• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andrew House: PS4 sold through 2.1 million units worldwide as of 12/1, 700K in EU/AU

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-12-03-sony-expected-to-ship-1m-ps4s-per-month

According to the article (posted earlier in the thread), half of the incoming PS4's will be going to Gamestop. I would have exepected Walmart to get half. How odd.

I wonder if this is because Gamestop has some crazy long pre-order lists? I don't know if its the case nation wide, but I recall someone posting a thread about how their local Gamestop was pre-ordered into early next year.

YoshidaDoesBanderas.gif

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I don't create GIFs, but I kindly supply you all free inspirational GIF building blocks:
1. This video
2. Tiger=Hirai (grinning)
3. Kid=Reggie or Iwata

Triple U

Banned
Your break down makes no sense because you oversimplified it .
How many 2GB GPU were ship or how many 6GB GPU were ship all of those are factors you have to think about .
Then you also have to think which chips there are using because Sony would never care about 2Gbits .
Which matters if you want to talk about demand of certain chip and prices .

I still don't understand why you keep trying to focus on memory volume, its not relevant here. Again most GPUs use a standard configuration of GDDR modules. Sony usesa somewhat common number in a clamshell. What varies is density, bus width, clocks, MCs, etc.

Bottome line is that even if Sony sold PS4s at a Wii pace, they'd still be only a fraction of the total market.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-12-03-sony-expected-to-ship-1m-ps4s-per-month

According to the article (posted earlier in the thread), half of the incoming PS4's will be going to Gamestop. I would have exepected Walmart to get half. How odd.

I remember back in May or June during all that MS drm crap, reading a few articles stating that Gametop's CEO told Sony he would buy up all the PS4's they could make. Sony may have made some arrangement with them at the time.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
That's quite impressive, great job Sony.

In a time where good news seems to be rare, at least we have some glimpses of it here and there.

turnbuckle

I already bought a PS4 for my brother (roommate) but a payment issue caused the PS4 I preordered for myself to not go through. I tried a few times to get a PS4 for myself since then and kept failing.

One of my buddies who works at Wal-Mart texted me yesterday that they just got 9 PS4s in. I left work to get one as soon as he texted me. By the time I got there I couldn't find a single PS4 so I asked a guy who worked in electronics - "sorry, we sold them all". I told him my friend just said they got a shipment in and he doubled down by saying "we have ps3s, but we sold all of our PS4s". I couldn't believe they sold 9 of them so quickly, but before I left I texted my friend back and told him the situation. He said "no, we still have 3 of them. That guy is wrong, that guy is always wrong...don't listen to him". A minute later my friend comes from wherever he works at and walked behind the electronics counter and opened a box that had the remaining 3 PS4s. Bought one, left happy. By the time I got to work my friend texted me saying they sold their remaining two.

So, in about an hour period they sold out of their 9 PS4s even with a guy working the department that didn't know what he was talking about.

They also got 10 XB1s yesterday and sold them out too. Took a bit longer, but impressive nonetheless.

Top Bottom