• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthony Gallegos (Daylight) laid off

If you want to tell me out right, go for it, cause I'd rather not watch 30 minutes of gameplay :p

ed

Skipped around, heard him mention something about Twitter/Twitch? Please tell me they didn't bring Twitch Plays Pokemon like stuff into a single player game.

I don't think Patrick ever figured out if that changed anything one way or the other, but, yes, that's seems to be the inspiration.

What I was talking about - and you probably missed it - is that after the first dozen or so minutes he hits a gate he cannot open. It turns out that he needs to find all of the collectibles in the level before he can proceed. I believe they're all pieces of paper containing story tidbits. Anyways, they're hidden in a variety of containers that are not visually differentiated within the level. This means that poor Patrick had to search every single container in the level to find the one or two paper macguffins that he was missing.

He ended up fast-forwarding the video through 8(?) or so minutes of his playtime so he could show off the next level.

The true horror began when the next level was revealed to be the exact same thing... You see, Daylight promises a randomized horror adventure, and all this means is that the levels are a little different each time with the macguffins randomly placed in a container within said level. And there's a handful of these macguffins with no visual indicators that I saw, it's all pure guesswork.

Just to be clear, I've never played Daylight - this is what was in that quick look solo.

Jhoan

I don't care about his comments on GAF either seeing as I don't post in big/heated Gaming threads any way. I love hearing about his online dating adventures in Seattle on The Comedy Button since I can relate. At least him and Scott Bromley can now joke about being "funemployed." I'm sure he'll talk about it on this week's episode. I wish him all the best. Hopefully he won't unemployed for a long period of time.

I don't care about his comments on GAF either seeing as I'm a fully functioning adult.

I agree with you, good sir.

How anyone can get upset about something someone said about a message board and, even worse, still be bitter about it and hold a grudge after all this time is beyond me. It's would only be understandable if you're about 8 years old, otherwise it's some real pathetic shit.

Well, he used to live with Arthur Gies...If he wants a job back in games journalism I doubt he'd have that hard of a time finding himself a place at Polygon.

mujun

How anyone can get upset about something someone said about a message board and, even worse, still be bitter about it and hold a grudge after all this time is beyond me. It's would only be understandable if you're about 8 years old, otherwise it's some real pathetic shit.

Yep, he made a sweeping generalization. They usually get people riled up but often have a grain of truth.

Agreed, I hope he lands on his feet soon. Chufmoney is a great guy. Now if there is anything he should be held accountable for it's for giving a certain someone a voice in the gaming industry.

I think in his heart he has apologized for that.

you know, i want to write a super snarky, shitty response to this, but Anthony is probably the only redeeming quality about Rebel FM and even it's only gotten worse since he skypes into the recording as opposed to being there.

i always kept thinking he was working on Dying Light and not Daylight, and I was so surprised that he'd landed a gig on such a big game. best of luck to him.

Real talk.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Related?

@Gerritzen
This is my last week at @ZombieStudios its been a great 8 years. I'll miss the Devs and all our games. I get to be a fan of Blacklight again

Well just tweeted this

@Gerritzen
News on my new position tomorrow morning, I'm pretty stoked.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Wait, Chobot worked on the script of Daylight? Lol, No wonder that the game turned out to be such shit

element

Having listened to a lot of RebelFM, he was a CM, but CM's at smaller studios do a little bit of everything. Pretty sure he learned the design and U4 scripting at Zombie. When they were crunching on Daylight, he'd often have to skip out on RebelFM so he was definitely contributing. I highly doubt you could attribute any major design decisions of Daylight to him though so I don't know where this "another chance" stuff is coming from. Maybe he'll show up and clarify specifically what he was involved in though.
Anthony was not a CM at Zombie, he was a game designer. He helped build level layout, built level logic, puzzles, node placement, worked in Blueprint/Kismet. All the typical tasks of a level designer.

Related?

@Gerritzen
This is my last week at @ZombieStudios its been a great 8 years. I'll miss the Devs and all our games. I get to be a fan of Blacklight again

Well just tweeted this

@Gerritzen
News on my new position tomorrow morning, I'm pretty stoked.
Not related.

McBryBry

For those asking about what he did at Zombie and with Daylight, I may have an answer.

I had to do some interviews for a school project, one of them being him. He said since its a small studio, there weren't really specific positions. He mentioned being a jack of all trades, some scripting, and a little writing.

So there ya go!

Edit: Also, can't believe I forgot to mention, but I hope Anthony does find more work soon. I'm a big fan of The Comedy Button and I hope it all works out.

uBOaYNc.png

Eric Jensen works for Sony Bend.

Sucks, but I think he'll be happier if he moves back to CA. IGN might take him back. It sucks when this kind of thing happens. This industry is rough.
edited
, but my heart goes out to him.

AkuMifune

Banned
Good luck Chuff. Stopped listening to Rebel FM, but miss hearing you talk about games as well.

Gotta support the orphans of 1up. :(

This sucks to hear. On the latest Comedy button he just mentioned that he felt he was successful since he was able to go out and get a job in the videogame industry, among other things.

Its a reality of the business I suppose. As much as I love to follow the videogame industry I don't think I could ever work in it.

Billen

Banned
I really like his personality on podcasts, but I haven't even tried Daylight. I really have a hard time grasping it being released close to Outlast on Psn+.

Cornbread78

Why do people get so worked up when someone insults GAF? It's not like they're coming after your loved ones. It's a discussion forum. Unless someone is directly calling you out, don't fret.

Hey, if your messin' with me, your messin' with the whole GAF family... We need to stick together yo...

It's all good, his apology sounded very sincere. We all say and write things we regrete right after, hopefully you are able to change it on here before your given the default 14-30 day ban though, lol.

Top Bottom