• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mafia |OT| - Making Animal Friends Is Awesome!

I very obviously killed SalvaPot myself. It's hardly vote swap fuckery.

In a way you did, couldve left it a tie. All I know is you voted for me and I'm doing the best I can to defend myself, which at the time was throw it back you since no bandwagoning has happened for me yet. When I voted for Hobo, I explained my reasoning, which made sense to me. I didn't tie it up with my vote, if it stayed like it was, there would've been no tie.And I didn't try to change again after I voted for Hobo, because I wanted to test the theory about RNH/Hobo. If Hobo does turn out to be HHA, I'll be looking at RNH next day phase. With it being a tie between Salv/Hobo, hard to believe Ouro was the only name you could come up with, but possible.

the younger nephew huh, I think you should tell us what your role does Hobo.

Seems resolved to his fate for today tbh.

Looking thru his posts, he has a low post count. There is a post or two where he suggests HHA having access to both gossip chats is unlikely since that would be too much info for HHA to have. That was to defend himself.

squidyj

I will add that this check actually has me believing franconp more than i might have before, if we look at the numbers there would generally be 5 mafia, maybe 6 in a game this size. obviously we have no guarantee but I think it would be very unlikely that there would be more than 6 mafia in a game this size.

Which means a gambit play to get us to lynch a town is unlikely and if hobo does turn out to be town I think things will be considerably worse for fran on the next day.

squidyj

In a way you did, couldve left it a tie. All I know is you voted for me and I'm doing the best I can to defend myself, which at the time was throw it back you since no bandwagoning has happened for me yet. When I voted for Hobo, I explained my reasoning, which made sense to me. I didn't tie it up with my vote, if it stayed like it was, there would've been no tie.And I didn't try to change again after I voted for Hobo, because I wanted to test the theory about RNH/Hobo. If Hobo does turn out to be HHA, I'll be looking at RNH next day phase. With it being a tie between Salv/Hobo, hard to believe Ouro was the only name you could come up with, but possible.

Seems resolved to his fate for today tbh.

Hopefully we can get something out of him or have a good discussion beyond him, I don't like cutting days short even if we know who we're gonna lynch from the start.

Razmos

Guys, what if "younger nephew" means that the HHA are a family? Father, Mother, Brother, Sister, Nephew, Younger Nephew ect.

The role of "Younger Nephew" seems so drastically different to all of the roles we have seen so far.

I think evicting Hobohodo would give us a clue on what that role is and if it may be connected with others.

VOTE: Hobohodo

me too, so i went and tried to break the tie. then you may have re-tied?

Looking at this post. You thought my vote tied it. King's vote for Salva was 2nd after my vote. Your next post is at 12:59, so it is very likely you saw King's vote for Salva. So in your mind it was 7/6 for Salva. You could've been thinking you don't want anyone to tie it on your HHA friend Hobo, so you take your vote off Hobo at the last minute, making it 7/5 for Salva for you. You don't vote for Salva because you don't want to show up voting for him so you change to another random guy.

healthy_brain_240.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Guys, what if "younger nephew" means that the HHA are a family? Father, Mother, Brother, Sister, Nephew, Younger Nephew ect.
VOTE: Hobohodo

I agree with this interpretation. For people unfamiliar with Animal Crossing, the premise is that you're moving to a town for some unexplained reason and when you get acquainted with your digs, Tom Nook, the proprietor of the town's main shop confronts you and tells you you have a massive debt for the housing and he'll "help" you pay it off. As you clear your debt by pawning off random junk to him, he upgrades his operations to stock more items and suggests further ways to throw yourself into debt to him.

Typical conversation with Tom Nook:
dailyblog-june102013-16.jpg

Darryl

Banned
Looking at this post. You thought my vote tied it. King's vote for Salva was 2nd after my vote. Your next post is at 12:59, so it is very likely you saw King's vote for Salva. So in your mind it was 7/6 for Salva. You could've been thinking you don't want anyone to tie it on your HHA friend Hobo, so you take your vote off Hobo at the last minute, making it 7/5 for Salva for you. You don't vote for Salva because you don't want to show up voting for him so you change to another random guy.

healthy_brain_240.png

Damn you got me

Haly

So this "confirms" 3 HHA, Loan Shark Godfather, Older Nephew and Younger Nephew, possibly with a fourth one or someone neutral.

ultron87

I agree with this interpretation. For people unfamiliar with Animal Crossing, the premise is that you're moving to a town for some unexplained reason and when you get acquainted with your digs, Tom Nook, the proprietor of the town's main shop confronts you and tells you you have a massive debt for the housing and he'll "help" you pay it off. As you clear your debt by pawning off random junk to him, he upgrades his operations to stock more items and suggests further ways to throw yourself into debt to him.

Typical conversation with Tom Nook:

And Tom Nook notably has two younger raccoons that work in his shop that might be his nephews.

Mind explaining this theory?

Mind explaining this theory?

Just didn't like your reason for not voting Hobo, that's it. Could be nothing, could be a slip. If Hobo does end up being HHA, you guys couldve discussed ystrday how to go about it, that you would be one of the first votes for Hobo. Thus when Hobo turns out to be HHA you can be like you were one of the first ones to vote for him. Reaching? Maybe. Possible? Yes.

squidyj

So lets live in the world where hobohodo is confirmed mafia for a while and suggest that what happened yesterday was his mafia teammates deflecting away from him. It was my initial gut read of that voting distribution and it seems highly likely at this point, so I'm curious who everyone thinks Hobohodo's accomplices were that got him off (giggity).

Hobohodo

So I should probably explain myself huh?

As francorp said I am 'The Younger Nephew' and as ultron pointed out this refers to Timmy and Tommy. There is also an older nephew in play here but who that is is unknown to me. I would guess they have a slightly modified role to mine. Timmy and Tommy are shopkeepers, and so they have access to pitfall seeds which I can plant around a house each night as a way to protect it from anyone going IN. As it was specified that mine stop people getting IN, I reckon the older nephew has seeds that stop anyone from going OUT.

Kalor

This development with Hobo is interesting and the idea of the HHA being comprised of a family would match with the theme. I'm going to wait and see if Hobo posts before I cast a vote. I want to at least see them explain their role.

Kalor

Of course they post exactly when I do. That role description seems believeable and I can see how it could work as a town or HHA role.

Who have you targetted so far and does the person get notified? The older brother could of targetted Toma n1 and thats why they didn't detect Tucahs death.

Haly

image.php

What a daring role claim, give this man an applause.

The question becomes, who have you planted so far?

So lets live in the world where hobohodo is confirmed mafia for a while and suggest that what happened yesterday was his mafia teammates deflecting away from him. It was my initial gut read of that voting distribution and it seems highly likely at this point, so I'm curious who everyone thinks Hobohodo's accomplices were that got him off (giggity).
Leaning strongly towards RNH.

Then Ouro,Darryl, one of the roomies possibly

Ouro, just from his voting pattern, Darryl, due to a possible scenario I posted about earlier. What I said for RNH stands for Fran. If Fran does end up being town, then maybe Ultron.

Of course they post exactly when I do. That role description seems believeable and I can see how it could work as a town or HHA role.

Who have you targetted so far and does the person get notified? The older brother could of targetted Toma n1 and thats why they didn't detect Tucahs death.
His unwillingness to defend himself ystrday or earlier before Fran named it has me leaning towards HHA.

Just didn't like your reason for not voting Hobo, that's it. Could be nothing, could be a slip. If Hobo does end up being HHA, you guys couldve discussed ystrday how to go about it, that you would be one of the first votes for Hobo. Thus when Hobo turns out to be HHA you can be like you were one of the first ones to vote for him. Reaching? Maybe. Possible? Yes.

Believe me, it's nothing. I would've hung around a bit more in the insanity at the end of the last day phase if we were both HHA. As it is, I voted Salva purely on the basis of thinking someone between 2 gossips could be more useful than someone at the side with no apparent powers, and that I didn't want a tie. I then left to catch the train. There are trains every half an hour, I could've hung around for the last 10 minutes to make sure my team mate was safe.

I mean, I suppose it's kind of fair to suspect me, but there were a load of other people voting Salva and you haven't singled them out as much. Feel free to go down this path if Hobo is HHA (in which case, shit I picked the wrong hobo), but seriously, I'm a normal guy. Hell, franconp could even investigate me, but that'd be a waste of an investigation when there are people who we still don't know about.

squidyj

Ouro, just from his voting pattern, Darryl, due to a possible scenario I posted about earlier. What I said for RNH stands for Fran. If Fran does end up being town, then maybe Ultron.

His unwillingness to defend himself ystrday or earlier before Fran named it has me leaning towards HHA.

how do you see a world where hobo and fran are mafia together? what makes that world work for you?

So I should probably explain myself huh?

As francorp said I am 'The Younger Nephew' and as ultron pointed out this refers to Timmy and Tommy. There is also an older nephew in play here but who that is is unknown to me. I would guess they have a slightly modified role to mine. Timmy and Tommy are shopkeepers, and so they have access to pitfall seeds which I can plant around a house each night as a way to protect it from anyone going IN. As it was specified that mine stop people getting IN, I reckon the older nephew has seeds that stop anyone from going OUT.

...that sounds plausible.

It also sounds basically like a roleblock, which was mafia last game.

I ain't changing.

That said, mind telling us who you blocked each night?

Darryl

Banned

your argument is wrong about me, tho. and it's probably because you're using this image http://i.imgur.com/KimnDVr.jpg look at the votes, they're wrong. you're double counted. me breaking the salvapot tie isn't disputed and there was no way that i could have decided to tie break and evict hobo instead, since my vote was already for him.

Haly

...that sounds plausible.

It also sounds basically like a roleblock, which was mafia last game.

I ain't changing.

That said, mind telling us who you blocked each night?
No no, his speculation is that the Older Nephew is Role Blocker.

Hobohodo is, if I'm reading it right, actually claiming Doctor.

There are trains every half an hour, I could've hung around for the last 10 minutes to make sure my team mate was safe.
You were around 15-20 mins after the voting deadline. Were you on the train when the deadline ended?

how do you see a world where hobo and fran are mafia together? what makes that world work for you?

Think Fran's role/alignment is still in question. Even when he identified Maz as Gossip ppl said it was possible someone was already in Maz's caht may have tipped him to his role. Darryl and others still don't believe Fran's alignment, even if they believe his role. Hobo was already on the chopping block yesterday, so Fran could throw him under for townie cred. I myself am inclined to believe Fran is town cop.

No no, his speculation is that the Older Nephew is Role Blocker.

Hobohodo is, if I'm reading it right, actually claiming Doctor.

Wait

Wait shit you're right

Hmm

Hmmmmmm

That's...shit. Could it be a really well thought out fake? Could it be real, but HHA? HHA doctor seems OP as fuck.

Gaaaaah.

...for now UNVOTE: Hobohodo

I nearly jokingly voted for Ezekel but I didn't want it to be misconstrued as anything more than a joke. Though he was going in hard on Hobo. But Hobo wasn't overly active so it's kind of fair. Argh fuck I don't even know what to put in these dumb spoiler comments any more.

Haly

It's not really "a fake". Fran gets the role name, not the role power. He could be lying for all we know.

But the threat of lynching a Doctor is a very powerful defense and one commonly employed by Mafia on the ropes only because it's virtualy indistinguishable from an actual Doctor roleclaiming to protect himself.

Ourobolus

Banned
It's not really "a fake". Fran gets the role name, not the role power. He could be lying for all we know.

But the threat of lynching a Doctor is a very powerful defense and one commonly employed by Mafia on the ropes only because it's virtualy indistinguishable from an actual Doctor roleclaiming to protect himself.
Uh...I may be misremembering this, but isn't this exactly what Kark did in the last game?

your argument is wrong about me, tho. and it's probably because you're using this image http://i.imgur.com/KimnDVr.jpg look at the votes, they're wrong. you're double counted. me breaking the salvapot tie isn't disputed and there was no way that i could have decided to tie break and evict hobo instead, since my vote was already for him.

I knew that image was wrong for a while, when I did the written thing about votes. I just didn't bother to change it. Which is why in post 1636 I corrected myself and said you voted for Ouro instead of Luna. Other than my vote counting twice, which was corrected in Kark's post, my theory still could be correct. I didn't base my argument on you using the image, but your post. Without that image, my argument still makes sense:

Kitty posted

I assumed an Ezekiel vote would be a tie, my bad.

Then you posted
me too, so i went and tried to break the tie. then you may have re-tied?

Yeah, I meant fake role power

...oh shit hang on

Could the other guy be why Tom didn't get a report night 1? Would he have got a message about not being able to get an activity report?

Haly

It could be! I thought of that too, and what we really need now is for Toma to post the exact result from Karkador.

(It would be really convenient for someone to block a Light Sleeper on Day 1 though)

If Hobo has a pro town role, which is very powerful, why didn't he try to save himself yesterday? And from the descrips, the nephews are with the evilish uncle?

Darryl

Banned
I knew that image was wrong for a while, when I did the written thing about votes. I just didn't bother to change it. Which is why in post 1636 I corrected myself and said you voted for Ouro instead of Luna. Other than my vote counting twice, which was corrected in Kark's post, my theory still could be correct. I didn't base my argument on you using the image, but your post. Without that image, my argument still makes sense:

Kitty posted

Then you posted

no the comment that i made about kingkitty re-tieing was for the second vote he made at 2:01pm est (immediately after my tiebreaker). since i took one off hobo and he put one back on. that's why it was up to kark to determine what counted. lol

squidyj

That's a hell of a claim I still think lynching hobo is one of our best options though. His play throughout the game and how things shook out yesterday lead me to believe that he is lying to save his life.

Allow me to make a claim, within the group of darryl, ouro, and hobo, there is at least one mafia (and I think not more than 2). Is there anyone who disagrees with this claim?

Hobohodo

For those asking whose house I planted seeds at on what nights:

Night 1: Mazre. Early on he kind of took charge with making sure that we didn't No Evict to early in the day and actually got some discussion going. I felt the Mafia would see him as a player a lot of us may follow and so planted the seeds at his house.

Night 2: Roomies. First night I was banking on the Mafia expecting to run in to issues with the roomies and so leaving them alone, but felt they could have been a target on night 2. At this point I felt it was to early to risk anything with them as we still didn't have all the details.

Night 3: Roomies. Francorp had come out as an investigator so it seemed the logical choice.

Night 4: Myself. Looking back now this seems kinda selfish of me but after having just got through the day phase by a hair I wanted to guarantee I made it through the night.

Also the players who I target with my seeds are not notified.

Darryl

Banned
That's a hell of a claim I still think lynching hobo is one of our best options though. His play throughout the game and how things shook out yesterday lead me to believe that he is lying to save his life.

Allow me to make a claim, within the group of darryl, ouro, and hobo, there is at least one mafia (and I think not more than 2). Is there anyone who disagrees with this claim?

you're hot out the fucking gate sherlock

Haly

Man, Darryl is like Freakzilla 2: Electric Boogaloo now.

Chill man! We're all happy animal villagers here, not Rebel scum.

squidyj

For those asking whose house I planted seeds at on what nights:

Night 1: Mazre. Early on he kind of took charge with making sure that we didn't No Evict to early in the day and actually got some discussion going. I felt the Mafia would see him as a player a lot of us may follow and so planted the seeds at his house.

Night 2: Roomies. First night I was banking on the Mafia expecting to run in to issues with the roomies and so leaving them alone, but felt they could have been a target on night 2. At this point I felt it was to early to risk anything with them as we still didn't have all the details.

Night 3: Roomies. Francorp had come out as an investigator so it seemed the logical choice.

Night 4: Myself. Looking back now this seems kinda selfish of me but after having just got through the day phase by a hair I wanted to guarantee I made it through the night.

Also the players who I target with my seeds are not notified.

so basically you're saying that mafia targeted the roomies n3 and you saved them explaining the lack of night kill.... if someone has contradictory info then spilling it would mean an easy lynch.

Haly

Well that's certainly convenient. No way to verify your role.

I'm sticking with my vote at this point.

Yeah this is the big thing. It fits so well into what we know that there is literally no way to poke holes in this. He even threw in the "well I protected Mazre on day 1 and as we all know Kalor noticed activity that night".

I'm not ready to vote him out just yet but this doesn't not allay my suspicions at all. Quite the opposite.

Darryl

Banned
Man, Darryl is like Freakzilla 2: Electric Boogaloo now.

Chill man! We're all happy animal villagers here, not Rebel scum.

i was trying to fill salva and mcqq's shoes with vapid accusations and discussion. i don't have a problem with the existence of a doctor type role, since obviously the HHA failed an eviction. we know that much. my hunch was that on that night, kingkitty was the target (i even said so in my gossip chat). he really made himself look like he had a powerful role - like a doctor. so, i think kingkitty should clarify whether or not he was a commuter specifically.

It could be! I thought of that too, and what we really need now is for Toma to post the exact result from Karkador.

(It would be really convenient for someone to block a Light Sleeper on Day 1 though)

But Kark had emphasised the neighbours thing from the off. Which would make it a 1/3 chance of them picking the right one if they decided to go with picking a neighbour of Tucah.

It's half midnight my discussion may become a bit less logical at this point. Just a heads up

Top Bottom