• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Yep, I'm working in a spreadsheet online version of the availability of amiibos I always put here as image, maybe we can put it on the OP if people find it helpful.

I was going to get with you about that.
That spreadsheet would absolutely be great to have since you update very often.

melman101

No Pit for me, I tried Best Buy in Yonkers, Target in the Bronx. Toys R Us I tried at 8am this morning.

I did get the only Captain Falcon at the Bronx Target at 225th Street. though, I guess that says something :).

Bass260

I'm done with amiibo. TRU canceling pre orders last night, target releasing captain falcoln when everyone but scalpers are working. That's enough.

still can't resist preorder for shulk and mega man, though

You'll be back :)

don't fight the amiibo urge! Seriously, these things are like crack.

Velcro Fly

Going to head out and look for Falcon. I have one coming from Best Buy eventually so if I find one it will likely go to someone on GAF!

ChrisD

Just got back from GameStop with Pit (Dallas County, Texas). The paint job is so nice. It has ONE issue, and that's that his bow kind of bleeds into his hands. But it's an extremely small issue. His face is perfect. You can't see the seams without looking really hard. His stand is actually sweet in real life.

It was a bit worrying at first. I told the lady running the register that I was "Here to pick up my Pit and Captain Falcon amiibo pre-orders." She tells me that they don't come out until the 22nd and Christmas respectively. Confused, I told her that I received the phone call that said they were ready for pickup today (this was actually half-true; I didn't fully understand the call and they only had Pit, not Falcon). She asks another employee where the amiibo are, and he points to the amiibo display. Just as expected, no Pit there.

So she asks the manager, "Do we have anymore Pit?"

"Oh, that one's sold o-"

She cuts in with, "No, he reserved one"

"OH. Alright, what's the name?"

From there it was as simple as giving the name. He went to the back and brought it along with a, "Grats, this is the last one!"

So all things said, there wasn't even a big issue. But... the confusion among the employees on what they do and don't have isn't too reassuring.

Now to wait on the Captain Falcon call. Something tells me it won't actually be on Christmas Day. Then I'm done until Shulk in February! =D

...I also pre-ordered Ike and another Shulk to keep sealed while there. OTL

melman101

So two targets show they have captain in stock, but both are claiming he isn't there... What's going on with that?

Did you physically go there? Or was this a phone call? There have been tons of reports of Target not knowing where the items actually are.

I went to mine at like 3:00pm and he said "I just put him out." They only had 1!

Mel

Toki767

So two targets show they have captain in stock, but both are claiming he isn't there... What's going on with that?

It could be a lot of reasons.

A) Someone has them but hasn't paid yet so it's still in stock.
B) They haven't unboxed them in the back.
C) They're too lazy to go find them.
D) They've been hidden somewhere.

mstevens

You'll be back :)

don't fight the amiibo urge! Seriously, these things are like crack.

I'll be back once nintendo and or retail places stop making it so hard for me to give them their money. Is there a single place that hasn't messed up pre orders? TRU canceling a ton, GameStop selling them to other people, best buy not holding, Amazon canceling... I've never seen anything like it.

I've pre ordered all of these and most of those pre orders have either gotten messed up, or I don't trust them to not get messed up.

ill be back once nintendo actually wants blmy money. I'm not going to waste my time checking this thread for updates and researching availability if it stays like this.

Went to Gamestop, Best Buy, Target and Toys R Us. Only Wave 2 out was Zelda aside from a few Luigis at TRU. Picked one up just because he's the only one I really wanted outside of Little Mac for Wave 2. As long as Amazon comes through with my order for Mac, I should be good.

Now how I do with my Wave 3 preorders will be interesting

SummitAve

Banned
Was out grabbing a few groceries at target and they had a couple Captain Falcos so I grabbed them. Not sure why. They also had a bunch of Luigis and a few Diddys.

mstevens

It could be a lot of reasons.

A) Someone has them but hasn't paid yet so it's still in stock.
B) They haven't unboxed them in the back.
C) They're too lazy to go find them.
D) They've been hidden somewhere.

All 4 targets said that their online systems don't update in real time. I had them check the back to confirm.

I called my local Gamestop for Pit and they said they had none in stock, drove over there and asked again, come to find out Amiibo shipments are coming in through UPS, so some gamestops might have them in boxes, just haven't been checked into inventory yet! Today's haul was pretty good :)

Edit: Also if you see that your nearby target has something in stock, call them and they'll look for one and hold it for you! Don't forget to ask to check the warehouse if they tell you they don't see any. :)
qsdQuX3.jpg

Mknzy

From what i can put together Pit hasn't released in the St Louis area yet. I got lucky and found a Falcon and Diddy at a local Target so now Pit Villager and Wii Fit Trainer are the only ones i need

pvpness

Wave 2 complete. Holy fuck, thought I was going to have to murder people at target to get Falcon. Got Pit at FYE and now I'm done till February. Thank the All Father.

NateDog

I ordered Zelda and Shulk with Zavvi in the UK, were supposed to ship Zelda today but sent me an email telling me I'm not getting her for a while. Last time this happened they left me 6 weeks waiting constantly telling me "we'll get that game in for you just wait another month for the same update", found it in Argos so screw it, I'll pay the extra Euro or two and make sure I get it on Monday with it reserved.

mstevens

When all else fails, just import dude.

I was willing to do it for Rosalina since "hey, at least I have the rest pre ordered"

Now that that's all gone to shinola, I'm not willing to up the rest of my amiibo from $12-$25.

edit: just finished talking to every Target and GameStop in the Portland area. It all got cleared out while I was busy working a normal day. Even got some snide "oooohhh no, definitely not. We're all outta those buddy, everyone is".

Cool.

Anyone going out hunting for Wave 2B (Luigi, Falcon and Pit) and willing to get an extra of each for a Canadian?

I have a border store 45 minutes away so you wouldn't have to ship internationally. Will pay for the items, shipping and some extra for your help.

I was willing to do it for Rosalina since "hey, at least I have the rest pre ordered"

Now that that's all gone to shinola, I'm not willing to up the rest of my amiibo from $12-$25.

edit: just finished talking to every Target and GameStop in the Portland area. It all got cleared out while I was busy working a normal day. Even got some snide "oooohhh no, definitely not. We're all outta those buddy, everyone is".

Cool.

As if you were a fool for even asking. Don't you love it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom