• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any service that ships authentic NYC tap water?

yes my dude, because, like, no new yorker has been to barcelona:

https://pix.sfly.com/w1Or9_

and OMG the Copenhagen food scene sucks so much! its not like Noma is rated the best restaurant in the world:

https://pix.sfly.com/7Kocdw

Its not like I spent so much money at Amass (how could I as a poor new yorker?) that they gave me free wine and let me watch the sunset from their backyard garden:

https://pix.sfly.com/Ri7Ycd

You seem to be under the impression that i called you poor and unable to travel while in fact i called you arrogant, it would be ridiculous for me to claim a new yorker cant travel seeing as a lot of people from new york have lots of money.

You show me mostly fine dining meals when im talking about the food scene of a place, which entails far more than michellin starred restaurants, adding to the amount of stereotypes of americans when they travel they just go do touristy stuff (hint copenhagen is much more than noma and Amass).

Coupled with your taco truck example, you are just perpetuating new yorker stereotypes all around, so good job.

yes my dude, because, like, no new yorker has been to barcelona:

https://pix.sfly.com/w1Or9_

and OMG the Copenhagen food scene sucks so much! its not like Noma is rated the best restaurant in the world:

https://pix.sfly.com/7Kocdw
I don't know why but I can't stop laughing at your picture.

enhance

Thats the kinda food you get in high class restaurants which is nothing at all like the food from the rest of the region (most of the time).

Its just embarrasing, people are actually gona believe people from denmark have that as a meal.

nitewulf

You seem to be under the impression that i called you poor and unable to travel while in fact i called you arrogant, it would be ridiculous for me to claim a new yorker cant travel seeing as a lot of people from new york have lots of money.

You show me mostly fine dining meals when im talking about the food scene of a place, which entails far more than michellin starred restaurants, adding to the amount of stereotypes of americans when they travel they just go do touristy stuff (hint copenhagen is much more than noma and Amass).

Coupled with your taco truck example, you are just perpetuating new yorker stereotypes all around, so good job.

I don't know why you're putting down the taco truck so hard? Most NYC mexicans are from Puebla, and that's the cuisine we get. It's lined with mexican construction workers all day if that makes a difference? Not saying mexicans eat tacos only either, why are you making so much assumptions, THAT is my issue.

Essentially what's your argument? NYC average food is bad? But also found that to be the case in Barcelona...most of the tapas are ubiquitous and deep fried cheesy balls. Tasty, a few times? Sure. But very bad for health. Did I find good seafood there? Yes, but I looked for it using apps. Same in Lisbon, Porto, Cartagena. But it would be asinine of me to use those examples to say those cities don't have good food.

Making blanket statements on a short visit is not a good thing dude. But I personally don't find Manhattan tourist trap restaurant food to be great, and its also expensive.

That wasn't meant to be impressive, they kept bringing me food. And I'm not making the argument that high end is authentic local cuisine either...I had everything in Copenhagen, and Amsterdam including some of the best shawarmas I ever had among other things ;). The dude keeps making assumptions.

Why not convert an oil tanker to take on qater instead of oil than you can ship large amounts of water at once. Still economically not worth it probably but still an idea.

I don't know why you're putting down the taco truck so hard? Most NYC mexicans are from Puebla, and that's the cuisine we get. It's lined with mexican construction workers all day if that makes a difference? Not saying mexicans eat tacos only either, why are you making so much assumptions, THAT is my issue.

Essentially what's your argument? NYC average food is bad? But also found that to be the case in Barcelona...most of the tapas are ubiquitous and deep fried cheesy balls. Tasty, a few times? Sure. But very bad for health. Did I find good seafood there? Yes, but I looked for it using apps. Same in Lisbon, Porto, Cartagena. But it would be asinine of me to use those examples to say those cities don't have good food.

Making blanket statements on a short visit is not a good thing dude. But I personally don't find Manhattan tourist trap restaurant food to be great, and its also expensive.

That wasn't meant to be impressive, they kept bringing me food. And I'm not making the argument that high end is authentic local cuisine either...I had everything in Copenhagen, and Amsterdam including some of the best shawarmas I ever had among other things ;). The dude keeps making assumptions.

Im not making assumptions, im working on what you are giving me only.

Also i never said the average food in NYC is bad, i explicity said the average food in NYC IS average.

At the end of the day food is a very personal thing, you got your opinions and i got mine, but im neither a new yorker or an european, in fact im peruvian, we are famous for being proud of our own food here in south america, and you will notice how i havent even mentioned my own country in this discussion.

Im very confident in my own opinion, and it mirrors my circle of friends who have traveled as well, so we will have to agree to disagree.

gfxtwin

Do you buy snake oil too, OP? How could the water used making dough make that much difference in the taste of the pizza?

SamTrips

Neo Member
I make a lot of my own bread at home and I would have to say that water is literally the last thing that makes a real difference - the flour, whether you use oil or butter, the yeast, and especially the proving times and how much you knead the dough will all make much more difference than the water you use IMO.

Top Bottom