• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S5 |OT| of Phrasing, Gurpgork, Boop! & the Danger Zone - Mondays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm a little bummed that they aren't addressing the ISIS thing head on . . . but I also understand. I hope the transition feels natural.

Savitar

Only got into the show during this past summer, once I began to watch I was hooked.

Cruised through season one to five.

Loved it.

Figured that they were going to ditch the name after everything lately.

Do got one question.

Why did they change up the last seasons premise? I enjoyed the season but it changing things up, then going back, was odd. Was it a matter of trying something different only to find out they liked the previous basis better.

BigAT

So how was Vice as a whole? I stopped at the episode where Cyril and Archer got stuck in some forest.

I thought it was the first down season of the series. Not as a result of the Vice concept (which I was really excited for), the writing in general was just noticeably worse.

zychi

Banned
I thought it was the first down season of the series. Not as a result of the Vice concept (which I was really excited for), the writing in general was just noticeably worse.

The fake trailer ruined the season for me. They didn't do any of that. I hope they do change the name from ISIS to something stupid like IZIZ just to mock what's going on.

Linius

chGmlY0.jpg

Oh Judy <3

J. Bravo

so yesterday i watched the first 2 eps of bobs burgers, not knowing that bob is voiced by archer. then last night with my friend i watched the first episode of archer season 4. i was freaking the fuck out because archer was in bobs burgers. with bobs family. and then archer referred to the health inspector showing up and i realized that happened in bobs burgers.

it was just a super weird but enjoyable experience lol.

J. Bravo

just finished season 5. that was seriously one of the best endings to a season i have ever seen for any show. i teared up a little bit. when does season 6 get here??? this is definitely my favorite show of all time.

big ander

good teaser!
just finished season 5. that was seriously one of the best endings to a season i have ever seen for any show. i teared up a little bit. when does season 6 get here??? this is definitely my favorite show of all time.

- EW: 'Archer' team reports for duty in season 6 teaser.
Having tried their hands at cocaine dealing and/or country singing in last season’s Archer Vice adventures, the Archer crew will get back to doing the thing what they do best (or, possibly, worst) when the animated FX show returns in January: spying.

so yesterday i watched the first 2 eps of bobs burgers, not knowing that bob is voiced by archer. then last night with my friend i watched the first episode of archer season 4. i was freaking the fuck out because archer was in bobs burgers. with bobs family. and then archer referred to the health inspector showing up and i realized that happened in bobs burgers.

it was just a super weird but enjoyable experience lol.

How???

As someone who has only seen Season 1, then got sidetracked by other stuff, is it worth watching the whole show or did the quality drop as it went on? I kinda liked it back then but i got so much on my plate nowadays hmm

As someone who has only seen Season 1, then got sidetracked by other stuff, is it worth watching the whole show or did the quality drop as it went on? I kinda liked it back then but i got so much on my plate nowadays hmm
I'd argue that it gets better. Keep watching if you liked S1. There were some complaints about some of the changes in S5, but overall the show has been consistently hilarious.

LaneDS

Seasons one through four are fantastic and I'd be hard pressed to rate them. Hadn't finished watching season five because I felt the writing really did drop off and judging by comments in here that is largely agreed upon.

That said, do we have any idea why there was such a noticeable drop in quality this past season? Do we expect season six to be better?

BigAT

Definitely keep going, the quality improves after the first season IMO.

big ander

Yeah seasons 2-4 are the top of the show. 1st season has some of the top episodes all time, but 2-4 are more consistently amazing I think.

even s5 isn't terrible. it's still quite good. Just a drop from the previous seasons that is eventually corrected.

LaneDS

Yeah seasons 2-4 are the top of the show. 1st season has some of the top episodes all time, but 2-4 are more consistently amazing I think.

even s5 isn't terrible. it's still quite good. Just a drop from the previous seasons that is eventually corrected.

So it picks up some towards the end? That's encouraging. They sure did love their Pam likes cocaine jokes in the first half of the season, woof.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I know I saw yet another teaser during Sons of Anarchy, something about Archer needing to be intoxicated to listen to Lana talk while she breastfeeds the baby. Something like that.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Ooh a dragon
following skyfall to hong kong/china?

- Matt Thompson interview with Gold Derby

A couple casting tidbits, some of which we already knew:
Thompson also discussed some upcoming stories for the new season, including Sterling Archer meeting Lana's parents (to be voiced by CCH Pounder and Keith David) and the introduction of Edie (Emmy-nominee Allison Tolman from "Fargo"), sister of Pamela Poovey, the head of HR at the spy agency. Joining that list of special guest stars will be Matthew Rhys ("The Americans") in a storyline involving Welsh separatists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom