• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you a bad enough dude to have Platinumed all Souls games?

Platinum'd Bloodborne and its DLC, at 91% on Dark Souls 2 but I feel too intimidated/overwhelmed to get to NG+3 just to buy a few spells which is literally all I need for that Platinum :(

Only played through Dark Souls III once so I'm sitting at like 60% or so and I wish Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls were playable on PS4.

I have the platinum for Bloodborne and Demon's Souls. I don't think I enjoyed the Dark Souls games enough to platinum those (though Dark Souls II is the only unknowable entry in the series).

Uraizen

Banned
I'm not even bad enough to have gotten one platinum from them. Closest I came was Bloodborne and the dungeons or whatever bored me.

Tagyhag

Nah, I enjoy the games but I don't find pride in achievements/trophies, especially for some that just comes down to grinding for hours and hours. I'd personally be ashamed of having to look at it because I would be reminded of the hours that I wasted to achieve it.

kagamin

I have more time in Dark Souls 2 than a lot of people who got 100% achievements and I don't even have all of them myself, I just play for fun.

nah. I don't like how many times you have to replay the game for certain weapon achievements. I tend to never go past NG++. I go as far as i need to to get +2 PvP rings and that's it.

mstevens

I have all of them. I went in this order:

Bloodborne
Dark Souls 2
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 3

The platinum trophies aren't much harder than just beating the game, and a relatively high % of players have gotten them.

Never had a chance once I saw you had to collect a certain number of items which would require grinding or a lot of playtime. Was the closest with bloodborne needing to only beat the chalice dungeons which I stopped because I didn't enjoy it. Props to op for putting the hours in.

There's no content in them I cannot beat so yes. I've slain all bosses in all the games. However the process is grindy bullshit. The only one I have the platinum trophy for is Bloodborne since I was only a weapon short that could be claimed near the start of the game in NG+.

psyfi

Banned
I love the Souls games, but nah, that feels like a waste of time. Glad you did something you feel good about though OP, it's certainly a feat.

I've got all platinumed now on my PS4 except Demons of course. And Dark 1 I've got all but it was on the 360

Funny thing is these are my only platinums lol

Garlador

Argh! This is triggering some repressed rage for me!

I have beaten Dark Souls 3 times. I have done everything. I have every achievement... except one.

And it's because the achievement just... didn't pop.

It's the one for "get every weapon".

I printed off a list. I went through the game, crossing them off as I got them. I got to the end of the list, got that last weapon and... nothing. Nothing at all. I went over the list a dozen times. I checked other lists online. I checked my inventory over and over and over.

I have all the weapons - upgraded as far as they'll go - and the achievement didn't pop.

So there it is, my shameful, incomplete Dark Souls gamerscore. I just don't have the stomach to replay the game THREE MORE TIMES to try and get all the weapons (since you need a minimum of three playthroughs to grab them all).

I still don't know what I did, or if there's anything I can do to fix it. But that one achievement haunts me because it's the one time in Dark Souls that feels overtly cruel, and I know it's just gotta be some glitch. But considering the game, and having all the others that I worked so hard for, not having that last one is painful.

Platinumed the only one that matters - Bloodborne.

In all seriousness I'm working on DS3 right now, might go back and do DS and DS2, but the chances are slim.

Vamp

I have beaten Dark Souls 3 times. I have done everything. I have every achievement... except one.

What? there is no such trophy in dark souls 3.

mstevens

I printed off a list. I went through the game, crossing them off as I got them. I got to the end of the list, got that last weapon and... nothing. Nothing at all. I went over the list a dozen times. I checked other lists online. I checked my inventory over and over and over.

I have all the weapons - upgraded as far as they'll go - and the achievement didn't pop.

So there it is, my shameful, incomplete Dark Souls gamerscore. I just don't have the stomach to replay the game THREE MORE TIMES to try and get all the weapons (since you need a minimum of three playthroughs to grab them all).

I still don't know what I did, or if there's anything I can do to fix it. But that one achievement haunts me because it's the one time in Dark Souls that feels overtly cruel, and I know it's just gotta be some glitch. But considering the game, and having all the others that I worked so hard for, not having that last one is painful.

Did you try dropping them one at a time and picking them up again?

jmdajr

Lol.

I could probably have multiple college degrees before ever accomplishing something like that.

Maybe an exaggeration but that's how I feel from my short time playing it.

Rezae

Received platinum for 3:

Demon Souls (Imported Asian version, I recognized greatness before localization announcements)

DS2

Bloodborne

I played mostly PC DaS1, and sold DS3 right after beating it due to being tight on money.

usp84

Only games i have ever platinumed along with Assassins Creed 2(i played so much of this game)

No regrets i would do it again.In fact i made a secondary account and platinumed Dark Souls 1 again with "speedrun strats" after watching various streamers do it.

bigjig

I only platinumed Dark Souls 1. I am interested in one day going back to Bloodborne for the plat, but having to go through all the Chalice Dungeons puts me off.

Zocano

Platinuming these games is the most whatever Non-accomplishment platinum among every other platinum that is just "collect all the shit". The challenge is beating the games, past that the platinums just demand you to play the same shit over and over until you pick up all the spells, sorceries, pyros, etc. Getting the max ranks in a lot of those covenants is the most numbing shit.

I say this having gotten every plat minus Dark Souls 1 which I don't like enough to bother with.

There's nothing really noteworthy about getting the plats because they are just the collect all the shit type plats and don't require any actual tough challenges to overcome, like say the Metal Gear Rising plat that requires you to S Rank the game on Revengeance difficulty.

velociraptor

No and I'm so shit at Soul games that I used co-op on many bosses. Dark Souls II was fucking hard. I managed to solo Souls 1 on my 2nd playthrough only.

inb4 'that's not the way to play dark souls!!111'

Only Bloodborne because it's the only one I've played. I plan on buying DSIII when the Fire Fates Edition releases, though.

Dez_

I got a plat (or rather 100% achievements) on Dark Souls 1 on PC and Bloodborne. Got close with Dark Souls 2, but ran out of steam close to the end. Not even close with 3.

RevenWolf

I have more time in Dark Souls 2 than a lot of people who got 100% achievements and I don't even have all of them myself, I just play for fun.

Pretty much this, trophies and achievements aren't fun to me in the slightest. In fact I find trying to earn them often actively kills my interest in playing a game.

.Anema

Yep, all of them. Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne. Everything between Playstation 3 and Playstation 4. Feels good since they are my only platinum trophies lol.
I've never been a trophies fan, but I loved these games, so I wanted something special.

ubiblu

I have all five (including SotfS) and consider myself an average, but tenacious player. All solo, all melee, all offline. Only started the series with BB but fell in love. I was also the first confirmed player with all five platinums on Reddit (thanks JP DS3 and lots of free time before my wedding).

Don't let your dreams be dreams. Just do it.

WilyRook

Just Demon's and Dark 1 so far. I'd love to go for Bloodborne's but the chalice dungeons give me headaches with their environment repetition. But I appreciate their enemy variety. I should probably just do one layer a week or something.

Garlador

What? there is no such trophy in dark souls 3.

This isn't a Dark Souls 3 trophy

https://www.exophase.com/game/dark-souls-iii-ps4/trophies/

Closest thing to this is fully upgrade any weapon. Consult your trophy list.

Lol. Poor wording.

You need to beat Dark Souls, three times, to get all the weapons in the original game.

I beat Dark Souls 1, 3 times. Got all the weapons. Didn't pop.

Did you try dropping them one at a time and picking them up again?
No... huh. I may try that.

I have them all split between PlayStation and PC, the problem is now I feel committed to keep doing it, if we get more Soulsborne games that is.

Alric

For all the times I've beaten Bloodborne and it's DLC. I just found out the other day the only reason I never platinumed the game was because I never choose to let Gehrman wake you from the dream.

Fitts

I don't know. I've played the shit out of them, but trophies/achievements are a waste of time so I never look at them and keep the obnoxious notifications turned off. I think I got around a dozen platinum trophies before realizing how much they detracted from my enjoyment.

Top Bottom