• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S6 |OT| of Phrasing, The Old Gypsy Woman & the Danger Zone - Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I loved it for Matthew with his original Welsh accent. The problesm the Welsh have had with the English is far less known than the Irish for example. Nice title casrd at the end giving him credit for the idea behind this story.

And him transforming into an American because of the wig and a pair of glasses is aces.

Savitar

dfb6.JPG

Well I'll be damned.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
George and Lennie, hah. Perfect.

This episode was the second time on FX that I've seen an ad for Northrop Grumman. The first was during the episode of The Americans that most heavily involved Northrup as a place the KGB was trying to infiltrate. Are they just following Matthew Rhys around now?

So, would watching "The Americans" have added to this episode at all? It was good, but it seems like I'm missing something here about it? I know one of the Welsh Terrorists is played by one of the characters, but other than that, I didn't see too much. Or is this a subtle one, like how Ricky, Bubbles, and Julian's actors all played a role in the episode with the Canadian terrorists (Props to Bubbles' actor, by the way; whereas I picked up on the other two, I had to look up if he was in the episode later. I know the "Bubbles" voice isn't how he talks, but he's got a nice range there!)?

Only to a small degree.

There was (apparently) a blink and you'll miss it reference, but otherwise nah. The actor is Welsh himself and he told actual stories about the real separatist movement and how terrible at it they were, which is the basis for the story.

Hah, really? By which I mean, that Rhys has shared stories.

ampere

I still haven't seen any of this season since I don't have FX :(

Really need to buy the season on Amazon and catch up

I still haven't seen any of this season since I don't have FX :(

Really need to buy the season on Amazon and catch up
I've only seen the first ep this season and it didn't really do anything for me and after last seaosn's disappointment I stopped watching archer. I don't know if it's gotten any better:/

As a Welshman, living in Wales, I can't tell you how much this episode pleased me. :D

Well not real people. Just English ones.

\o/

Edit - I also can't tell you how many times I've heard the "Wales is part of England" line.

Red

What?!?!? I feel like that guy on gaming side that found out after 5 years his ps3 controller was wireless.
Yeah, it's like $30 for the season and episodes release around 6am EST the day following release. 10 hours after airing I think.

Just watched the latest. Was okay, a little uncomfortable with the date rapey stuff. Reminded me of The Wind Cries Mary, which overplayed the gay jokes.

Zubz

Banned
A lot
of foreshadowing this episode that everyone won't make it next week....

How so? I didn't pick up on that, other than typical
"2 parents entering a life-threatening situation and worrying about their kid" speech, albeit only from 1 parent.

I enjoyed the episode, but I dunno... I've never been a big fan of
Fantastic Voyage
plots; I just never saw the appeal. Still, Cheryl's speech about why she wanted to take the mission
despite the $1,000,000 pay for it being a paltry amount for her
was pretty fantastic.

Has everyone been catching up with the mini skits in between commercials of Archer Nocturnal Missions? Need GIFs of that anime one.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
i love this plot so much

Razmos

I kinda wondered about Krieger apparently being a clone of Adolf Hitler and not looking anything like him.

I have the strange feeling that a character is going to die next episode, weirdly. With Pam talking about Cheryl dying, Lana and Archer talking about dying, Cyril saying to Ray that "it could be worse".

Could be wrong though.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda wondered about Krieger apparently being a clone of Adolf Hitler and not looking anything like him.

I have the strange feeling that a character is going to die next episode, weirdly. With Pam talking about Cheryl dying, Lana and Archer talking about dying, Cyril saying to Ray that "it could be worse".

Could be wrong though.

I thought it was implied that the original Krieger is an adolf clone too?

Hatchtag

Banned

Could be wrong though.

Cyril has done so little this season that I could see it being him. I'd rather they do that than leave him just kinda there. Either that or make him full-on the villain for next season.

Razmos

Cyril has done so little this season that I could see it being him. I'd rather they do that than leave him just kinda there. Either that or make him full-on the villain for next season.
I was thinking the same thing.
It would be an interesting plot point going forward too, since Archer mentioned in this episode that Cyril is jealous of all the attention Archer is giving to annoy Slater rather than him. It seemed like such an odd thing to come up in the episode as well, kinda came out of nowhere.

If Cyril was to die, Archer might feel remorse over the lack of "attention" he paid towards him.

At the very least Cyril being presumed dead and then coming back a season later in a big plot would be cool too.

Zubz

Banned
Dud Woodhouse's VA fuck up somehow?

Which one? IIRC, the original Woodhouse retired from the industry. No word on the second Woodhouse's leaving, but he's up there in age, too. I guess Archer's too empathetic now for him to really torment him (Which was half of his shtick), and if they're just going to cycle through voice actors, maybe they just found it easier to write him out?

I was thinking the same thing.
It would be an interesting plot point going forward too, since Archer mentioned in this episode that Cyril is jealous of all the attention Archer is giving to annoy Slater rather than him. It seemed like such an odd thing to come up in the episode as well, kinda came out of nowhere.

If Cyril was to die, Archer might feel remorse over the lack of "attention" he paid towards him.

At the very least Cyril being presumed dead and then coming back a season later in a big plot would be cool too.

On the one hand, that could make sense. Plus, any actual remorse'd add to Archer's slow-but-gradual development into being a decent person. I thought something was up with the Archer no longer bothering Cyril being brought up, too, especially with Cyril's attempts to win Lana back this season (I guess that was his entire character arc?); for once, being a callous jerk to Cyril would be 110% justified! I didn't think it was hinting that Cyril was going to die, though. I thought it just meant Archer'd acknowledge he respects Cyril like he how he admitted that Lana and Pam were his best friends earlier this season.

Still, I feel that if someone was going to die, they would've hinted at something prior unless it was a minor character like the scientist that joined them or... the CIA guy that isn't Slater, whatever his name was. Or Krieger with an immediate "twist" about the clones from last season taking turns being Krieger prime being revealed right after.
Granted, with how little Mallory's been around this past season...

There's always that "revive [DECEASED] as a cyborg" cliche, but they've already done it however many times. If they keep it up, Season 8's gonna look like this:

rexfeatures_198058_3007084b.jpg

Razmos

There's always that "revive [DECEASED] as a cyborg" cliche, but they've already done it however many times. If they keep it up, Season 8's gonna look like this:

rexfeatures_198058_3007084b.jpg
Exactly, that's what would make it so funny, with Archer going crazy because of the rising number of Cyborgs :p
I suppose nobody could die but it's an interesting thought that could shake up the status quo somewhat.

Unrelated, but I recently watched the first and second episodes of the first season again, and I kinda miss having so many minor characters/background extras and stuff, including Woodhouse.

The show feels so sparse right now, and with the justification in this episode as to why the "Idiot crew" was joining them.. it just seemed like lazy writing.
I'm not complaining that hard, the way it is now works, but it just feels like it's missing something that the earlier seasons had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom