• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andrew House: PS4 sold through 2.1 million units worldwide as of 12/1, 700K in EU/AU

Amauri14

Congratulations to Sony, it looks like consoles are not really doomed.
But it also looks like the Wii U situation is not going to change anytime soon.
immvTNrEFMURe.jpg

Banderas Awaits indeed!
LOL

UNCMark

Banned
That was the shipped number. Were talking about the sell-through number right now.

Fair enough then. That makes comparisons useless if Nintendo only deals in shipped. I guess that explains how they had a negative number for the UK earlier in the year.

UberTag

Given PS4 scarcity in North America and the hugely successful launch of the PS4 in Europe, I'm not convinced the 2.1 million figure ensures an NPD win for Sony. Microsoft may have edged them out in supply.

It'll be close enough not to matter much either way.

Mortemis

Banned
Awesome, they're gonna sell whatever they ship but it's nice they shipped that much.

The real battle hasn't even started yet. When supply meets demand that's when we'll see if the king is back.
I believe.

I doubt MS is reading this thread. I also dont know what that had to do at all with the article or thread. You seem quite objective and impartial though, so i will follow your blog.

OK: http:www.gamerblahhhg.com

But if you think Albert Penello can resist the urge to click on this thread, I disagree. I guess it's at least nice he's stopped coming by to lie to our faces, though.

NeoGash

the return of the king?

the return of the king

here's to 3 million before the year's end

1. Was an excellent movie.
2. Yes, it is still an excellent movie.
3. Yes, I believe Sony can easily do 3 million before the end of the year. I am waiting eagerly to see how far ahead it gets of the Xbox One next year.

IN&OUT

Banned
I've sent my PS4 to my nephew hoping I can snatch one here in the US. 3days now without luck. let me know guys if there is any stock in MI or OH (I live in Ann Arbor Michigan)

Fair enough then. That makes comparisons useless if Nintendo only deals in shipped. I guess that explains how they had a negative number for the UK earlier in the year.
We have estimates of sell-through for the period.

Also, even with only very rough estimates of the LTD it's very likely that the PS4 is now the best-selling 8th gen console in Europe.

UNCMark

Banned
I've sent my PS4 to my nephew hoping I can snatch one here in the US. 3days now without luck. let me know guys if there is any stock in MI or OH (I live in Ann Arbor Michigan)

I keep hoping Sony will restock Amazon again. Would be nice to buy another one without tax.

Strained sports analogy time!

Sony worked their way up to a hitter's count. (Lots of good decisions after another; competition helped them out with bad ones.)

Then they got a fastball down the middle. (Were able to produce enough units to meet the hype.)

Now... can they hit it out of the park? (Software support including 3rd party over the next 2-3 years.)

Should mark it with an asterisk. Sony's been juicing on 8GB GDDR5.

Given PS4 scarcity in North America and the hugely successful launch of the PS4 in Europe, I'm not convinced the 2.1 million figure ensures an NPD win for Sony. Microsoft may have edged them out in supply.

It'll be close enough not to matter much either way.

No chance. The Xbox One sold around 1.1m in its first week worldwide. At best they added another 150k over black Friday my guess is that Sony has a 800k lead at least with around 250k in North America. NPD is North America only so it will show that gap.

I am the 2.1 million.

What's really astounding is how Sony got me to buy a Vita to go with my PS4. That's something I wouldn't have believed possible until it actually happened.

Bradach

When no one was looking, Sony
sold 2.1 million cakes. They sold 2.1 million cakes.
That’s as many as two hundred and ten thousand tens.
And that’s terrible.

No chance. The Xbox One sold around 1.1m in its first week worldwide. At best they added another 150k over black Friday my guess is that Sony has a 800k lead at least with around 250k in North America. NPD is North America only so it will show that gap.

NPD tracks sales to consumers in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and the USA.

The NPD reports (and leaks) we get every month only refer to the USA market...but they do more than that.

B.O.O.M

Slay

Impressive numbers. Now we need those Knack numbers sony lol

but no seriously a regional split etc would have been cool

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So will they reach 3 million by the end of the year? I guess supply is a bit of an issue here?

madmackem

And this thing is hard to find atm, my local game is into phase 4 preorders and i live in a modest city in england, shit is going to sell real well.

Anyone know what their manufacturing rate is at? IIRC, during the peak of the PS2 they were making something like two million per month.

foxbeldin

People will get into fights to have a PS4 under the christmas tree. Sony are gonna sell every single console they can produce.

Margalis

Banned
Also, :lol @ that goomba guy saying consoles are doomed.

I don't think any rational person thought XB1 and PS4 would sell poorly in the first month or two.

I do believe that as a whole console sales will be down this gen though. Particularly in year 3+. I made that prediction ages ago and I still believe it.

Top Bottom