• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mafia |OT| - Making Animal Friends Is Awesome!

no the comment that i made about kingkitty re-tieing was for the second vote he made at 2:01pm est (immediately after my tiebreaker). since i took one off hobo and he put one back on. that's why it was up to kark to determine what counted. lol
Welp, ignoring that part of my post, some of my theory could still be possible :p.

Night 4: Myself. Looking back now this seems kinda selfish of me but after having just got through the day phase by a hair I wanted to guarantee I made it through the night.

Also the players who I target with my seeds are not notified.

N4- That doesn't make sense tbh. Mafia wouldn't bother trying to kill you if they realized you were close to gettin town lynched neway.

so basically you're saying that mafia targeted the roomies n3 and you saved them explaining the lack of night kill.... if someone has contradictory info then spilling it would mean an easy lynch.
I think King is commuter on odd nights and mafia targeted him, which is why there was no kill.

Hobo, why didn't you say anything until Fran called you out? You were just willing to die ystrday and today.

I think King is commuter on odd nights and mafia targeted him, which is why there was no kill.

Hobo, why didn't you say anything until Fran called you out? You were just willing to die ystrday and today.

Would they risk targeting King on an odd night? The idea of him being an odd commuter had already been brought up, I would've thought they'd leave him alone until an even night.

And my guess
more of a brag
is that because of how famous I am in the other thread for my last minute role claim, he didn't want to claim under suspicious circumstances.

Genuinely love how I've become synonymous with "Shit I'm gonna die, better make up a role!" It amuses me.

squidyj

i could say hobo, haly, and you for all it matters. i actually find your position suspicious as-is, which is why i tried to evict your spot

so between hobo and ouro you don't think there's a mafia? What I want is either a consensus or a legitimate contrary opinion, if you've got one lets hear it and stop deflecting.

Welp, ignoring that part of my post, some of my theory could still be possible :p.

N4- That doesn't make sense tbh. Mafia wouldn't bother trying to kill you if they realized you were close to gettin town lynched neway.

That might be the case with King but i'm not going to give it that much credence unless king steps up and actually counterclaims hobo.

squidyj

In fact if king is odd night commuter he needs to step up and say it, if mafia tried to hit him the already know whats up, leaving only us townies guessing.

Darryl

Banned
so between hobo and ouro you don't think there's a mafia? What I want is either a consensus or a legitimate contrary opinion, if you've got one lets hear it and stop deflecting.

why don't you just pick a guy and push for an eviction instead of trying to set a narrative. like the moment we axe hobo, now we have ouro to fall back on. same song & dance. it's been like this the entire game. it's always the same.

i picked ezekel on the prior page. i didn't pick "oh, hobo and eze must be HHA guys! i mean obviously it must be one or the other, explain or gtfo" you didn't even give an argument for ouro and there's been like a thousand posts in this thread. how on earth you have nothing to go on? are you being hand-fed? especially since most of ouros suspicious behavior was a long time ago, personally i think if you picked him than you must have read the entire thread.

Hobohodo

Honestly, the timing just didn't work out. The voting between me and Salva didn't kick in till the final 24 hours, and it was pretty late into those hours at that. In the final hours leading up to the deadline I was teaching Martial Arts classes and so was unable to check in on the thread. The time before that was spent preping stuff with the other instructors. If I role claimed then I would have essentially role claimed and never posted again. That seemed a bad move. I didn't follow the last Mafia game but after reading RNH post I'm particularly glad that I didn't if it would be seen as 'pulling a RNH.'

I don't think it's fair to say I was willing to die today, I had only amassed two votes at that point I think? There was plenty of time so I wanted to see how things were going to pan out before doing anything. Francorp forced my hand however.

It's 1:15AM here so I really should head off!

Understandable I guess. Still not sold on Hobo being town aligned though. He didn't even mention being town aligned in role descript.

Mazre

Hobohodo is most likely lying about his ability. He claims to have used it on himself night 4, this should have prevented franconp from investigating him.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
96206d1411752657-phoenix-wright-mafia-endgame-mafia-victory-12-10-14-a-main-image.jpg

Karkador

Banned
Clock bells chime in the distance

YLdSh4l.png

Current Votes for this Round (10 needed to reach majority)
(a strike means the player voted for, then unvoted, the player)

Hobohodo (3)
Ourobolus
RobotNinjaHornets
nin1000
Razmos

Ourobolus (1)
squidyj

EzekelRAGE (1)
Darryl

Darryl (1)
EzekelRAGE

Time Left Until Day 5 Ends
t1434051900z1.png

Hobohodo

What kind of investigator needs to enter a house to investigate?
One without binoculars and a phone tap, that's who.

Now an eviction? That requires getting up in someone's face.

squidyj

why don't you just pick a guy and push for an eviction instead of trying to set a narrative. like the moment we axe hobo, now we have ouro to fall back on. same song & dance. it's been like this the entire game. it's always the same.

i picked ezekel on the prior page. i didn't pick "oh, hobo and eze must be HHA guys! i mean obviously it must be one or the other, explain or gtfo" you didn't even give an argument for ouro and there's been like a thousand posts in this thread. how on earth you have nothing to go on? are you being hand-fed? especially since most of ouros suspicious behavior was a long time ago, personally i think if you picked him than you must have read the entire thread.

hmmm..... I'm actually not sure how to read this interaction, part of me wants to say you're confused town, and another wants to say you're doing your damndest to derail and deflect as mafia.

RetroMG

Wow. I leave for a couple hours and the world goes crazy.

I don't know what to make of Hobo's claim. It has just enough of a seed of truth to be believable, but I'm not sure that I buy it. I don't think I've played the AC game with the nephews, but I think that they would be an easier fit for a Mafia Role, (Tom Nook is often compared to a mob boss,) than to merry pranksters who go around planting Pitfall seeds.

But then again, it's Kark's decision, not mine. His logic is his logic, and it could play out that way.

My gut tells me that Hobo is spinning a tale, but I'm not 100% convinced. I'm going to watch this discussion a little more before I commit to a vote.

RetroMG

Also, Mazre's point is pretty damning. In regular Mafia, does the Doctor protect against all actions, or just assassination. (I'm familliar with the game, and I've played One Night Ultimate Werewolf recently, but it's been years since I've actually played Mafia.)

RetroMG

Also, Mazre's point is pretty damning. In regular Mafia, does the Doctor protect against all actions, or just assassination. (I'm familliar with the game, and I've played One Night Ultimate Werewolf recently, but it's been years since I've actually played Mafia.)

The above is actually a question, as in "In regular Mafia, does the Doctor protect against all actions, or just assassination?"

I'll stop posting now. Damn this inability to edit.

Haly

No, it doesn't. The Doctor specifically protects against kills. It was a mistake for me to call what Hobohodo claimed as "Doctor" because it is much more flexible than that, and can be used offensively as well as defensively. The proper name is "Rolestopper", which is a real role and valuable to have on the Village/Town's side. Some versions of the Rolestopper don't allow it to block kills because then it would become strictly better than Doctor, but I don't think that was Hobohodo's intention at all. He clearly wanted to "threaten" the Doctor portion of it to make sure he stays alive.

It could be! I thought of that too, and what we really need now is for Toma to post the exact result from Karkador.

(It would be really convenient for someone to block a Light Sleeper on Day 1 though)

Sorry catching up and don't know if it's still required, but my message from Karkador has been the same each night - just saying there was no activity in my area tonight

Haly

Sorry catching up and don't know if it's still required, but my message from Karkador has been the same each night - just saying there was no activity in my area tonight

Yeah it's okay you're in the clear. Hobohodo flew too close to the sun with his desperate claiming.

Darryl

Banned
hmmm..... I'm actually not sure how to read this interaction, part of me wants to say you're confused town, and another wants to say you're doing your damndest to derail and deflect as mafia.

You could at least respect our prior time and commitment enough to offer minor explanations for your actions. God forbid. At least Ezekel and Retro tried.

Hobohodo

Haly please don't call me role claim deperate. That makes it sound like I'm flailing my arms around like one of those Star Wars players! We are civilised here in DeviligieAss

Kalor

Well, the contradiction between Hobos action and Franconps action certainly paints Hobo in a bad light. I'm comfortable with voting for them today. If they do turn out to be HHA, it might be interesting to look at who voted for SalvaPot as I bet there is at least one other HHA in there that wanted to protect HoboHodo from being lynched.

Vote: Hobohodo

Razmos

Haly please don't call me role claim deperate. That makes it sound like I'm flailing my arms around like one of those Star Wars players! We are civilised here in DeviligieAss
He doesn't even know the name of the town! he's not one of us!

*raises pitchforks*
tumblr_inline_mumz42nSph1qgg27v.gif

I'm going to post properly in a bit, but something has struck me as...off with what's going on here.

Not voting for Hobo yet, as he's up to 8/10 and I don't want to be on the edge of forcing the end of the day.

ultron87

Yeah, don't believe the role description at all, especially with the contradiction pointed out.

Vote: Hobohodo

Does feel a little odd though. This could be Franconp bussing a fellow HHA who was already on the outs to gain legitimacy and trust.

Top Bottom