• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insaniac

Friends are temporary but Amiibos are forever ;)

8+player+smash+for+every+fj+user_6ffe46_5367416.jpg

cabel

Was grabbing my Lucario through Toys R Us eBay…

Add to cart…

Address was wrong…

Went to correct it…

Lucarios All Gone.

AMIIBOS WILL RUIN YOUR LIFE

Anyone in Canada find Luigi, Pit and Falcon today?

Maybe the rumour is true and Canada isn't getting them until next week or after Christmas. So lame.

We got Wave 2A early and now 2B is nowhere to be found

Got the last Captain Falcon at the North Omaha Target!

Right before I left work, I checked Target's website and it said they were in stock. It is about three blocks from my work, so I raced there. When I got there, I didn't see any Falcons. I started checking my phone to make sure I had looked at the right location and a clerk reached behind a stack of Peaches and grabbed a Falcon. She was on the phone and said, "yup, we got one left". I stood there with my mouth agape. How could I have missed him!!??

She turned around and asked, "were you looking for this too?". I said, "yes". She handed me the Falcon and said, "well, you're here, so..." and proceeded to tell the person on the phone to check a different store. I thanked her profusely and then heard her say to a co-worker, "I'm so sick of this Amiibo shit".

EDIT: If anyone else is looking in Omaha, it says the Papillion Target and 125th/K Target have them. Also 72nd/Dodge, but says "limited availability" (this is the one that the lady told the person on the phone to call).
If nothing else this amiibo craze has given us tragic beautiful stories for all of us to share.

MrMephistoX

Just out of curiosity does anyone thing Luigi will end up being rare? I'm either going to return him and Fox or hold on to them since I got Lucario and Falcon online.

Stencil

Diddy arrived from TRU but the card is bent. i hate them

Same with my Little Mac, through their eBay storefront. I posted about this earlier, but I asked them if they could offer any compensation and they gave me a full refund, no questions asked. Even let me keep Little Mac. You should write them with an order number.

y2dvd

Maybe they overcharge for shipping and make more $? Also maybe they don;t want them to be part of the 2 for 22 deal?

This is some shady bullshit. I wonder if that warrants a compliant to the Better Business Bureau or whatever Bureau would handle it.

MicH

What the hell?! Amazon UK flat out cancelled my Little Mac pre-order because apparently they're not getting more? Oh please.

Ugh

the3ye

Anyone in Canada find Luigi, Pit and Falcon today?

Maybe the rumour is true and Canada isn't getting them until next week or after Christmas. So lame.

We got Wave 2A early and now 2B is nowhere to be found
BBYJuby from Best Buy's plug-in forum says "mid January"

Just out of curiosity does anyone thing Luigi will end up being rare? I'm either going to return him and Fox or hold on to them since I got Lucario and Falcon online.

I'm seeing quite a lot of Luigi's. Target and Gamestop have a bunch of him, almost as much if not more than Mario, so I don't think he'll be rare.

Insaniac

So how rare is Diddy? On a whim I had my cousin check the best buy he works at and he said there was a Diddy. I asked him to pick it up for me, but I haven't even bothered to check local stores for him. (I shoulda just got him when I found Little Mac :\)

dickroach

0rlsmga.jpg

Target stocked up. I stopped there on my way to work and saw nothing. Stopped back around just now. Pleasant surprise.
Got Falcon and Luigi
(Delray beach, fl)

No seriously amiibo are gonna drive me to zen meditation soon.

desire is the root of all sufferring.

resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die.

i know that second one isn't a buddhist thing but I can't remember whose quote it actually is and it applies here with scalpers and nintendo and people who had the good sense to buy marth and villager promptly.

Well after 4 targets, 2 TRU and burning like $60 in gas I decided to break down and buy a Falcon from TRU ebay. I should have just done that in the first place.........

You can't put a price on the hunt though. It just doesn't feel as good when you strike out.

CH4OS

UPDATE FROM NINTENDO...and it's just as useless as we expected.

ME:
I've been collecting these things since they first came out but with all these supply shortages, scalpers, and pre orders being cancelled, I don't know how much longer I (and many others I've read online in forums) can support these amiibo.
The last straw happened tonight when I received an email CANCELING ALL my wave 3 preorders from Toys R Us because of massive amiibo shortage. I didn't only lose these preorders, I lost the sale price I got on them at buy one, get one 40% off. I don't have the luxury of going to the stores whenever they decide to randomly stock new figures. And I sure as hell WILL NOT pay the scalper prices those idiots charge on ebay.

Questions to you:
1. I would like to know why shipments are being delayed, why are certain stores releasing figures early?
2. why are certain stores releasing figures early?
3. Why is the stock so limited here vs. what it seems in European countries?
4. Will you do ANYTHING about the scalper issue?

Answers please!

NINTENDO:

Thanks for writing. I was sorry to learn that your retailer canceled your advanced purchase. Please note that Nintendo has no information about the advanced purchase policies of any retailer, so you will need to contact them if you have specific concerns. I will, however, be glad to document your comments about this retailer and forward them to the appropriate department for thoughtful consideration.

As for your questions, I will do my best to answer them.

1. We're not aware of any delayed shipments.
2. We're not aware of any stores releasing amiibo early. If you have information about such a store, we would be very interested in as much information about this retailer as you are able to provide.
3. We have no information about product availability in countries outside of our region.
4. We have no way to stop people from purchasing products from retailers, nor any way to prevent them from reselling them at any price they wish.

I realize these answers may not have been what you were hoping for, and I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have additional questions, feel free to reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Jason Smith

No...these are not the answers I'm looking for.

StAidan

Just back from my emergency run to Target. They had ONE Captain Falcon, and now it's mine.

Yeesh, this is exhausting...

LowSignal

Well after 4 targets, 2 TRU and burning like $60 in gas I decided to break down and buy a Falcon from TRU ebay. I should have just done that in the first place.........

You can't put a price on the hunt though. It just doesn't feel as good when you strike out.

But when you find that Amiibos you were looking for, it's a magical place.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom