• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S7 |OT| of Jazz Hands, Suppressing Fire & the Danger Zone - Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
w7VszWV.jpg

Season Seven of Archer premieres Thursday, March 31st at 10pm on FX. This season, Archer moves to LA as they try out a new business as private investigators. The season will consist of thirteen episodes. The FX S7 fan guide has lots of information on the new season. Season 6 should be up on Netflix as of March 26th.

Archer is an animated, half-hour comedy that revolves around a former spy agency turned private investigation firm and the lives of its employees. The Figgis Agency presents all new challenges for the former spies, the most difficult of which might be the move to Los Angeles. Every seedy surveillance of a suspected adulterer or investigation into insurance fraud is actually just another excuse for the staff to undermine, sabotage and betray each other for personal gain.

The series features the voices of H. Jon Benjamin as the highly skilled and incredibly vain spy private eye "Sterling Archer;" Aisha Tyler as Archer's fellow detective and on-again-off-again girlfriend, "Lana Kane;" Jessica Walter as Archer's domineering mother and former spy agency director, "Malory Archer;" Chris Parnell as the agency owner and lead investigator "Cyril Figgis;" Judy Greer as the agency's loquacious, dingbat secretary, "Cheryl/Carol;" Amber Nash as the gruff but lovable muscle, "Pam Poovey;" Adam Reed as the gay voice of reason, "Ray Gillette;" and Lucky Yates as the firm's possibly mad scientist/possible clone of himself, "Krieger."

Cast:

BtfNv3O.jpg

Links:
VidsS7 poster:

XHItqma.jpg

CoolOff

This thread is total sploosh. Or whatever my equivalent of sploosh is. Which I guess is just sploosh. Only with semen.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm going to try to catch up once they put Season 6 on Netflix. I watched the show since Day 1, but fell off during Season 5. I want back in!

someday

Banned
Thank you for closing the last thread when creating this one. I hate that the Destiny threads are never closed and keep getting posted to.

On topic, I can't wait for the season to start! I miss this show.

This is probably the single most motivating reason to sign up for PS Vue right now - watching Archer as it airs instead of a year later. Decisions, decisions. Can't wait to burn through S6.

jax

Banned
Really hoping Pam isnt the focus this season like the last couple of seasons. Her emphasis was really kind of dragging the show down. She's funny sometimes, but most of the time it's just like "...right. Can we get back to the funny pls?"

More Sterling. More Conway. More Frisky Dingo references. I have high hopes.

someday

Banned
Really hoping Pam isnt the focus this season like the last couple of seasons. Her emphasis was really kind of dragging the show down. She's funny sometimes, but most of the time it's just like "...right. Can we get back to the funny pls?"

I love Pam but the cocaine jokes got old fast.

jax

Banned
I love Pam but the cocaine jokes got old fast.
Judging by the commercials, it's looks like half Sterling, half Pam. This is bad. The show isn't called "Pam", it's called Archer. Pam's "Melissa McCarthy" schtick is funny at times, but gets old really fast. (Not unlike Melissa McCarthy). There's so many other characters to explore that are way funnier and more original, like Krieger-San or Lana "man hands" Kane.

curb

Banned
Thank goodness it's finally back. I can't believe it's at S7 already. Man, Venture Bros and then right into Archer - it's almost too much to take in.

Funny that this comes up right when I'm about to marathon the series again. One thing I've noticed is that Mallory is becoming my favorite character. "One of these days I'm going to burn this place down to the ground" will always get me to laugh.

I want them to go back to not being complete failures 24/7. I remember when Archer was a "feared" person even if he was an idiot goof, not someone who could be outsmarted and outgunned by an actor who was pretending to be a spy.

vypek

I want them to go back to not being complete failures 24/7. I remember when Archer was a "feared" person even if he was an idiot goof, not someone who could be outsmarted and outgunned by an actor who was pretending to be a spy.

Yeah. I know their group (whatever name it is now or will be come) became famous for failing at missions all the time but it would be nice for them to have success. Seeing Archer get his ass kicked and losing all the time is annoying. There are times they show he is kind of competent at what he does but I wish he was closer to badass instead of a seemingly lucky agent who can sometimes accomplish missions.

Grisby

Funny that this comes up right when I'm about to marathon the series again. One thing I've noticed is that Mallory is becoming my favorite character. "One of these days I'm going to burn this place down to the ground" will always get me to laugh.
She needs to do a whole hell of a lot more than she did last season. Was almost like something was wrong with Jessica's voice or something, :/

Yeah. I know their group (whatever name it is now or will be come) became famous for failing at missions all the time but it would be nice for them to have success. Seeing Archer get his ass kicked and losing all the time is annoying. There are times they show he is kind of competent at what he does but I wish he was closer to badass instead of a seemingly lucky agent who can sometimes accomplish missions.

Wasn't even until the last season or two that that was even the case. A lot of stuff gets dropped or changed for comedic effect though.

Verelios

Wasn't even until the last season or two that that was even the case. A lot of stuff gets dropped or changed for comedic effect though.
Yeah, the first two seasons Archer was careless as hell but savant level deadly. Guy could be busting your balls in the middle of a freezing tundra while getting sniped by alpine...snipers and still kill them all with a handgun.

Archer just got increasingly more incompetent as the seasons went on. You could chalk it up to him no longer being a functioning alcoholic, or the chip, but whatever in universe explanation, it's still shitty.

jax

Banned
The show has definitely seen better days, but at least the animation has improved. I kind of secretly want it to fail so we get a new season of Frisky Dingo.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
The show has definitely seen better days, but at least the animation has improved. I kind of secretly want it to fail so we get a new season of Frisky Dingo.
I kind of want both at the same time.

The episode in her apartment where they hide the dead body is one of my all time favourites.

UncleMeat

I love Higgins-Cyril in that poster. If they actually give him a couple dobermans named Zeus and Apollo I'd be extremely pleased.

vypek

Thursday can't come soon enough

- Some S7 teasers/spoilers via the Pittsburgh Post Gazette

They're fans on the new season. Looks like the first four episodes went out to critics, though I assume we won't see too many reviews/previews this week.

Just read through this. Sounds really good.
I wonder what character is supposedly murdered. Brett got it last time. I don't know if they have another minor character to kill. Oh wait, it is easy to kill Ron off from the show.

From the celebrity voices they mentioned in the article, I like their guests so far. One of them was in the trailers already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom