far...

Have preorders on Shulk and Bowser, just bought Lucario on TRU ebay. Waiting for Diddy in the mail. I'm fine with not getting any more until future waves.

Also happy I found this the other day. The jakks pacific line had similar stock issues and I gave up looking months ago.

Zalman

How's the quality control/paint jobs on the new wave? Same as usual? I want Falcon and Little Mac, but I'm not sure if I want to try to find them in stores or order online.

ScouserPants

Neo Member
Sup to you too! This was in Hastings. Called Cottage Grove and they don't have any. Target's online find in store thing says quite a few stores have available to limited stock: Woodbury East, Apple Valley, Stillwater, Inver Grove, Hudson etc.

Sup, fellow TC amiibo buddy! Is this South St. Paul, Cottage Grove, Eagan?...

I already have and will have the Mute City MK8 music stuck in my head until I can start hunting. Show me your moves commute home!
will make it hurt more when I can't find the captain :(

GRaider81

Hey folks,

I have marth and WFT in hand in UK. Had a great experience with gaffers helping me out get a 20th anniversary PS4 so id like to return the favour.

Willing to do some kind of trade. If from US I may ask for something strange like an MLB or MiLB cap I cant get here or something. Nothing over retail price of two amiibos

Pm me if interested.

Ok, so my falling scepticism continues it's descent over these things.

Just spent a couple of hours with my new WiiU and Smash playing against my Link Amiibo, and yeah, seeing it get increasingly tougher and more challenging as the matches went buy was genuinely fun, and I'm honestly feeling a little more attached to the little fellow knowing that progress is saved to him.

Just a shame I can't carry that progress to other games. Nintendo really missed a trick there.

But yeah, gave it a fair shot, and I was wrong, the set up does actually work well for Smash. Although if anything it puts me off buying more. I like just having my own, single, little partner.

I keep seeing people get Pit, but I think its only UK and Canada. As someone in US, is my chances of getting Pit already dead? O_O

I hope I don't miss him. I have him preordered at local GS but its a new GS and while my old one was great with preorders, who knows about this new one. They are supposed to call so I guess I didn't miss him but wanna make sure. These things are crazy. Its hard to accept I may never get Rosalina. :/

Edit: Also isi Luigi in US? Don't have him preordered since I figured he'd be safe, but no one is really.

Mistle

EB Aus has Pit in stock online. I don't want him, but I hear he is extremely rare in stores, so I thought I'd let ausgaf know.

Ok, so my falling scepticism continues it's descent over these things.

Just spent a couple of hours with my new WiiU and Smash playing against my Link Amiibo, and yeah, seeing it get increasingly tougher and more challenging as the matches went buy was genuinely fun, and I'm honestly feeling a little more attached to the little fellow knowing that progress is saved to him.

Just a shame I can't carry that progress to other games. Nintendo really missed a trick there.

But yeah, gave it a fair shot, and I was wrong, the set up does actually work well for Smash. Although if anything it puts me off buying more. I like just having my own, single, little partner.

You say that now. But then you're at Walmart and see Samus and think "Yeah... I could use a Samus figure, she's pretty cool. Oh, and Pikachu, we go way back me and Pikachu, it's only 12 bucks, what could it hurt?"

Next thing you know you've got all of them except Marth and are desperately checking and re-checking online stock and calling stores in your area and in other states where your family lives and your life falls apart and that's that.

Amiibo is a dark, dark road.

Dominator

I keep seeing people get Pit, but I think its only UK and Canada. As someone in US, is my chances of getting Pit already dead? O_O

I hope I don't miss him. I have him preordered at local GS but its a new GS and while my old one was great with preorders, who knows about this new one. They are supposed to call so I guess I didn't miss him but wanna make sure. These things are crazy. Its hard to accept I may never get Rosalina. :/

Edit: Also isi Luigi in US? Don't have him preordered since I figured he'd be safe, but no one is really.
The only place in US with Pit seems to be FYE.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned

But you could expand your friends into a army of your favorite charters!!! (who are also your little friends)

kunonabi

Grabbed her but Captain Falcon and Pit seem to be sold out everywhere nearby. My mom is going to check a couple places today but it doesn't seem likely.

When I got home I checked the website for Captain Falcons and it said they were in stock at Target and I immediately got back in my car. And the Target was at least 20 minutes from where I live. Missed picking up one by a couple minutes.

They said they only got 2 of them...

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
You say that now. But then you're at Walmart and see Samus and think "Yeah... I could use a Samus figure, she's pretty cool. Oh, and Pikachu, we go way back me and Pikachu, it's only 12 bucks, what could it hurt?"

Next thing you know you've got all of them except Marth and are desperately checking and re-checking online stock and calling stores in your area and in other states where your family lives and your life falls apart and that's that.

This guy gets it!

kunonabi

She looks like she's telling me "get out".

She doesn't anyone seeing her stuff her royal face with cake. Only explanation for her fat fingers I'm willing to accept.

Pit is in the states as Gamestop had him for preorders. Target also had him but he was sold out(San Antonio, Texas)

ScouserPants

Neo Member
You shoulda called them! They would've gladly held it for you. Here's to hoping you find it!

When I got home I checked the website for Captain Falcons and it said they were in stock at Target and I immediately got back in my car. And the Target was at least 20 minutes from where I live. Missed picking up one by a couple minutes.

They said they only got 2 of them...

But you could expand your friends into a army of your favorite charters!!! (who are also your little friends)

Actually already have Samus for my fiancée to use. And I'll be getting pretty much any Zelda characters they make. Same for Fire Embkem Awakening. That really will be it though. Well maybe Rosalina too...

Thank fuck I don't tend to have an addictive personality frankly, I can totally see why people are getting so obsessed with these little buggers now. I'm going to try to stick with one per compatible game (assuming more get made) and try to not go overboard with them though.

Of course if they make a set of FE:A Amiibos my wallet is screwed.

Toki767

I notice Target's item tracker on their website actually does update in real time. There were 3 Captain Falcons at the Target I went to when it showed "In Stock". As soon as I bought 2 it changed to "Limited Availability".

So if the website says "In Stock", it really is in stock. Employees may just not know where they are, or are just hiding them for themselves.

Actually already have Samus for my fiancée to use. And I'll be getting pretty much any Zelda characters they make. Same for Fire Embkem Awakening. That really will be it though. Well maybe Rosalina too...

Thank fuck I don't tend to have an addictive personality frankly, I can totally see why people are getting so obsessed with these little buggers now. I'm going to try to stick with one per compatible game (assuming more get made) and try to not go overboard with them though.

There's honestly something weird about Amiibos. I'm not a collector at all, and I thought these seemed kinda silly when they were announced. I only wanted Link, Samus, Toon Link and Mega Man (and someday Ness) and that was IT. I got addicted though after I got Link, they're fun and good looking and priced just low enough to feel like an impulse, even though I've spent over a hundred now... what am I doing with my life?...

There's honestly something weird about Amiibos. I'm not a collector at all, and I thought these seemed kinda silly when they were announced. I only wanted Link, Samus, Toon Link and Mega Man (and someday Ness) and that was IT. I got addicted though after I got Link, they're fun and good looking and priced just low enough to feel like an impulse, even though I've spent over a hundred now... what am I doing with my life?...

I already collect a few kind of figures, mostly a terrifying number of Transformers, but yeah, these things are like solidified nostalgic love. Really hard to resist going off the rails with them.

On a side note, anyone know when and where Rosalina is on sale in the UK?

Labrys

How's the quality control/paint jobs on the new wave? Same as usual? I want Falcon and Little Mac, but I'm not sure if I want to try to find them in stores or order online.

My Little Mac looks great, no paint issues. His face is done well too.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned

It already happening! You're under their spell!!! Come on over to the Amiibo side of life!

Ludist210

I raised a stink about TRU canceling my Pit order. They gave me a $15 credit since it was a mistake to relist him pet the rep I spoke to.

jax

Banned
All this talk of Lucarios and Captain Falcons and Luigis and Diddies...

I think Pit is probably the rarest Amiibo at the moment.

I've been calling my local F.Y.E.s just now. No luck. So pissed Target cancelled on me. I reserved him back in friggin November! Would have used Gamestop had I known how unreliable they were.

Yeah. Beginning to think California didn't revieve a Pit shipment at all.

mstevens

I'm done with amiibo. TRU canceling pre orders last night, target releasing captain falcoln when everyone but scalpers are working. That's enough.

still can't resist preorder for shulk and mega man, though

NFreak

Got all three at Target today on my way home from work. Thought I was out of luck but the workers there were super helpful. They went to go check in the back and the dude came back and said they were stuffed in boxes. Said there were a few of each. Morrisville, NC Target by the way. The Target in Apex, NC is also showing some in stock but I don't know if they'll be as helpful.

v9ngA7w.jpg

I've got all of wave 2 now except for Pit. Bought Zelda already and Little Mac is being shipped by Best Buy.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned

See that's what I told myself too. I bought Samus and that was it. Then I came across a WFT opened it and it was game on from there!

Pretty hype right now. My roommate and I got the last two Captains at the city target in downtown Seattle. TRU actually didn't cancel my Luigi preorder, so that's on the way. Just need Pit now and I'm set. Can't seem to find that one anywhere.

Chopper

As for your questions, I will do my best to answer them.

1. We're not aware of any delayed shipments.
2. We're not aware of any stores releasing amiibo early. If you have information about such a store, we would be very interested in as much information about this retailer as you are able to provide.
3. We have no information about product availability in countries outside of our region.
4. We have no way to stop people from purchasing products from retailers, nor any way to prevent them from reselling them at any price they wish.
That is hilarious. Sorry America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom