• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 5 | Because we didn't preorder thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
Cards are going to completely flop. You can't display cards. In-game functionality is cool, but people want these because their physical representations of their favorite franchises and something to show off.

If Amiibos aren't profitable, increase the price a few bucks.

Cards, plz.

Fox Mulder

The entire reason I'm buying these are for the figures.

Cards have a purpose for huge lines they wont produce figures for, like Pokemon, but I have zero interest in them.

Neo Dark

Did Jawmuncher mention where they were going? And wow it's awesome seeing this thread title exist.

Anyways, yeah. I don't see cards picking up as much as figures. But there's is potential. I actually might buy a few Rosalina cards to take out the NFC chips and put it on the bottom of my desktop figure. I think the best potential for the cards are to save money if you want to turn a regular figure into an amiibo.

Top 30 posters from the previous thread
not top 25 so my name is on there, haha
:

Blue Namagem 784
Mononoke 405
Neo Dark 359
greenwolfe7 338
Zonic 244
Diggeh 214
M1nion 193
rjinaz 187
CH4OS 182
RyosukeTH 176
IntelliHeath 172
Byron Bluth 171
SalvaPot 167
superNESjoe 163
LiK 160
Toki767 153
BigBossJelly 149
SaviourMK2 148
Interface23 147
Christopher 141
ThisBeJason 140
Xamdou 139
pete_clarf 131
TheWorthyEdge 131
PadWarrior 124
Hero Prinny 122
Persona7 121
theSlacker 121
Danthrax 116
Lee Chaolan 112
Don't think I've been on the wall of shame before especially in the top 3. I'm surprised I didn't get surpassed since most of my posts came early on and I pretty much died down these last few days.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*Out for Delivery*

Welp, sounds like I'll get Shulk once I get back from class. Now hoping I get my LE of Majora's Mask 3D tomorrow.

Draxal

Cards are going to completely flop. You can't display cards. In-game functionality is cool, but people want these because their physical representations of their favorite franchises and something to show off.

If Amiibos aren't profitable, increase the price a few bucks.

Cards, plz.

They're just for in game functionality, and require different manufacturers.

Nintendo can't keep producing 40+ amiibo cocurrently.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The entire reason I'm buying these are for the figures.

Cards have a purpose for huge lines they wont produce figures for, like Pokemon, but I have zero interest in them.
Agreed. Again, I feel like this'll work for stuff like Pokemon or Animal Crossing (villagers, furniture, clothing, wallpaper, etc.) which have a LOT more characters or items that could work via NFC scanning (heck, Animal Crossing on GCN even had a few e-reader cards), but I'd still like the figures to display. Cards will just stay hidden in a binder or their wrapper on a shelf.

Now granted, I can see cards for SSB once the final wave's done & they make a few card packs (like, 12 per pack since 48 characters are getting amiibos. I doubt Mii will get one), but again, it's kind of cool to see the roster in figure form than in card form.

I'd buy cards but if it's like one per buy than I'll pass , should easily be 5-10 in a pack but this is Nintendo so it probably won't be

I did love buying and opening Pokemon gen 1 cards in the 90s , make it like that Nintendo , pls

Lol best title B^)

Einbroch

Banned
They're just for in game functionality, and require different manufacturers.

Nintendo can't keep producing 40+ amiibo cocurrently.

Oh, I understand, and agree completely. I'm just saying that people aren't going to care about cards like they do figures. This fervor, this staying up until 3AM, jamming F5? That's not going to happen with cards. And without the fervor, and without the physical collectible, what reason do you have to pick up the card? DLC, of course, but that's not exciting.

CH4OS

OT 5??

I either slept a REALLY long time...
or Wave 4 preorders went up last night 0.o

Yes, I get the joke

Neo Dark

Thread 5?, did I miss a thread?
err... Not sure if serious or joking. If you're serious, did you miss the rest of the thread title and joke went over your head? Um might want to check my recent posts or the last couple pages in thread three if you are serious

I'd buy cards but if it's like one per buy than I'll pass , should easily be 5-10 in a pack but this is Nintendo so it probably won't be

I did love buying and opening Pokemon gen 1 cards in the 90s , make it like that Nintendo , pls

Lol best title B^)
I can see the rage already in regards to how people bought 20 packs and still didn't get the card they want.

TheDanimal

Thread 5?, did I miss a thread?
attachment.php

Just you wait.

Amiibo cards based on Pokemon &/or Animal Crossing.

I've been gunning for Nintendo to make Pokemon cards with AR squares on them for a while now. Making Pokemon Cards (or promo things with NFC chips in them) would be neat especially if they unlocked an event pokemon or something.

NIGHT-

Has anyone that preordered from Amazon fr not received their Lucario? Mines been shipped for a while now and my Rosalina arrived like a week and half ago. I'm starting to get worried

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Posted on last page of last thread, reposting.

Anyone in NA with an extra Ike and/or Mega Man they'd be willing to simply sell? I have a trade lined up but it will cost me my only Lucario, so I'd rather just buy them.

Why trade for a rare figure for one that hasn't even been officially released in all stores yet?
You don't know if how common/uncommon MM or Ike will be yet. Kind of like Toon Link and Sheik and they started to pop up everywhere after the initial sell out.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Come on Nintendo, I'll pay for my Ness in full right now if you pump one out for me in your next production run.

How long does it take to produce a batch of these things? You would think Nintendo could take pre-orders, even just for a day, and base their production numbers on those.

Neo Dark

Haha damn that's true, it'll be like trying to find charazard all over again

Amiibo Card Thread 2: I got a pack full of peach, RIGGED
Haha yeah. But Nintendo would make a killing especially if they release like holo rare cards or something. Even in pokemon there's cards that are the same except one is foil and the other isn't and we all have to have the foil. If they do that with the amiibo cards, I'm sure it'll make some nice bank for them

Just need them to start a card game that uses these cards. Maybe an amiibo mat? Have it connect to the bottom port of the game pad and the mat has a bunch of NFC sensors?

Spades

I assumed people in this thread would love the cards. That way you can keep your Amiibo on a shelf (or sealed in the box) and just use the cards for the in-game functionality.

That's what I intend to do. They'll be perfect for using with the N3DS as well - saving you from carrying your Amiibo around with you.

zroid

Banned
I assumed people in this thread would love the cards. That way you can keep your Amiibo on a shelf (or sealed in the box) and just use the cards for the in-game functionality.

That's what I intend to do. They'll be perfect for using with the N3DS as well - saving you from carrying your Amiibo around with you.

Well it's certainly better than the alternative (nothing)

kierwynn

:

Blue Namagem 784
Mononoke 405
Neo Dark 359
greenwolfe7 338
Zonic 244
Diggeh 214
M1nion 193
rjinaz 187
CH4OS 182
RyosukeTH 176
IntelliHeath 172
Byron Bluth 171
SalvaPot 167
superNESjoe 163
LiK 160
Toki767 153
BigBossJelly 149
SaviourMK2 148
Interface23 147
Christopher 141
ThisBeJason 140
Xamdou 139
pete_clarf 131
TheWorthyEdge 131
PadWarrior 124
Hero Prinny 122
Persona7 121
theSlacker 121
Danthrax 116
Lee Chaolan 112

Geez, even Guy beat me? I need to get good.

Ludist210

Just wanna say that the amiibo "cards" they are releasing will flop here in NA. No one is gonna buy them. Nintendo doesnt understand that we want the figures and could care less about their current functionality.
I know it. I'd likely buy them as a replacement for the ones I don't have, but I would much rather spend more money on the figures themselves. The figures, Nintendo. FIGURES.

I want to give you more money. Strike a deal with retailers, especially TRU.

LAA

ShopTo dispatched my Mega man, Sonic and Shulk amiibos today, woo!
Should get them tomorrow which is great.

... facepalm, that is literally trolling pete_clarf, and it is frankly pathetic. Can we all please aim to limit this type of waste and keep it to talking about pre-orders and
legit
trade discussion??

Maybe you're just upset that you fell for it? Whatever. I'll show my pathetic self out.

:

Blue Namagem 784
Mononoke 405
Neo Dark 359
greenwolfe7 338
Zonic 244
Diggeh 214
M1nion 193
rjinaz 187
CH4OS 182
RyosukeTH 176
IntelliHeath 172
Byron Bluth 171
SalvaPot 167
superNESjoe 163
LiK 160
Toki767 153
BigBossJelly 149
SaviourMK2 148
Interface23 147
Christopher 141
ThisBeJason 140
Xamdou 139
pete_clarf 131
TheWorthyEdge 131
PadWarrior 124
Hero Prinny 122
Persona7 121
theSlacker 121
Danthrax 116
Lee Chaolan 112

I didn't even make it q_q

I won't be collecting cards. After the Smash line I'm done. In fact, I may only get a few more from the Smash line and not the whole line and call it quits.

I won't be collecting cards. After the Smash line I'm done. In fact, I may only get a few more from the Smash line and not the whole line and call it quits.

Same, amiibos will be the death of me if I continue for too long. Best to limit myself while I can and not go down the rabbit hole too much.

But while I'm still chasing amiibos, cards are not a suitable replacement and can go die in a fire lol.

CH4OS

Well well Nintendo, if cards don't make the value of rare figures go even higher I don't know what will.

I can see it now.
(Villager releases in card form)
Everyone: "DEAR GOD VILLAGER WILL NEVER RELEASE AGAIN NOW CONFIRMED! BREAK INTO HOUSES, TRACK DOWN EBAY SELLERS, SAVE THE WOMEN AND VILLAGERS! AMIIBOGEDDON HAS BEGUN!"

Dimentios

Europe-Gaf, please tell me!

Zelda
Little Mac
Rosalina

Anywhere to find them for reasonable prices? Preferably Germany, but any european online shop who is selling them to Germany for a price under ebay-scalper-level should be fine.

Ludist210

Europe-Gaf, please tell me!

Zelda
Little Mac
Rosalina

Anywhere to find them for reasonable prices? Preferably Germany, but any european online shop who is selling them to Germany for a price under ebay-scalper-level should be fine.
Zelda is rare in Europe? I see her a lot here in the US.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Well, I'm starting to wonder as to why no in NA can preorder wave 4 yet. I just don't get it!!!! Why won't preorders go up yet!!! *crys*

Well, I'm starting to wonder as to why no in NA can preorder wave 4 yet. I just don't get it!!!! Why won't preorders go up yet!!! *crys*
I think there is a lot to be said for the possibility they are working out exclusivity contracts. stores know what characters are coming so what would stop them from at least having the place holders up? Unless it's the fact that 3 of them may be exclusive to one retailer.

:

Blue Namagem 784
Mononoke 405
Neo Dark 359
greenwolfe7 338
Zonic 244
Diggeh 214
M1nion 193
rjinaz 187
CH4OS 182
RyosukeTH 176
IntelliHeath 172
Byron Bluth 171
SalvaPot 167
superNESjoe 163
LiK 160
Toki767 153
BigBossJelly 149
SaviourMK2 148
Interface23 147
Christopher 141
ThisBeJason 140
Xamdou 139
pete_clarf 131
TheWorthyEdge 131
PadWarrior 124
Hero Prinny 122
Persona7 121
theSlacker 121
Danthrax 116
Lee Chaolan 112
OOOOOHH SHIT IM ON THE WALL OF SHAME!! I'd like to thank god for this, and also my family.

Ultimadrago

I want cards a hell of a lot more than figures.

Semi on this mode. Take up much less space managing than figures. So I'm all for it for characters I don't want figures for, but will likely have major functionality in future titles: Star Fox, Fire Emblem guys, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom