• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 5 | Because we didn't preorder thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunkley

1 euro above the "official" price? Fuck the stores trying to do this shit.
This happenes all the time in europe, Nintendo starts sending during the week the shipments and some get them in tuesday, others on wednesday and others on thursday and those store start selling it before the release date.
Other stores dont get them like 2 weeks after that, as it happened with wave 3.0. Really strange distribution Nintendo did with that one.

Is the one Euro thing true? I've been looking at Amiibo in all places and they're all priced 14.99€ here.

I'm here and still collecting amiibo! As time and money permits, of course. ^_^

Shulk is my immediate concern, followed by Robin and Lucina once they release.

Would ya look at that!

So Mega Man and Sonic Friday at GStop correct?

Should be, along with Ike and Triple D. Although mine actually said the 21st for all of them. If they do get them in on friday that'd be even better because I'm going to a Comic Con on Saturday and don't want to be out Amiiboing while I need to get ready.

Yeah dude umm... I'm sorry but, you may want to see if you can't just find a store to return Yoshi - that isn't at all an equal trade...
I think you are getting trolled my man. Dont Take The bait! A Yoshi for a Rosalina and Mac lol. He knows to point out its NA. We are better than this lol

StAidan

Awesome thread title.

Not sure I'll even bother showing up at Best Buy on the 20th, I can't imagine procuring anything that I didn't preorder (e.g., Meta Knight).

Should be, along with Ike and Triple D. Although mine actually said the 21st for all of them. If they do get them in on friday that'd be even better because I'm going to a Comic Con on Saturday and don't want to be out Amiiboing while I need to get ready.

Please be Friday because I'm going to pick up The Order there anyways.

Is the one Euro thing true? I've been looking at Amiibo in all places and they're all priced 14.99€ here.

Toys R Us does it over here ($13.99 compared to the $12.99 everywhere else)
You can thank Gamestop for that. Skylanders first went on sale for $7.99 until Gamestop bumped their prices up to $9.99. After that, every other retailer followed, resulting in TRU doing a upcharge of a dollar on their Toys to Life figures.

Posted on last page of last thread, reposting.

Anyone in NA with an extra Ike and/or Mega Man they'd be willing to simply sell? I have a trade lined up but it will cost me my only Lucario, so I'd rather just buy them.

I think you are getting trolled my man. Dont Take The bait! A Yoshi for a Rosalina and Mac lol. He knows to point out its NA. We are better than this lol

Not trolling. Just trying to get all the dumb trade proposals out of the thread early by proposing the dumbest of them all!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My TRU Ike is out for delivery. Finally.

shanafan

AMIIBO IN THE FORM OF CARDS COMING THIS YEAR
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/02/...ing-this-year?abthid=54e3190ca953b6564e000003

I can see all Amiibo will be cards. Collect the smash bros line up as soon as you can.
These cards will be easer to manufacture and will sure to disappoint fans.

I don't want to have a Smash Bros figure collection and to substitute Marth is a stupid card.

Nintendo knows how to fuck up royally.
First comes the shitty eco cases.
then comes the missing manuals,
then the closure of Club Nintendo
followed by the limited supply of Gamecube Adapter
then the limited Majora's Mask CE
then the limited Majora's Mask New 3DSXL
then the limited amiibo toys
now amiibos are turning into cards.

FUCK OFF NINTENDO, how the hell am I able to buy your shit? I don't want to pay Scalper prices.

Nintendo is trying here to make good. These are things that we never know because we are not running the company, but perhaps manufacturing an amiibo figure is too costly for Nintendo. So, to make good for the public, they are offering the cards. The amiibo will function the same way in game more than likely, so it's a win-win.

And also, yes, there are limited runs of things. Hence the word limited ;) I believe we should know that if Nintendo is making something limited, we need to jump on the ball super early. You can't really blame Nintendo for making something limited, and then complaining that it's them messing up, right?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Here's an updated United States list of when each Wave 3 figure is released at each retailer (bold = first available date for figure). If I've missed something or I have something wrong, let me know.

Jan. 23
=======
Bowser — Toys R Us
Toon Link — Toys R Us
Sheik — Toys R Us

Jan. 30
=======
Lucario — Toys R Us
Bowser — GameStop

Feb. 1
=======
Bowser — Target, Best Buy
Toon Link — Target, Best Buy
Sheik — Target, Best Buy
Rosalina & Luma — Target

Feb. 2
=======
Bowser — f.y.e.
Toon Link — f.y.e.
Sheik — f.y.e.

Feb. 9
=======
Bowser — Walmart
Toon Link — Walmart
Sheik — Walmart
King Dedede — f.y.e.*
Sonic — f.y.e.*
Mega Man — f.y.e.*

Feb. 13
=======
Toon Link — GameStop
Sheik — GameStop
King Dedede — Toys R Us
Ike — Toys R Us*, Target (online only)
Sonic — Toys R Us, Target (online only), Walmart, Best Buy
Mega Man — Toys R Us, Target (online only)
Shulk — GameStop*

Feb. 16
=======
Ike — f.y.e.*

Feb. 20
=======
King Dedede — Target (online only), Walmart, Best Buy, GameStop
Ike — Walmart, Best Buy, GameStop
Sonic — GameStop
Mega Man — Walmart, GameStop, Best Buy
Meta Knight — Best Buy

*Apparently preorders only?

Not trolling. Just trying to get all the dumb trade proposals out of the thread early by proposing the dumbest of them all!
No...but...but...
we were not going to let any of the drama or the dumb shit to follow us into our new utopian thread. Let's not dirty it up already. pretty please.

Rocky

Banned
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/02/...ing-this-year?abthid=54e3190ca953b6564e000003

I can see all Amiibo will be cards. Collect the smash bros line up as soon as you can.

I don't want to have a Smash Bros figure collection and to substitute Marth is a stupid card.

FUCK OFF NINTENDO, how the hell am I able to buy your shit? I don't want to pay Scalper prices.

Nintendo is crazy. Do they really think that a lot of people are buying amiibos for their functionality? It seems to be mostly collectors buying them. Can't see the cards being nearly as popular. Why waste resources on them that can be used to produce more figures?

shanafan

Wait when did wave 4 go up for pre order?

For US? Not yet still.

... the vital detail was that Shigeru Miyamoto's previous musing on the potential for cheaper, easier-to-produce amiibo cards will be a reality this year. These may not be the ideal option for collectible romantics, but in terms of getting plenty of useful stock onto shelves they could be hugely valuable, not to mention useful for gamers that want amiibo functionality at a lower cost.

I like it. Cheaper for us, and less production costs for Nintendo which hopefully equal more on store shelves.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...jor_announcements_as_investors_appear_settled

Feb. 13
=======
Toon Link — GameStop
Sheik — GameStop
King Dedede — Toys R Us
Ike — Toys R Us*, Target (online only)
Sonic — Toys R Us, Target (online only), Walmart, Best Buy
Mega Man — Toys R Us, Target (online only)
Shulk — GameStop*

*Apparently preorders only?

Can confirm I got all 4 Wave 3B including Ike and D3 yesterday from TRU. I posted pictures last night as well. It was a new shipment and they pulled it for me from the stockroom when I politely asked CS

Dunkley

Toys R Us does it over here ($13.99 compared to the $12.99 everywhere else)
You can thank Gamestop for that. Skylanders first went on sale for $7.99 until Gamestop bumped their prices up to $9.99. After that, every other retailer followed, resulting in TRU doing a upcharge of a dollar on their Toys to Life figures.

Huh, you know I was sure I bought my Villager for 13.99€ but since the next time I was looking for Amiibo it was all a Euro more I assumed I just must've misremembered, but I guess thanks to GameStop everyone just followed suit and upped their prices for them aswell.

Really scummy.

I like it. Cheaper for us, and less production costs for Nintendo which hopefully equal more on store shelves.

Oh yeah, this could actually be a silver lining. If parents and stuff are sick of having to wait outside of stores, they could see the cards as being much easier to obtain for little Johnny, so they'll buy those and not even bother with physical figures (especially if they make the cards cheaper than figures).

That'd leave more on the shelf for fans and collectors of the actual toys, and if there's more stock, scalpers might leave them alone.

I really, REALLY hope they don't decide to drop figures in the middle of the smash line and say "lol the rest will all be on cards"

lionpants

I honestly could care less about the functionality. I'm mostly interested in the figures.

It's good for those that just want the benefits though for sure. Especially with stuff like Captain Toad.
It's good to hear you can still care about the functionality of them. Some of the functionality is pretty sweet.

Geedorah

No...but...but...
we were not going to let any of the drama or the dumb shit to follow us into our new utopian thread. Let's not dirty it up already. pretty please.

... facepalm, that is literally trolling pete_clarf, and it is frankly pathetic. Can we all please aim to limit this type of waste and keep it to talking about pre-orders and
legit
trade discussion??

... facepalm, that is literally trolling pete_clarf, and it is frankly pathetic. Can we all please aim to limit this type of waste and keep it to talking about pre-orders and
legit
trade discussion??

I'll trade my Mario for your whole collection. Legit enough for you? I kid, I kid! Let's give the man a break and move on with some manly trades.

I don't even have mario

Spades

Not sure if already posted, but Amiibo will unlock NES and SNES games!

Amiibo figurines will unlock NES and SNES games in a free Wii U app this year, Nintendo president and CEO Satoru Iwata announced today in a financial results briefing.

The app, which will be a free download, is scheduled for release in the first half of 2015.

"With this app, once you tap your amiibo on the NFC area of the GamePad, you will be able to play highlighted scenes of one certain title for NES or Super NES," Iwata said. "You cannot play the entire game due to a time limit, but another tap of the amiibo will enable you to try another highlighted scene in the game. We hope that when you tap your amiibo, the quickly changing game scenes will pleasantly surprise you and make you feel as though you have just exchanged a game cartridge."

http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/17/8050987/amiibo-free-nes-snes-games

Sweet!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not sure if already posted, but Amiibo will unlock NES and SNES games!

http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/17/8050987/amiibo-free-nes-snes-games

Sweet!
I still wonder if you can choose a demo out of select games (like the Play-Choice 10) or if certain amiibo are tied to specific games, which I don't know if it'd work since characters like Sonic, Wii Fit Trainer, R.O.B, Olimar, etc. wouldn't work.

Now that I think about it, I wonder what the chances are they'd do something like this for the 3DS, but instead of SNES, it could be GB/C games. So scanning Kirby would give you Kirby's Dream Land instead of Kirby's Adventure.

Draxal

NOA(I know this includes Canada and might include Mexico) getting 63% of all amiibo released worldwide and we're still by far the thirstiest region.

JoeM86

Nintendo is crazy. Do they really think that a lot of people are buying amiibos for their functionality? It seems to be mostly collectors buying them. Can't see the cards being nearly as popular. Why waste resources on them that can be used to produce more figures?

Because printing cards would be done by the toy manufacturer? Different resources.

Plus they'd likely be used differently. It won't just be replacing the same features as the figures. Relax

Draxal

I thought it was 63% of sales? Anybody know for sure?

This is a pie chart indicating the regional shipment breakdown of amiibo from its launch until the sixth week of this calendar year.
As you can see at a glance, the sector in red representing the U.S. and Canada accounts for a significant portion: 63 percent. The sell-through proportion of the total shipment is approximately 70 percent in each of Japan, U.S. and Canada, and Europe while it reaches 90 percent in Australia.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/150217/04.html

Own
Pre-ordered
Want... wait

SSB Series
001 Mario
002 Princesse Peach
003 Yoshi
004 Donkey Kong
005 Link
006 Fox McCloud
007 Samus Aran
008 Entraîneuse Wii Fit
009 Villageois
010 Pikachu
011 Kirby
012 Marth
013 Zelda
014 Diddy Kong
015 Luigi
016 Little Mac
017 Pit
018 Captain Falcon
019 Princesse Harmonie & Luma
020 Bowser
021 Lucario
022 Link Cartoon
023 Sheik
024 Ike
025 Shulk
026 Sonic
027 Mega Man
028 Roi Dadidou
029 Meta Knight
030 Daraen / Robin
031 Lucina
032 Wario
033 Dracaufeu
034 Ness
035 Pac-Man

Super Mario Series
001 Mario
002 Luigi
003 Bowser
004 Peach
005 Yoshi
006 Toad

15 owned, 8 pre-ordered :eek:

Note : only Little Mac seems to be only available for 80+ euros here in France... others can be find for a quite decent price if you're patient.

lionpants

Wave 1, 2, 3 all 6+ US (and Arya the Doberman)
C5tr59t.jpg

UNJEv5g.jpg
Figma Link in sword spin pose.
Crushed box Meta Knight. :(

The fuck? They haven't even released all of the Smash cast and they're already throwing them under the bus?

Akim

Banned
If this isn't kosher, let me know and I'll remove it.

I have a MM New 3ds and I would trade for a regular+amiibos.

rjinaz

This is a pie chart indicating the regional shipment breakdown of amiibo from its launch until the sixth week of this calendar year.
As you can see at a glance, the sector in red representing the U.S. and Canada accounts for a significant portion: 63 percent. The sell-through proportion of the total shipment is approximately 70 percent in each of Japan, U.S. and Canada, and Europe while it reaches 90 percent in Australia.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/150217/04.html

Thanks.

Gurrry

Just wanna say that the amiibo "cards" they are releasing will flop here in NA. No one is gonna buy them. Nintendo doesnt understand that we want the figures and could care less about their current functionality.

They need to get working on Amiibo Land, or the Infinity equivalent, and dominate the toys to life market.

Buy out the shelf space like Skylanders does. If fucking Spyro can dominate an entire wall of retail space, then Im sure Nintendo can as well.

Zalman

People like collecting cards too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom