• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horohoro

Thank you both for the info. They just built a new Target near me that not too many people know about yet. I'm thinking if I get there right when they open, I may have a fighting chance. :/

Thank you. I was all confident before, but now you guys have got me worried. lol

Happy to do it... I'm all for creating panic where it may or may not necessary :).
0wFsBsb.gif

Peagles

Oh right derp, I guess I'm just so used to Amazon & 3rd Parties delivering to anywhere in the US from the US that I didn't think of that. Thanks!

Hehe no worries. Only know that from years of experience (living in New Zealand, none of them will ship here even though Amazon itself nearly always will).

Converse

Banned
Jesus, what a pain. I'd hoped to snag one or two amiibo from each wave, just of characters that I really like. Never would have dreamed I'd have any trouble picking up an obscure-assed Captain Falcon figurine.

I think I'll take the "if I happen to be in the same place the figures are at" tact and leave it at that. This whole mad scramble looks like a drag -- I'm drained just reading about it. Hopefully it won't be so insane after the holidays.

So hold on, could somebody explain this whole ordering from...wherever other country? I've been lucky enough to get what I want so far but on the chance I don't get a pre-order fulfilled or something like what happened with the toysrus thing happens again I'd like a back up if I can do whatever it is you guys are doing. This stuff has stressed me out way more than I have been with skyguys.

Yep Amazon.fr has some decent prices and the packaging is very similar to the US versions. I ordered 3 amiibos from there and it came to about $55 shipped which is basically about $4 more for each than I'd pay if I ran to my local store and got them. Worth it.

If anyone is trying to order but is scared because it's overseas or in a foreign language or whatever...just use google chrome, translate the page (there's a little icon you can click on in the address bar over to right to translate the page), use your existing Amazon account info to sign in, and use a Visa Credit card and everything is basically the same as ordering from your normal Amazon. You'll be charged in your normal currency just like always.

And if you're confused on what the actual cost is going to be, you can google "euro to usd" or whatever currency you're trying to convert and google will pop up a handy little calculator that you can plug the numbers into.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
So hold on, could somebody explain this whole ordering from...wherever other country? I've been lucky enough to get what I want so far but on the chance I don't get a pre-order fulfilled or something like what happened with the toysrus thing happens again I'd like a back up if I can do whatever it is you guys are doing. This stuff has stressed me out way more than I have been with skyguys.

Sure thing!! Welcome to the lovely world of importing. As a friendly reminding please check the following websites, amazon.co.uk, Amazon.fc and Amazon.de. All this websites are different and all have different stock and pricing. So far Amazon France still has pre-orders for Rosalina for 20 buck plus shipping also lucario (sleepy can't spell) for the same price set to ship January 23.

Things I have import so far and have already shipped.
Pit, Cpt. Falcon. From amazon UK total 35 dollars
Marth amazon.de total 35 dollars

Pre-ordered not shipped yet
Rosalina lucario. Amazon.fc 40 bucks

Hope this helps

Sora_N

I doublechecked my Amazon.co.uk order.

Rosalina was £9.04, Shulk was also £9.04

Postage £6.95

Total converted is about $45 Canadian, it's actually ok...considering how I would never ever be able to find these two, pay $6.50 extra lol.

Stencil

UPDATE FROM NINTENDO...and it's just as useless as we expected.
[...]
4. Will you do ANYTHING about the scalper issue?

Answers please!
[...]

Dude... For real??? Honestly, what the fuck would you expect Nintendo to do about scalpers? This is America, built on Capitalism. You should be thankful they justified that naiveté with any semblance of a response.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
NowInStock.net has been telling me Rosalina is available for preorder for the past hour. I guess it's not completely broken. Still saying it's available, though...

Edit: OOS now.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
I doublechecked my Amazon.co.uk order.

Rosalina was £9.04, Shulk was also £9.04

Postage £6.95

Total converted is about $45 Canadian, it's actually ok...considering how I would never ever be able to find these two, pay $6.50 extra lol.

I will do my utmost to get everyone importing!! Come to the import-side of life. We don't hit f5 every 5 secs and we sleep more!

Horohoro

I will do my utmost to get everyone importing!! Come to the import-side of life. We don't hit f5 every 5 secs and we sleep more!

I get this... but by no means should stock and this uncertainty be something that should be a bother either other things need to happen.

Sora_N

Haven't lost sleep due to Amiibo yet. There's no online preorder for Rosalina and Shulk sold out when I was gone for a day. Lol Canada sux

Salamando

I don't understand why these preorders are popping up at the worst possible time and still selling out

Why? Because scalpers see money to be made. How? Automation. Automatic refreshers, page scanners, ordering scripts. The best scalpers can get their orders in without being at their computer.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Haven't lost sleep due to Amiibo yet. There's no online preorder for Rosalina and Shulk sold out when I was gone for a day. Lol Canada sux

I'm just happy you got your order in. I saw today that a gaf member drove around for 6 hours! Looking for just one amiibo! That is TO much effort for something that costs maybe 13 dollars if you find in store.

Point being. I said it once and I'll say it again. Instead of all that effort spend a little more and and the amiibo that you want well get to you in time. Import or other wise. (Just don't give some one 45 bucks for a "rare" amiibo. Scalpers be damned I say!!!)

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Why? Because scalpers see money to be made. How? Automation. Automatic refreshers, page scanners, ordering scripts. The worst scalpers can get their orders in without being at their computer.
FTFY

Also if someone knows how to do this they should let us know so we can beat the scalpers...

welp just bought pit and captain falcon from amazon.de, first time buying from another country with amazon, but they were both sold by amazon and it came out to 50 bucks, you can barely get pit for 50 bucks and I think it'll get worse. Plus the estimated delivery is the beginning of january, I'll take it.

Quick question this wont have any red flags with my bank will it? I mean will it cause a problem thinking it is stolen and someone in germany is buying stuff?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
welp just bought pit and captain falcon from amazon.de, first time buying from another country with amazon, but they were both sold by amazon and it came out to 50 bucks, you can barely get pit for 50 bucks and I think it'll get worse. Plus the estimated delivery is the beginning of january, I'll take it.

Quick question this wont have any red flags with my bank will it? I mean will it cause a problem thinking it is stolen and someone in germany is buying stuff?

Honestly it could, I remember my bank account got locked due to importing a game from Europe a few years back, even though it was a company I had purchased products from before. But then you just have to give them a phone call. But you will likely be fine.

Sora_N

I'm just happy you got your order in. I saw today that a gaf member drove around for 6 hours! Looking for just one amiibo! That is TO much effort for something that costs maybe 13 dollars if you find in store.

Point being. I said it once and I'll say it again. Instead of all that effort spend a little more and and the amiibo that you want well get to you in time. Import or other wise. (Just don't give some one 45 bucks for a "rare" amiibo. Scalpers be damned I say!!!)

Since I don't have a FT or a decent paying job, I don't have a vehicle yet so I can't drive out around to hunt for Amiibos. I am able to do carshares but that would cost me more than $6. For that extra amount I'd rather just keep my Amazon UK orders yep.

I get what you're saying though, I definitely don't plan to fight the entire city just to get Rosalina (there's only 2 Target stores in my area). I wanted the gashapon figure for years and it was way too expensive. Now the Amiibo is a figure AND has a use in the game too, I'd rather pay for that!

Blyr

Banned
Today was a pretty good day.

Drove around San Antonio for ~9hrs, found 3 amiibos we were looking for. Little Mac was at HEB Plus, we got the last one. Diddy Kong was at target, guy had a box behind the counter for anyone who asked, said they only got 4 Diddy Kong & 4 Cpt. Falcons, Cpt. Falcon sold out as soon as the shipment got there.

Also, EVERYONE has Luigi. Guy at the target where we found Diddy Kong said they got 16 Luigis in, and every single gamestop / best buy / target / TRU we visited had mountains of Luigi.

Only Gamestops had Zelda, which was a bit weird. Was semi-hoping to find the "holy trinity", but I knew it wasn't going to be possible. Kinda bummed about not finding a Pit, or Cpt. Falcon, but that's OK, we had a lot of fun, and we ran into a lot of Amiibo hunters, all of whom were very nice and shared our plights. One guy even told us to start checking HEB Plus because that's where he found his Little Mac.

Interesting tidbits I got today: "holy trinity is 100% discontinued in gamestops computer" (which we've already known), and the guy at the Gamestop who told us that, told us that Little Mac was apparently one of the more common amiibos.. so he was pretty surprised when I told him that of the ~18 stores we visited before that one, we only found 1 Little Mac.

Oh, and Best Buy had a sign up in their Amiibo section saying that the release date for certain figures were "Pushed back to Dec. 30 across all stores" or something to that effect, I had my roommate take a picture because of all of the Best Buy related "release date" BS they've been spouting. Found it interesting they actually had something semi-official in their Amiibo area to stop questions dead.

So if you're in the San Antonio TX region and looking for Amiiibos:

Zelda: Gamestop
Diddy Kong: Target (might have to ask an employee)
Cpt. Falcon: Target (again, might have to ask, but they sold FAST)
Luigi: EVERYWHERE
Little Mac: HEB Plus? Maybe check walmarts too, we kind of stopped going to Walmarts after the first 2 we went to were ransacked completely.
Pit was nowhere to be seen, and no one knew when they were getting him.

Not sure how you found those but thanks I guess. Their shipping is $8 unless you order over $49 worth of stuff to make it free.

I'm still going to complain like hell even if they actually do ship these since I had 2x Pit ordered for like $25 total (that they cancelled on me) and now this order for 2x Pit is $39. Bullshit.

SalvaPot

Oh god thaaaaank you.

Also, I noticed that you can preorder wave three by checkiing the column in the right on your shopping cart, ithey offer it to you in ¨You may also like¨ i just ordered a sonic, ike, and megaman.

Blyr

Banned

Oh wow, thanks!

edit: Lucario limited to 1 per customer.. had to order another one separately because he's my roommates favorite character and my roommate is at work.. too bad, too, that would've put me over the $50 limit

wilflare

when is Amazon.com gonna ship the missing few from wave 2... I preordered early...

hmm I preordered the retail exclusives from Amazon UK... hope it works out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom