• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mafia |OT| - Making Animal Friends Is Awesome!

Darryl

Banned
Yea I had beef with McQuack. His logic towards the end was a leap of mental gymnastics that only the lazy or HHA would help push.

Why the hell did we let him push his "list" on us, when the scenario for that list to make sense required both the roomies to be town when they're hot button HHA candidates? Did people literally not read his train of thought going into that? Now he was at least partially wrong and he's gone. His logic was blatantly flawed from the start. If anyone doesn't see how he was wrong, I'll gladly explain it yet again.

And now we have to ask ourselves if McLaunch was onto something or if this is just another red herring eviction.

Ourobolus

Banned
Busy busy Sunday.

Damn, I know I was suspicious of LMQ, but it sucks not having one of the more active posters in this thread. I still feel terrible about Salva, too.

Hobo has shot to the top of my list, and I'm pretty sure I'll vote for him today unless something ridiculous comes up. RNH is up there as well, especially considering his rather strange defense of Hobo's role.

Welcome, squidyj and RetroGamer!

I don't have too much information, but I'll repost my voting here since it's quite a few pages back at this point:

I spent most of the first two days just trying to get a feel for the rest of the playing field. But, I'll provide some insight into my actions:

Day 1: Well, I know that I was a random choice, but I don't think anyone can blame me for going on the defensive that day.
Day 2: I stated several times that I didn't think HH was HHA. I did initially bandwagon, yes, because I didn't want a repeat of "No Evict" like the first day. I was interested to hear your thoughts because I was happy to see that someone else thought otherwise, and I thus unvoted. That said, I didn't really have any other specific people in mind to evict, but I knew we couldn't really end on "No Evict" again.
Day 3: I led the vote against Freak that day. I wasn't convinced that nin1000 was HHA, and while I wasn't entirely convinced about Freak, he was acting very strangely. I'll be the first to admit that I screwed the pooch on that one.

As for Salva, I literally flipped a coin. I could have gone either way on this last vote, but I wanted to just pick one and didn't want to end up being one of those guys flip-flopping like mad at the end of the day. Hobo, to me, was just as suspicious of Salva, and still is, considering he is still around.

So, this may change if something comes up, but for now I'll just leave this here.

Vote: Hobohodo

nin1000

Banned
And now we have to ask ourselves if McLaunch was onto something or if this is just another red herring eviction.

I doubt he was into something so we will have to let him go that way. He put too much thought into small things that most of the time if not all the time meant nothing.

RetroMG

----------------------

RetroGamer - [Gossip] - 50% Village
Completely unknown.

----------------------

Meh, 50% is fair, since you don't know anything about me, and since one of the two Gossips is likely to be HHA. (Didn't say definitely, said likely.)

That being said, I am town aligned, which of course you all will believe, because you have every possible reason to trust me, right? No?

Well, as an added thought, I replaced an idle player, and what are the odds that an HHA Player is going to just drop out like that? It's possible, I'll grant you, but it sure ain't likely.

Anyway, I know I'm not really under suspicion, but I saw that and wanted to say where I stand. I'm still going through the thread, but it's slow going, thanks to a busy Sunday and the A/C in my house going out last night. I have some suspicions but I want to get my feet beneath me a little more before I actually start pointing fingers.

Darryl

Banned
Here are people not on my list:
NIN (90% Vil)
Mazre (90% Vil)
Razmos / Timeaisis (90% Vil)

Here are people on it:
Ultron/Franconp (90% HHA)
Tomas
Retrogamer
RNH
Ezekel
Haly
Ouruborus
Kingkitty
Kalor
Hobohodo

What's wrong with my reasoning for not voting Hobo? There seems to be quite a bandwagon forming over what amounts to me giving a legitimate reason to pick one of the two people everyone was going with anyway. If people can't see how having someone between two gossips could potentially be at least a bit more useful that someone tucked away in a deadzone, then...sure. Fine. I wasn't that committed to either of them anyway.

VOTE: Hobohodo if it'll make everyone stop focusing on what's a pretty weak link.

Meanwhile, no-one (as of when I started writing this post) has called out nin pushing the vote back to a tie with 10 minutes left.

Ourobolus

Banned
Meanwhile, no-one (as of when I started writing this post) has called out nin pushing the vote back to a tie with 10 minutes left.

TBH I'm wary of all of the people that went back and forth at the last second - nin1000, kingkitty, EzekelRAGE, and Darryl (though I think Darryl was at least ensuring that there wasn't a tie with his final vote).

Yea I had beef with McQuack. His logic towards the end was a leap of mental gymnastics that only the lazy or HHA would help push.

Why the hell did we let him push his "list" on us, when the scenario for that list to make sense required both the roomies to be town when they're hot button HHA candidates? Did people literally not read his train of thought going into that? Now he was at least partially wrong and he's gone. His logic was blatantly flawed from the start. If anyone doesn't see how he was wrong, I'll gladly explain it yet again.

1g3Q0dz.jpg

nin1000

Banned

Why the fuck should I have not voted for hobo.
I would rather have had a tie than letting salvapot die. Since the bandwagon that launch started was dumb from the get go.

nin1000

Banned
TBH I'm wary of all of the people that went back and forth at the last second - nin1000, kingkitty, EzekelRAGE, and Darryl (though I think Darryl was at least ensuring that there wasn't a tie with his final vote).
Was not really back and froth, since I voted for foshy as he was being inactive and then going for hobo.

I changed at the last minute yes, wasn't "back and forth" though. I gave a decentish reason for changing my vote as well.

Timeaisis

NIN (90% Vil)
Mazre (90% Vil)

Here are people on it:
Tomas
Retrogamer
RNH
Ezekel
Haly
Ouruborus
Kingkitty
Kalor
Hobohodo

I'm really curious as to your reasoning here. Franconp came out as a cop (or investigator, or whatever) and seemingly confirmed that I am villager. Why do you use that as confirmation I'm town but that he's not?

Just curious.

Kalor

NIN (90% Vil)
Mazre (90% Vil)

Here are people on it:
Tomas
Retrogamer
RNH
Ezekel
Haly
Ouruborus
Kingkitty
Kalor
Hobohodo

I'm curious, why do you suspect me? I don't mind much that you do since suspicion is always helpful but you're the first person to mention suspecting me recently.

One point that I thought of. Haly mentioned a possible stealth killer being a counter to the Light Sleepers. If we did have one then we could assume that there is a HHA or neutral player in mine or Tomas areas.

ultron87

I'm really curious as to your reasoning here. Franconp came out as a cop (or investigator, or whatever) and seemingly confirmed that I am villager. Why do you use that as confirmation I'm town but that he's not?

Just curious.

There's nothing to really suggest that he's town aligned. Role Cop makes a ton of sense as a Mafia role too.

Darryl

Banned

Just curious.

Just the same reasoning that I'm using for Razmos, behavior in the gossip related. I don't trust Razmos just because he is a gossip. That's why I don't trust Foshy's rep. I also tried to vote out who I thought was another gossip in the last turn before McLaunchGate.

I don't trust anything Fran said. Period. Or Ultron. I never did. That's my argument I made against McLaunch above. He made too many assumptions based on that trust and I think it took us in a weird direction.

Darryl

Banned
I'm curious, why do you suspect me? I don't mind much that you do since suspicion is always helpful but you're the first person to mention suspecting me recently.

One point that I thought of. Haly mentioned a possible stealth killer being a counter to the Light Sleepers. If we did have one then we could assume that there is a HHA or neutral player in mine or Tomas areas.

There is no reason to not suspect you. In fact, Light Sleeper could be a role completely made up. Toma certainly used it as a last minute defense when he was in the hot seat in the last day.

Darryl

Banned
My argument against the roomies has been as simple as

1. It is statistically more likely.
2. Design-wise, it is more likely.
3. Voting pattern wise, it is more likely.

If they should have been gone, they would have by now. They're not.

I mean, it could be, sure. I'd point at two posts, one which RNH mentions (there's also a similar one on the second day) where I said about not hearing anything and also I posted about people having a larger range than the Gossips had said.

Also, last minute with a whole day to spare?

I feel like my role can be taken advantage of by HHA once known, so I'm maybe not that useful from a role point of view going forward if you really want to get rid of me.

All the role names thus far have been unclear in terms of side, so sure I could be a HHA Light Sleeper, so could Kalor.

Darryl

Banned
So his post after night 1 about not hearing anything was an insane coincidence?

I don't even know who you're talking about. It sounds vague and easy to corroborate. Only 2 players needed to throw off an entire game. Where would a Light Sleeper be on the bottom right of the map? Would there be one? Why were there two in those areas?

The thing is I have no idea. It doesn't make sense to me. So I'm imagining a game where they never said it and I'm working from there.

RetroMG

Is it weird that we have three town gossips? I mean, it kind of makes sense as a way to faction off the town, but at the same time, I would assume one of us is HHA.

I'm obviously not, for the reason that I stated earlier. The fact that Daryl finds me suspicious is actually kind of comforting, because I think he's assuming that I'm HHA because he's not. Not sure what I think about our third Gossip. Still working everything out.

Just thinking out loud.

Kalor

Is it weird that we have three town gossips? I mean, it kind of makes sense as a way to faction off the town, but at the same time, I would assume one of us is HHA.

I'm obviously not, for the reason that I stated earlier. The fact that Daryl finds me suspicious is actually kind of comforting, because I think he's assuming that I'm HHA because he's not. Not sure what I think about our third Gossip. Still working everything out.

Just thinking out loud.

I do find it strange that we have three town gossips. Seems like a odd number of them to have as it would mean that a large focus of the game would be on these gossips. I think all of them have had at least one person say that they were in a chat with a town gossip. The only blind spot with the town gossips is RetroGamer, but that should be fixed in time.

Have any of the town gossips said who they were in a chat with last night?

squidyj

Just thinking out loud.

I'm not sure it's so weird to have 3 town gossips when each gossip individually has such a limited range of targets. If we imagine another game setup where this gossip role could choose to talk to anyone at night it would be weird to have 3. Since we have this range limitation however, it allows for more players to be something other than vanilla town.

Anyways here's my vote. I feel like this guy is practically guaranteed mafia
Vote: Ourobolus

I'd like to point out that we only have Foshy's/Retro's gossip role semi confirmed. He has only invited Ouro to the chat. If Ouro and Fos/Ret were HHA, they couldve made up the role. That's assuming two HHA would be neighbors. We would at least have confirmation that he was a gossip if he invited Nin at some point.

RetroMG

I'd like to point out that we only have Foshy's/Retro's gossip role semi confirmed. He has only invited Ouro to the chat. If Ouro and Fos/Ret were HHA, they couldve made up the role. That's assuming two HHA would be neighbors. We would at least have confirmation that he was a gossip if he invited Nin at some point.

I'm assuming that is because Foshy went MIA. They were discussing who to invite next, and I will be sending an invite today. (I'm not certain who to, though. I have concerns.)

RetroMG

Before anyone points it out, I just re-read my role and realized that I cannot invite Ezekial (diagonally adjacent) to the party. I guess that makes the choice simpler.

Darryl

Banned
Vote:EzekelRage

Bandwagoned LMQs shitty argument (even deflected me when I pushed back on it???)
Flip-flopped voter. Can't explain his flip really as not a lot happened between his votes. Could be panic that he didn't wanna be in the Salva evict headhunt. I have no forgiveness for the reps, either.

Bandwagoned LMQs shitty argument (even deflected me when I pushed back on it???)
Flip-flopped voter. Can't explain his flip really as not a lot happened between his votes. Could be panic that he didn't wanna be in the Salva evict headhunt. I have no forgiveness for the reps, either.

The only thing I said about LMQ's argument was it was logical to remove roomies from the list since if we believe Fran, it wasn't worth losing the investigator to get the possible HHA. I never said the roomies didn't have a HHA member. I did state plainly why I switched off of Salva at the last minute. Idk what the bold means.

Vote:Darryl
His switching off Hobo could be seen as not wanting a tie. That could be because he is town and didn't want a tie. It could also be because he is HHA and a tie is a waste when they can get a town evicted. If he didn't want a tie he couldve switched his vote to Salva and not risk another last minute vote change, but he went with Lunatic. Latched his vote to Lunatic and Day 3, probably to not be in the vote count for a townie. Didn't like the whole post count/time/voting thing being used as a reason to look at ppl suspicously. Went hard against LMQ for his theory. With the exception of the Hippie vote, his voting seems to be anti bandwagony, with it landing on some random member.

He didn't vote on Luna, but Ouro. But it still holds, if he was so dead set against a tie, he couldve went Salva and moved him 2 votes ahead of hobo. Also the thing about me not wanting to be in the pool for salva eviction makes no sense with Kark making a note of who voted for who and unvotes.

Timeaisis

There's nothing to really suggest that he's town aligned. Role Cop makes a ton of sense as a Mafia role too.

True, but Darryl says he leans towards franconp being mafia.

Just the same reasoning that I'm using for Razmos, behavior in the gossip related. I don't trust Razmos just because he is a gossip. That's why I don't trust Foshy's rep. I also tried to vote out who I thought was another gossip in the last turn before McLaunchGate.

I don't trust anything Fran said. Period. Or Ultron. I never did. That's my argument I made against McLaunch above. He made too many assumptions based on that trust and I think it took us in a weird direction.

Fair enough. For the record I do think franconp is suspect, but don't have any solid reasoning why other than he rubs me the wrong way.

franconp

I'm sorry that I didn't post earlier but I didn't couldn't connect to internet yesterday and today was a very busy day at work.

I decided to investigate Hobohodo and got a weird role.

Hobohodo is "the Younger Nephew". I don't have a clue what it means or what his aligment could be.

I'm sorry that I didn't post earlier but I didn't couldn't connect to internet yesterday and today was a very busy day at work.

Hobohodo is "the Younger Nephew". I don't have a clue what it means or what his aligment could be.

Leaning towards that being HHA member. He didn't mention anything when he was close to being detained yesterday. So that means, he is HHA that accepted his fate. Could end up being town somehow and just didn't care to get detained.

kingkitty

EzekelRAGE's vote confused me, because I didn't realize he actually voted for Salvapot earlier. So I voted for Salvapot to stop what I assumed was a tie.

Then I realized that maybe what I did may have caused the tie instead, so I tried to do another switch to Hobodobo. Unfortunately, it was late by at least 60 seconds. Luckily Daryll-chan unvoted in time, which stopped the tie. However, if I did vote in time, it would have just caused another tie by accident.

If I was mafia trying to save Hobodobo...this would be such a stupidly suspicious way to go about it. Like a "I don't know what I'm doing" kind of mafia move. Also as mafia, how would I know what Daryll would do at the last second? If Daryll didn't unvote, and my vote wasn't late, then I'd end up evicting Hobodobo. But I suppose you could argue that I somehow timed my vote exactly to make it not count no matter what.

I guess you could say that both Darryl and I are mafia, and we somehow came up this kooky plan, but this would be a dumb, suspicious plan. Like no fucks given suspicious.

My argument against the roomies has been as simple as

1. It is statistically more likely.
2. Design-wise, it is more likely.
3. Voting pattern wise, it is more likely.

If they should have been gone, they would have by now. They're not.

The statistics argument might be more persuasive if Karkador laid down the roles randomly without any design in mind. I don't discount the other two arguments.

Note that I was the one who continued to ask franconp to investigate Hobodobo. Although franconp could also be mafia and 1) threw his mafia pal under the bus or 2) is trying to hurt an innocent by making false claims...but that would backfire pretty quickly.

"Younger Newphew" sounds pretty suspicious. Could this be mafia? Curious to see Hobodobo defend himself.

Darryl

Banned
He didn't vote on Luna, but Ouro. But it still holds, if he was so dead set against a tie, he couldve went Salva and moved him 2 votes ahead of hobo. Also the thing about me not wanting to be in the pool for salva eviction makes no sense with Kark making a note of who voted for who and unvotes.

If anyone is curious, I switched out the vote to Ouru because he is the first name that came to mind. I was posting up until the clock. Like at 1:59 EST I submitted a post and GAF has 60 second repost times. I noticed the tie then ran to the Reply menu and scrambled to type in the first name I could think up. Was about to vote for myself because I couldnt remember anyone's name.

I very obviously killed SalvaPot myself. It's hardly vote swap fuckery.

Darryl

Banned
Maybe if he's a villager we could get someone to come out as the older brother? Is that dangerous? I don't know what younger brother would mean outside of the animal crossing character connection. I mean there's obviously some one off roles in town, seeing as how we had the Mayor.

Top Bottom