• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balb

My issue here is the numbering on the packaging... if I had started collecting them with the numbers I wouldn't care but now... I care.... and it bugs me... I don't know why but it does... I intend to keep mine boxed for awhile... I'll open them eventually... but for awhile I want to keep them boxed got a nice display in mind :).

How are you displaying them? I'm still trying to figure that out because they take up a lot of space and it'll get a lot worse when there are 49+ of them.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
My issue here is the numbering on the packaging... if I had started collecting them with the numbers I wouldn't care but now... I care.... and it bugs me... I don't know why but it does... I intend to keep mine boxed for awhile... I'll open them eventually... but for awhile I want to keep them boxed got a nice display in mind :).

The only thing I can do for you is wish you the best of luck man. You fighting a battle that I gave up on a long time ago. Keep fighting! You got this!!.....I hope.

Matter of preference I guess. I love ripping open the box to touch my new Amiibo buddy and think about all the little adventures we are going to have lol. I play with them all, all the time. It's super fun. I can't explain why though. Just is! :)

Horohoro

How are you displaying them? I'm still trying to figure that out because they take up a lot of space and it'll get a lot worse when there are 49+ of them.

I have a long shelf that runs near the ceiling all around my game room they are lining the that shelf currently it looks quite nice I'll post some pics when I can It'll be after the holidays most likely gf is giving me some for christmas(even though I bought them for myself lol). So I want to take some pics when I put more up.

fernoca

It's pretty gross the way these things are trickling out and the lack of available stock.
We collect Disney Infinity as well and can walk into any Toys R Us and still buy 1.0 figures, power discs and playsets. That's a year plus since those things came out.
To be fair, it wasn't as easy at first. Neither for Skylanders, through the years things got better.

But the first few months weren't a cake walk. Granted in this case, the problem is the lack of an actual date for each wave and the stores just not knowing when they'll get more, something that was better with the others back then at least.

Then you had the store exclusives. Like the Jack Skellington which I preordered 2 but the store only got one. No biggie as one was a gift and I did get the second one a week or so later. And the exclusive colors...thebcrystal variabtsvwerevexclusive to TRU...so were multiple Skylanders. Then the Skylanders also had the mini versions which could only be acquired through a Frito Lays promo at first, and continental US , so my only option to get them was through eBay.

It was cool still and still better handled than the amiibos, but not peachy. :p

DooD1234

Plz just look at Amazon.fr. They have them. For the both of them you looking at 40 dollars. Just for that little extra you save yourself a lot of effort! I saw posters stating that they drove around for 6 hours just looking for 1 Cpt. Falcon! 1!!!! That is nuts!!! Just spend that little extra! Please!!
How do I import? How do I pay in Euro? Never import before.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
How do I import? How do I pay in Euro? Never import before.

From my experience after you complete your order on ether Amazon.fc Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de it done by select what currency you are using and does chargers your card that amount in USD. If I remember right like 35 Euros is 40 something US.

Your visa well work as well.

Horohoro

So far for tonight I have open the captain falcon amiibo page on.
target.com
gamestop.com
toysrus.com
bestbuy.com
walmart.com
amazon.com

I have all these sites refreshing every 15 seconds. Any other sites I should add to my list?
I know Spin Street if you have on carries them. I haven't checked FRY's I don't have one locally do they ship? Do they have them? Apparently they do carry them.
http://www.frys.com/search?search_type=regular&sqxts=1&cat=&query_string=amiibo

andddd they do ship... gotta keep an eye here too now.

Actually is there a list of what stores carry these in general somewhere? I know I haven't seen hardly anyone mention F.Y.E., Spin Street, Game Exchanges, or any of the more chainish Mom N Pop places.

So far for tonight I have open the captain falcon amiibo page on.
target.com
gamestop.com
toysrus.com
bestbuy.com
walmart.com
amazon.com

I have all these sites refreshing every 15 seconds. Any other sites I should add to my list?
I know Spin Street if you have on carries them. I haven't checked FRY's I don't have one locally do they ship? Do they have them? Apparently they do carry them.
http://www.frys.com/search?search_type=regular&sqxts=1&cat=&query_string=amiibo

andddd they do ship... gotta keep an eye here too now.

Entertainment earth have captain falcon for pre order. From What I've Heard from other gaf member they're legit, Except for that time they cancelled the rare 3 pre order. Wait for more opinion on this.

WhyMe6

Australian here, and you're all going to hate me because I'm a collector x scalper ;) I've bought all of Wave 1 & 2, which were all free thanks to my scalping of Villager/Marth/Wii Fit Trainer/Link. Unfortunately, Shulk, Ike and Dedede are out of stock already on EBGames' website...I'm shocked! I pre-ordered the other 8, though, of Wave 3. I'll probably be overseas when Wave 4+ come out, so I'll have to import from Japan, I think. I need to buy a carrying case for them all!

Does anyone have that ? Block Amiibo case? What's it like? It seems too deep? It's a shame the awesome black Japanese one is sold out on AmiAmi ㅠㅠ

Horohoro

Entertainment earth have captain falcon for pre order. From What I've Heard from other gaf member they're legit, Except for that time they cancelled the rare 3 pre order. Wait for more opinion on this.

They got some pretty bad reviews... :/ debating... but a couple good ones...
OMG how COULD I FORGET deepdiscount.com it currently has all of them for preorder!
https://www.deepdiscount.com/search?q=amiibo&mod=AP

Literally all of them up for order. I havent used this site in about a year but they are "fairly reliable" I used to order from them all the time. US based and they accept paypal just ordered Captain Falcon... only downside is they are notoriously slow but pretty reliable.

ChrisD

Australian here, and you're all going to hate me because I'm a collector x scalper ;) I've bought all of Wave 1 & 2, which were all free thanks to my scalping of Villager/Marth/Wii Fit Trainer/Link. Unfortunately, Shulk, Ike and Dedede are out of stock already on EBGames' website...I'm shocked! I pre-ordered the other 8, though, of Wave 3. I'll probably be overseas when Wave 4+ come out, so I'll have to import from Japan, I think. I need to buy a carrying case for them all!

Does anyone have that ? Block Amiibo case? What's it like? It seems too deep? It's a shame the awesome black Japanese one is sold out on AmiAmi ㅠㅠ

If I had the foresight to buy two of each from the get-go I'd also flip the rares to make everything easier on the mind and wallet

DooD1234

Tv9qZdI.png

Alright so I went to amazon.fr and navigated the place and picked out the ones I want. Paid in Visa and everything should come out ok now right? Just want to make sure I imported them correctly. Also when it asked about shipping, I just chose the middle option since it was a couple euro shorter than the first and definitely cheaper than the third option.

WhyMe6

If I had the foresight to buy two of each from the get-go I'd also flip the rares to make everything easier on the mind and wallet

Yeah, I really wish I'd bought multiples of everything. Even making $5 on each during this Christmas period would have been really great.

I love ripping open the box to touch my new Amiibo buddy and think about all the little adventures we are going to have lol. I play with them all, all the time. It's super fun. I can't explain why though. Just is! :)

I'm the exact opposite mang. I deliberate for 30 minutes and cringe every time I open one. To be honest it's some pretty nice packaging.

Popnbake

Now Nintendo, heh...they don't care if you can't get a damn copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy during the Wii's heyday and most recently Pikmin 3. "Don't have it? Oh well, you had your chance and we hate money apparently". I can't see these guys re-releasing Marth and Villager which I am grateful to have by my keyboard as I type this semi-rant. God knows who else is going to go away forever.

Then this bullshit talk form Miyamoto that some of these characters may return as cards? CARDS? FUCK CARDS. People want a goddamn Villager on their desk because that's either their main in Smash or because like me, you've played Animal Crossing since the Gamecube and like that franchise.

They need to get their shit together so these retail chains can get their shit together and stop canceling orders and we can all kill the secondary market together by spending our hard earned cash on items of a reasonable cost.

I feel it's too late for that in the problem lies with the way they designed Amiibos.

- The figures work mainly for one game.
- The figures can only save data for one game at a time.
- They plan on releasing different figures for each game.

These things were not made similarly to Infinity/Skylanders where you can expect to use the figures throughout the life of the Wii U/3DS anytime they release a new Amiibo game.

You're expected to use Smash Amiibos with Smash and then move on to use the next brand of Amiibos with their appropriate games.

These frustrations when it comes to buying limited Amiibos is Nintendo having their shit in order. ):

Peagles

Lol. Funny that there's been little scalping going on here in NZ. I can count on one hand the number of Amiibo listed on TradeMe and I've only seen one sell (Marth for $50). Hope it stays that way!

Horohoro

They got some pretty bad reviews... :/ debating... but a couple good ones...
OMG how COULD I FORGET deepdiscount.com it currently has all of them for preorder!
https://www.deepdiscount.com/search?q=amiibo&mod=AP

Literally all of them up for order. I havent used this site in about a year but they are "fairly reliable" I used to order from them all the time. US based and they accept paypal just ordered Captain Falcon... only downside is they are notoriously slow but pretty reliable.

Quoting myself for emphasis cause alot of people seem to forget this site Little Mac, Pit, and Captain Falcon are available for pre-order at deepdiscount.com

Looks like FYE will carry them later as well I check there pretty often one near my house as well as Spin Street.
http://www.fye.com/stores/fye/search-product-keyword.jsp?query=amiibo&type=all&page=1

Ugh I was babysitting and the damn kid broke my Villager! At least it broke where the knees meet the shorts. Easy super glue fix

my niece came to visit last month and I had left my peach/samus/link out and she found them and played with em. I cringed as she dragged them across my tile coffee table. Next time she comes I'll be sure to hide my entire set.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Tv9qZdI.png

Alright so I went to amazon.fr and navigated the place and picked out the ones I want. Paid in Visa and everything should come out ok now right? Just want to make sure I imported them correctly. Also when it asked about shipping, I just chose the middle option since it was a couple euro shorter than the first and definitely cheaper than the third option.

Looks like it's good to go man! It's just going to take a little while to get to you but you will get them at least and that is what counts. And before they ship you can always cancel so there that if you find ones you've been looking for at a better price.

When trying to import from amazon.fr or .uk I get an error that tells me the site cannot ship to my address, which is Las Vegas, Nevada. Any tips? I don't see why I couldn't get shipping here.

Peagles

When trying to import from amazon.fr or .uk I get an error that tells me the site cannot ship to my address, which is Las Vegas, Nevada. Any tips? I don't see why I couldn't get shipping here.

Have you selected Amazon as the seller? Third party/marketplace sellers usually won't ship overseas.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned

Huh. I wouldn't know. Sorry. Never had a issue shipping to AZ. You could send it to me and I'll forward it up to you no problem if you want.

DooD1234

Looks like it's good to go man! It's just going to take a little while to get to you but you will get them at least and that is what counts. And before they ship you can always cancel so there that if you find ones you've been looking for at a better price.
Hmm, importing with amazon was easier than I thought. Marth, Rosalina, and Captain Falcon were all 10,83 euro each with 14,11 euro shipping bringing it to $56. So looking at euro to dollar conversion I actually paid the same as I would pay for an amiibo in the U.S. I just paid about $17 worth of shipping fees. Better than scalpels fee I suppose lol. Thanks again and you too Greenwolfe7.

Horohoro

Hmm, importing with amazon was easier than I thought. Marth, Rosalina, and Captain Falcon were all 10,83 euro each with 14,11 euro shipping bringing it to $56. So looking at euro to dollar conversion I actually paid the same as I would pay for an amiibo in the U.S. I just paid about $17 worth of shipping fees. Better than scalpels fee I suppose lol. Thanks again and you too Greenwolfe7.

Your welcome I order from overseas all the time ;).

Jeels

I don't get it. There are several gamestops in the Houston area with stock of Pit. But the gamestop I preordered from said they didn't have it.

Mecca

I haven't been able to keep up with this thread too much, but I assume there is no definite release date for Wave 3, specifically Rosalina? I have like 10 Targets around me so I'm not too worried about online pre-orders being gone. I just need to know when they will be in the stores.

Horohoro

I haven't been able to keep up with this thread too much, but I assume there is no definite release date for Wave 3, specifically Rosalina? I have like 10 Targets around me so I'm not too worried about online pre-orders being gone. I just need to know when they will be in the stores.

According to target they sold out online and they will announce the store dates later. I'm same as you about 10 targets near me but sadly 5 of them had captain falcon in stock today I visited all of them an struck out at all of them :(

Christopher

Looks like the first week of February, and be cautious you might have ten targets but people will literally take all of them

O.v.e.rlord

Banned

Yup, yup!! just glad to help out!! :)

Salamando

If wave 2 is any indication, don't bet the farm based off release dates. We expect them out in early Feb/late Jan. Once Jan 15 or so comes around, check this thread and eBay for in-hand pics. Once you see one, get ye to Target and have them punch Rosalina's DCPI into their handheld scanner things. They'll be able to tell you if they have her in stock.

Target's DCPI - 207-00-5021
Stock Tracker for Rosalina - http://m.target.com/fiats-results/t-16811585

Mecca

According to target they sold out online and they will announce the store dates later. I'm same as you about 10 targets near me but sadly 5 of them had captain falcon in stock today I visited all of them an struck out at all of them :(

Looks like the first week of February, and be cautious you might have ten targets but people will literally take all of them

Thank you both for the info. They just built a new Target near me that not too many people know about yet. I'm thinking if I get there right when they open, I may have a fighting chance. :/

If wave 2 is any indication, don't bet the farm based off release dates. We expect them out in early Feb/late Jan. Once Jan 15 or so comes around, check this thread and eBay for in-hand pics. Once you see one, get ye to Target and have them punch Rosalina's DCPI into their handheld scanner things. They'll be able to tell you if they have her in stock.

Target's DCPI - 207-00-5021
Stock Tracker for Rosalina - http://m.target.com/fiats-results/t-16811585

Thank you. I was all confident before, but now you guys have got me worried. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom