• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andrew House: PS4 sold through 2.1 million units worldwide as of 12/1, 700K in EU/AU

playstation4group.gif

That can't be true. Vita launch in December 2011 in Japan, for one. They certainly hadn't sold through 2.1 million units before launching anywhere else.

Haha missed the joke, sounds like stock sellout. The focus on Europe and the US over Japan was a great idea.

Fucking amazing numbers Sony, you did great. :)

About what I expected. I hope you enjoyed those "Xbox One dominates Black Friday" stories, MS. Last good news for a while.

That fucking console war. Even with good news not in any way related to the Xbox One, people insult the Xbox One, fuck yeah! ...

Hoo-doo

Banned
Amazing. I'm hoping to jump in myself the second I find one in stores, which could be like.. march at this point.

Hmm, this suggests though they didn't break 1M in Europe (perhaps due to supply) or alternatively they've only sold through another 100K in NA since the first 24 hours (again perhaps due to supply).

Does that include Black Friday? because if it does it will mean that the European shipment was less than a million. Unless Sony had a 100k for Black Friday.

KoopaTheCasual

That can't be true. Vita launch in December 2011 in Japan, for one. They certainly hadn't sold through 2.1 million units before launching anywhere else.
Come on guys. Mort is making a funny. He purposely said 2.1 not 2.1million. All part of the morbid humor surrounding the Vita situation.

UNCMark

Banned
Amazing. I'm hoping to jump in myself the second I find one in stores, which could be like.. march at this point.

Unless their factories blowup, there's not a chance they become that scarce.

Wishful thinking there, zelda-boy?
What are you talking about? I'm asking merely for comparison sake since both consoles went on sale pretty much on the same day of the year.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
RIDICULOUS.

Wii U shipped 3.06 million consoles to retailers as of December 31st, 2012.

888K of that sold-through in the USA.
627K of that sold-through in Japan
Also about 425K of that sold through to Europe, based on pixel counting iirc. So about 1.9M November and December 2012.

About what I expected. I hope you enjoyed those "Xbox One dominates Black Friday" stories, MS. Last good news for a while.

I doubt MS is reading this thread. I also dont know what that had to do at all with the article or thread. You seem quite objective and impartial though, so i will follow your blog.

UNCMark

Banned
I don't have a worldwide number, but they had yet to hit the 1 Million mark here in America before the end of December.

I just remember them hitting 3 million pretty fast and then hitting a wall, but that 3 million was done in every region, not just 2.

It seems to be backordered to hell and back over here. I'm certainly not gettin my hopes up for getting one this year.

Like I said, they're making a million a month. You should be fine. And hopefully I will too pre-Christmas (for someone else, I got mine already).

Hoo-doo

Banned
Unless their factories blowup, there's not a chance they become that scarce.

What are you talking about? I'm asking merely for comparison sake since both consoles went on sale pretty much on the same day of the year.

It seems to be backordered to hell and back over here. I'm certainly not gettin my hopes up for getting one this year.

Strained sports analogy time!

Sony worked their way up to a hitter's count. (Lots of good decisions after another; competition helped them out with bad ones.)

Then they got a fastball down the middle. (Were able to produce enough units to meet the hype.)

Now... can they hit it out of the park? (Software support including 3rd party over the next 2-3 years.)

KoopaTheCasual

Do you guys think they'll be able to sell 3 mill by the end of Dec?
Factoring in Asia launch in the coming weeks and Christmas worldwide? They're looking at 4 million through the holidays (if they can possibly manufacture that many). Demand is definitely super high. Now we see how good Sony is at pumping these things out

Top Bottom