• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
not true. i asked a target assoc. that was stocking the games section if any of the boxes he had in his cart had amiibos. he opened them up in front of me and its how i scored a diddy and falcon. the falcon box only had 2, every other box he opened had 4.

hmm....odd. guess i stand corrected.

So far Little Mac is the most rare...Pit and Captain have just started shipping.

I still think Pit is the most rare and then it's kind of hard to say. Maybe LM (he was up at Amazon for a few hours today) and Falcon (out at Target but not many) come next in rarity followed by Diddy?

Rootbeer

Banned
I still think Pit is the most rare and then it's kind of hard to say. Maybe LM (he was up at Amazon for a few hours today) and Falcon (out at Target but not many) come next in rarity followed by Diddy?

can only speak from my experience but pit is the only one i haven't been able to catch for order. Well, technically I did order one from target... which they cancelled. Why can't they just hold my order until they get stock? Cancelling it so quick is some real bullshit :(

shuraiya

So is wave 3 coming early or just all garbled up with shipments from nintendo. I just bought lucario and king dedede and have a date of the 12/30 to get them both from ebay TRU.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171581125129?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/King-Dedede-amiibo-/361157086592?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5416a3cd80

Why in the world is shipping for Dedede so much more than Lucario? I know he's fatter and all, but I don't think it makes him any heavier.

Velcro Fly

My order from Amazon.de has shipped! Marth and Villager for $51 isn't so bad.

Won't arrive until January 12th but I'm ok with that as long as they sent me the right ones!

Leninpest

Just scored the last Cap'n at my local Target. They didn't have any out, but i asked and the guy found one in the back. Definitely worth asking, especially if it says they're in stock online.

Best Buy sold me Luigi.

Alright, so I went into Best Buy to get Luigi where the app said "pick up today." I get to the register and of course it says the product is unavailable. The manager said the release date was actually December 30.

But... he went above and beyond and got on the phone with his corporate support to no avail. What he wound up doing was he sold me a gift card... that he kept... to redeem on the release day and gave me Luigi that I can take home tonight. In other words, he charged me for a dummy item (the gift card) for the exact amount, and he will go out of his way to complete the transaction on his own.

He even applied my gamers club inlocked discount. Be did the right thing by honoring the info on the Best Buy app. And, no, I will not say which Best Buy.

He deserves the mother of all brofists.

Gartooth

I've been pretty lucky today! Got an order in for Little Mac from Amazon that has just been shipped. Also managed to get Pit and Diddy Kong at a Meijer in Michigan. (they had Luigi and Zelda as well, but they're common so I didn't worry) Now the hunt is on for Captain Falcon!

I originally had a Gamestop online order for Pit that I placed today, but the stupid site won't let me cancel so I will probably be eating that shipping cost. :/ Anyway I will probably just return the second Pit back to Meijer so hopefully someone else can get it.

Christopher

I've been pretty lucky today! Got an order in for Little Mac from Amazon that has just been shipped. Also managed to get Pit and Diddy Kong at a Meijer in Michigan. (they had Luigi and Zelda as well, but they're common so I didn't worry) Now the hunt is on for Captain Falcon!

I originally had a Gamestop online order for Pit that I placed today, but the stupid site won't let me cancel so I will probably be eating that shipping cost. :/ Anyway I will probably just return the second Pit back to Meijer so hopefully someone else can get it.

Toys r us ebay might have one I got mine there

Prosopon

I am going to be honest, at first I didn't understand the appeal of Amiibos or any of these NFC action figure things.

But then a thought occurred to me. Video games have started to become incredibly pretentious and serious. I don't really have a strong opinion on this, it is what it is.

But when I look at Amiibos, and the other toys like them. I see something amazing. In today's age of digital downloads, constant dlc, and never ending patches, the Amiibos bring something back.

They aren't just some digital copy or in game costume, the're something tangible, something that you can go out and buy, something that you and your friends can share, something that can make video games seem fun again.

I'm not saying the're for everyone, but when I see the Amiibos, the give me some sense of hope. That maybe, not just video games, but the world in general will one day regain a sense of joy, a sense of fun, a sense of happiness.

Or at least the ability open turnstiles in Moscow.

Got last 2 Falcons at Summerville SC Target at 4pm today. showe din stock at 3pm.

Went to South Charleston, SC Target tonight with my buddy. He got the one Luigi on the rack and the web page showed Falcon in stock but it wasnt out on the pegs. When he asked the clerk he knew what it was and was like yeah I have a couple in the back. Odd to keep them back their knowing they were to be sold.

Kazoo22

Neo Member
If anyone happens to be in the Mary Esther, FL area, the Target here has three Captain Falcons (was four, but I bought one) and about six Diddy Kongs. They are sitting in a cart filled with Call of Duty and Skylanders waiting to be put out.

Plus, the Gamestop here will be getting Pit either tomorrow or Monday.

RPG

Success.

Managed to salvage a Little Mac from a local Best Buy after my store preorder was cancelled. Also, snagged a Luigi and Captain Falcon as they were being unpacked at Target. Just need to keep tabs on Pit now.

Coketruck

If anyone happens to be in the Mary Esther, FL area, the Target here has three Captain Falcons (was four, but I bought one) and about six Diddy Kongs. They are sitting in a cart filled with Call of Duty and Skylanders waiting to be put out.

Plus, the Gamestop here will be getting Pit either tomorrow or Monday.

I'm in Pensacola, so that gives me hope that Gamestops over here will have Pit soon.

espher

Amazon.ca:

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on October 08, 2014 (Order# x). We've listed the item(s) listed below with the expected delivery date(s):

"Pit amiibo - Wii U Pit Edition"
Estimated arrival date: January 09, 2015 - January 15, 2015

So they def had to be delayed to Dec 31 here. Edit: Luigi had the same date and has for a while; Falcon has nada. My second order for all three characters has no dates on it at all.

kirby_fox

Banned
I totally said I would stop. Then my cousin found Capt. Falcon at Target and I drove 30 minutes to get the last one.

And on my way back...my cousin calls me saying Meijer have Pit in stock. Then I drove an hour to a Meijer that was holding Pit for my cousin and me, only to find out the guy didn't hold the figures...

So we drove another hour separately to another Meijer to get them there...
I think amiibos help with all the stress I have.

So when the hell is Best Buy shipping wave 2? My order shows 12/30 so I guess not until then but that's highly annoying when some of these guys are already available elsewhere.

So when the hell is Best Buy shipping wave 2? My order shows 12/30 so I guess not until then but that's highly annoying when some of these guys are already available elsewhere.

I have all my preorders through BB but I get nervous with all the stories and I get dismayed with the street dates. I picked up Luigi 3 days ago. BB is releasing 2 weeks later?! how does it make sense. It is even worse when you know they have them in store because they accidentally put them out or an employee tells you.

I cant let hard to find figures get sold out in other stores and only have a preorder promise which hasnt meant much as of late. Hence I am doubled and tripled up on all Wave 2 so far.

Seems like Best Buy just sticks to whatever their systems say. Unless someone changes the release dates, don't expect orders to ship until then. You also won't be able to buy them in store even if they're out on shelves. I suspect they don't take the initiative to change those dates without some former notice from Nintendo, despite the Amiibo not actually having street dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom