• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labrys

Thank you. Gives me a new video person to watch. Makoto is my very close second as well. Next Life is my jam though, so. Hibiki wins.

Glad I could show you! This is the Game Grumps as well, so after you watch all his stuff you have more of him. Arin (Egoraptor) is also quite funny, they're a good duo.

Next Life's good, I like it, I'm just not terribly enthused by Hibikin. Futari no Kioku is where it's at for me, though.

so is the preferred strategy for multiplayer shenanigans to just add everyone from that gaf friend list to my 3DS friend list and then just open my gates?

darklin0

Banned
so is the preferred strategy for multiplayer shenanigans to just add everyone from that gaf friend list to my 3DS friend list and then just open my gates?

The max amount of friends you can have is 100 so its better to be picky. I mostly add people who I see posting in here a lot.

26 pages already?! Jesus Christ you guys, it hasn't even been 24 hours since the OT went up! And the game isn't out for another week! Wtf. AC has a momentum I wouldn't ever have imagined. I'm finding it hard to keep up, honestly.

Still hoping for bananas for my town :) And still trying to decide what my town name will be :\ It's harder than I thought it'd be...

Labrys

26 pages already?! Jesus Christ you guys, it hasn't even been 24 hours since the OT went up! And the game isn't out for another week! Wtf. AC has a momentum I wouldn't ever have imagined. I'm finding it hard to keep up, honestly.

Still hoping for bananas for my town :) And still trying to decide what my town name will be :\ It's harder than I thought it'd be...

Bananas aren't actually a native fruit, they're island fruit. You can plant them in your town, though.

animal crossing has single-handedly brought me back from my gaf hiatus. so now i'm posting in this thread.

gonna add myself to that list as soon as i figure out what to name my town...

Whats the general consensus here between the physical & digital versions? This will be my first AC game so I have no clue if I'll be playing non stop or in short bursts.

Stoze

Game Grumps is pretty god damn terrible

sorry guys

Yeah I agree. Although I think Egoraptor and JonTron are talented guys, their talent shows when they make well thought out and produced videos, not live blah-blah commentary.

That being said I do like watching animated highlights of Game Grumps and think they're pretty funny sometimes, but I can't stand watching a whole 10 minute video of them blabbering.

Acid08

Banned
Whats the general consensus here between the physical & digital versions? This will be my first AC game so I have no clue if I'll be playing non stop or in short bursts.
It really is a perfect digital game. Sounds like it takes up a decent amount of space though.

What I want to know is: if later I decide to upgrade to a bigger card, how does the transfer of saves work?

Stoof

Ugh, can't decide whether I like 11 PM or 1 AM more. I don't remember Animal Crossing music being this fantastic, wish I could find my Wild World and see if my memory is just failing me. :(

It really is a perfect digital game. Sounds like it takes up a decent amount of space though.

What I want to know is: if later I decide to upgrade to a bigger card, how does the transfer of saves work?
When I upgraded to a 32 GB card I just copied all of the files onto my computer and then copied them onto the new card.

BooJoh

I think this game will have a pretty high digital adoption rate compared to other games just because of its pick up and play nature. You can spend just a few minutes playing or several hours. I know I'll be playing it for years to come so I want it always on my system, so digital for me.

darklin0

Banned

Depends on preference really. I chose digital because Monster Hunter will be in the cartridge slot forever. So it really depends if you want the box or not.

Ugh, can't decide whether I like 11 PM or 1 AM more. I don't remember Animal Crossing music being this fantastic, wish I could find my Wild World and see if my memory is just failing me. :(

I loved 11 pm, currently on 12. Can't wait to see what 1 am now.

Acid08

Banned

When I upgraded to a 32 GB card I just copied all of the files onto my computer and then copied them onto the new card.
Ah ok that's easy enough.

Labrys

Am I a monkey with a wrench to be feared?

Nah, you're just Porter, sitting at a desk having to dictate all your text because you can't type on a keyboard. Username is usually if they don't have an avatar, which is uncommon.
And part of the reason I see that is that I'm horrible with names, but great with faces. I dunno why.

RaidenZR

I have to plan a birthday party for my friend, so I think it'll go by fast enough.

I really like your avatar, by the way!

I have a similar problem, I see everyone as their avatar/username.

Haha, thanks!

Lé Blade Runner;60912089 said:
I agree. As a positive note, I have only three days of work and then my summer vacation begins. Still... A long week.

It's worse when you see this thread being bumped every few minutes. I woke up today and thought TODAY was THE DAY! =[

I think this game will have a pretty high digital adoption rate compared to other games just because of its pick up and play nature. You can spend just a few minutes playing or several hours. I know I'll be playing it for years to come so I want it always on my system, so digital for me.

Depends on preference really. I chose digital because Monster Hunter will be in the cartridge slot forever. So it really depends if you want the box or not.

I loved 11 pm, currently on 12. Can't wait to see what 1 am now.

Thanks guys. That was easy. Guess I'll be picking up digital!

Yep, I'm buying this game at midnight on the 9th. Actually, it will release at 11pm on June 8th from my time zone :D

And until then, I'll be occupied collecting all of the puzzle pieces in DK:CR 3DS.

Lucent

I respect your opinion, but I don't agree with it~

this feels nice because around 5 years ago 12 year old me would of been at your throat for disagreeing with me

I think they're funny. I think it'd be very hard for me to come up with the stuff they do as they're playing the games. The recent Stretch Panic videos made me die.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Game Grumps is pretty god damn terrible

sorry guys

I don't really have much of opinion of them because I haven't really watched many of their videos, I just like silly MADs like the one I linked.

I think I made the mistake of watching a Lets Play of aLttP and Kirby's Fun Pak (or Super Star for the Yanks) two games I know extremely well so when they were talking nonsense about them I just turned them off and never bothered to watch anything else by the Grumps.

Game Grumps = MAYBE IF WE SAY LOUD WEIRD THINGS WE'LL BE FUNNY. My brothers love it but I cannae stand it.

Wow this thread moves fast. Last I was here people were talking about when they first heard about Animal Crossing? I did in a magazine, concerning the DS version. It was written like a diary, and it sounded absolutely insane!

cluderi

Just so you know, the share option doesn't work. It messed up and I lost my rendition of "Get Lucky" I spent a bunch of time on.

Yep, I almost lost mine but the link it tries to send you to has a bunch of numbers at the end to represent the notes. I managed to recreate it from that (- sleep, 2 extend note etc all the way to ? being 16)

Labrys

Yep, I almost lost mine but the link it tries to send you to has a bunch of numbers at the end to represent the notes. I managed to recreate it from that (1 - sleep, 2 - extend note etc)

Oh, really? Awesome, I'll work it out then. It's not to complex (Lots of low B's) but I had to disect sheet music to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom