• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread New OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is chaos rings II worth it? I'm not as in love with jrpgs anymore but it seems like one of the better traditional genres to work on touchscreens.

Also is there any reason I would opt for the PC version of knights of pen and paper?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I'm so addicted to Puzzle Craft right now that I'm constantly thinking about farming and mining.

Got the $25 credit promo for my HTC One, and looking for games to spend it on.

If I mostly play solo games for about 30 minutes at a time or so during my public transit commute, which of these board game adaptations is more single-player friendly: Elder Sign Omens or Talisman Prologue?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/suggestions.

aravuus

I don't know about the latter two, but the room is goddamn fantastic. One of the best mobile games I've played that weren't by kairosoft. I'm not completely done with it though, I should probably finish it some day.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Is there anything like Einhänder? Not R Type.

Goldrush

Is chaos rings II worth it? I'm not as in love with jrpgs anymore but it seems like one of the better traditional genres to work on touchscreens.

Also is there any reason I would opt for the PC version of knights of pen and paper?

Tough to say if you're not in love with jrpgs. I will say that the story is absolutely crazy and the production value matches the price.

Argh, dammit, Rayman went back up before I got a chance to use some of my $25 Nexus 7 credit... Should really use that before it expires in a few days.

garath

Got the $25 credit promo for my HTC One, and looking for games to spend it on.

If I mostly play solo games for about 30 minutes at a time or so during my public transit commute, which of these board game adaptations is more single-player friendly: Elder Sign Omens or Talisman Prologue?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/suggestions.

Really both are good. Talisman prologue is a little more friendly for short sittings though. You attempt a challenge which is generally not longer than 30 min. But elder scrolls can be done that quickly too. Usually losing. Its a challenge :)

Argh, dammit, Rayman went back up before I got a chance to use some of my $25 Nexus 7 credit... Should really use that before it expires in a few days.

FWIW I believe Rayman is one of the best games on Android and worth buying even at full price. It looks amazing, it's fun to play, it's properly designed for mobiles and they keep adding content to it all the time. Really good value for money.

FWIW I believe Rayman is one of the best games on Android and worth buying even at full price. It looks amazing, it's fun to play, it's properly designed for mobiles and they keep adding content to it all the time. Really good value for money.
Yeah, I watched the video and it looks quite fun.

In my list to blow my free credit is currently (gaming wise) Rayman, Majesty, Tiny Bang, League of Evil, Oh!Edo Town, Canabalt, Solipskier, 10000000, Punch Quest, Karateka, Prince of Persia, Super Hexagon, Sonic 1, Gamebook Adventures 1 and The Room. Any other suggestions or advice to avoid any of these? Mainly after quirky, solid games I can play in quick sessions. Sword & Sorcery was a big fave of mine.

Edit: Anyone tried AGS on Android? I install the latest (June 10 or so build) and put all the Blackwell games along with Gemini Rue. It's pretty buggy and crashes frequently, that'd be OK if the saving seemed to work. Anyone had any luck? Tried on a Nexus 7 thus far.

Yeah, I have Game Dev Story and love it (haven't played it for a while), which is why I tried Oh!Edo Towns, because most of their 'Story' series are otherwise quite similar.

Yeah, I watched the video and it looks quite fun.

In my list to blow my free credit is currently (gaming wise) Rayman, Majesty, Tiny Bang, League of Evil, Oh!Edo Town, Canabalt, Solipskier, 10000000, Punch Quest, Karateka, Prince of Persia, Super Hexagon, Sonic 1, Gamebook Adventures 1 and The Room. Any other suggestions or advice to avoid any of these? Mainly after quirky, solid games I can play in quick sessions. Sword & Sorcery was a big fave of mine.

Edit: Anyone tried AGS on Android? I install the latest (June 10 or so build) and put all the Blackwell games along with Gemini Rue. It's pretty buggy and crashes frequently, that'd be OK if the saving seemed to work. Anyone had any luck? Tried on a Nexus 7 thus far.

I couldn't get into GDS too much, but I have been enjoying Epic Astro Story.

I really enjoyed Punch Quest and 10000000. Super Hexagon is really awesome, but hard, so I don't play it as much as I would like because I feel like I need to devote too much attention to it.

I also really like Ski Safari and Robot Unicorn Attack. In fact I've played RUA a good bit more than Canabalt.

MisterC20XX

I took the plunge and rooted my Kindle Fire so it's now running pure Android 4.2.2. This has unlocked a new world of game options for me. Can anyone recommend me some RPGs? I'm looking for games more like Might & Magic or Wizardry rather than FF or DW.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Raiden Legacy has been reduced to £2.00/$1.99. Does anybody here have it as I was wondering how well the touch controls work?

DiscoJer

Are there any decent 4x strategy games on the Play store?

Or how about games based on Empire? Like er, Empire, or the old Warlords games from SSG.

Are there any decent 4x strategy games on the Play store?

Or how about games based on Empire? Like er, Empire, or the old Warlords games from SSG.
It's not quite the same, but I enjoyed Majesty (recommended in this thread). There is also a port of Freeciv available. Personally I'd like to see an official port of Pirates! one day, and maybe Castles too...

Jefklak

Does anyone remember Arcomage from Might & magic?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsInJ1LmZyZWVjb2RlIl0.

2.jpg

What's the "best" puzzle rpg out there?
I like puzzle quest 2 but saw there are a lot more out there, and puzzle quest is quite heavy/slow

Do the hats give any bonuses?

I got bodied by some rank 222 person who had all these items lol; lost 90% of my health after round 1.
Nope, the equipment doesn't give any bonus whatsoever. The likelihood is that the person you were playing against is just ridiculously good at the game.

I'm hooked

RM8

I hate virtual d-pads and buttons, but hey, the Sonic games are too cheap right now so I grabbed Sonic CD and Sonic 1. They actually play decently, I don't regret buying them. In Sonic 1 you can even make the buttons invisible, so eh, it's okay I guess. I'm still waiting for the 3D Classic version on 3DS :p

hom3land

Nope, the equipment doesn't give any bonus whatsoever. The likelihood is that the person you were playing against is just ridiculously good at the game.

I'm hooked

Yea it's really well done! Hope they incorporate a single player like puzzle quest. Did you face the werewolf yet? He messed me up big time.

GDGF

Soothsayer
My Gamezebo review of Charlie Hop, a cool little puzzle/platformer dunked in a coat of Chappism is up if you want to give it a look.

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/charlie-hop/review

Charlie Hop has a bit of a complex. He comes from a distinguished line of cavaliers, each of them blessed with a moustache more splendid than the last. Unfortunately, nature has chosen to bless poor Charlie with only a white-gloved slap across his comparatively barren face. But rather than suffering this genetic injustice in stride, he sets off on a Freudian journey across hill and dale, leaping across vast chasms, dodging a variety of pointy things, and shifting the very earth beneath his feet in order to collect precariously placed stars that will somehow, ultimately, grant him the ability to grow whiskers worthy of his ancestors’ pride.

Jefklak

Any tips on playing 10000000 in general? I like it but im not used to speedy games and I can't even manage to unlock the second gate haha...
Edit: silly me, managed to unlock them all and get some upgrades, works a lot better now. Highscore of 300000 for now. Loving it, but my strategy is simple: keep on matching, whatever match you find. I barely look at what I'm up against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom