• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you a bad enough dude to have Platinumed all Souls games?

It's funny, I've played through all of them with 5 or so characters for each but never bothered with the trophies. Don't think I ever will because I'm scared it might make me hate the games by the time I'm through. Sounds like it would be a chore to me.

I don't have a single platinum in anything lol

Hell no, these just seem like the most boring and tedious trophies to get.

Honestly though, for most games, getting 100% completion is zero fun for me. It's best to do the stuff you enjoy and stop if it's no longer engaging.

I dunno, getting the platinum for Dark Souls (the only one I have ) was a ton of fun. I did it while watching ENB's excellent "From the Dark" series. There was only one or two things that were tedious. Mostly farming stones and covenant items and humanity, but I think I spent maybe 5 hours tops with grinding.

AlexBasch

In fact, I don't think I've ever actually summoned another player in all the hundreds of hours I've played the games.
I like you.

If the trophies were based on something like this, instead of stupid grinding, I'd get them.

Finished all of them (except 3) without co-op and taking out Smough first. Rewarding as fuck.

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but there are much more impressive things you can accomplish in the Souls games than getting the trophies.

KHlover

Banned
Why would I do that? So much senseless grinding for the Dark Souls series platinum trophies, the mere thought makes me shudder.

- Get all weapons/rings/spells/pyromancies/miracles
- Upgrade all weapon paths to max.
- Max rank in all covenants
- Learning all gestures
- etc

Fuck. No. I'll gladly spend 100+ hours per game, but there's no way in hell I'm ever going to grind out these achievements.

Raxious

Got:

- Demon Souls
- Dark Souls
- Dark Souls 2
- Bloodborne
- Dark Souls 3

all platinum on PS3, PS4. Planning to go for a platinum run with DS2:SOTFS edition on PS4 this summer.

ZangBa

I plat them all and DS2 twice. They aren't even remotely difficult plats, just time consuming. Even then, they don't take that long compared to misery like Dark Cloud 2.

I did get a Platinum for Bloodborne, because a friend did it and let me know I was close. It's one of just 2 games I have a platinum trophy for.

Normally, I don't even know what trophies I have.

I've played all the Souls games multiple times, but I have no idea how close I am to "completion" from a trophy standpoint.

I'm proud of having beaten every boss by myself. Is there a trophy for that? If not, then those Platinums are just participation trophies as far as I'm concerned.

JBuccCP

I enjoy the Souls games, but I haven't actually beaten any of them. I just run out of steam after a certain point. These days if I'm not really invested in a story I rarely finish longer games. The closest I got was Dark Souls. I stopped playing right before the last boss lol. I went through the area leading up to him but then went back to do something else and just never returned. The rest of them I stopped about 3/4 through I would guess.

Eusis

I only platinum if I really feel like it and really get into a game (and it's relatively reasonable to earn.)

Which of course means I have a Platinum for Dark Souls II PS3 and nothing else.

Dark Souls 3 platinum is such bullshit because summoning for Darkmoon Blade and the other covenants sucks. I'm not going to farm for the materials either so I'm not getting it. I platinumed Bloodborne since that is very straight forward. I played Dark Souls 1 on 360 but I didn't go for all achievements then.

On Bloodborne and Dark Souls I have, Dark Souls 3 isn't happening though. I'm on about 91% but there are a couple of trophies that require spells etc. that can only be got through covenant items and...well, we all know the story there. I need to go back to Dark Souls II and Demon's Souls and platinum those one day.

Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
Bloodborne

Never liked Dark so skipped sequels.

Dark trophy lists are huge grinds also, not worth, the first was enough.

Beat all of them multiple times, but only have the Bloodborne plat.

Usually there's just a little to much grinding involved and that's not what I plat those games for.

kiaaa

Just Bloodborne. From needs to get their shit together before I attempt any of the stupid covenant grinding. The real problem is that they know their online sucks and that's why they have enemies that drop the items you need (even if it's a sadistically low rate). Bloodborne's chalice dungeons were long, but I felt like I was making some kind of progress.

I've got the Plat for Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne, and Dark Souls 3.

Personally, the hardest plat/achievement I ever got was for Overwatch, MGS2, MGS4, REMake, Left 4 Dead, and COD3.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Pfft, the Souls games ain't shit. Let's see how many of you have platinumed the Yakuza games.

I've platinumed neither series :(

JediLink

I got all the achievements/trophies for DS1, 2 and Bloodborne. The other two require a lot more grinding so I never bothered.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Shit no. I don't hate myself enough to spend countless hours farming 100% pointless covenant drops.

Instead I just play the games making new characters, doing PvE and coop and PvP and having fun.

Only Bloodborne, which is the only game I've ever platinumed. It's just that good. I generally don't care or have the time for achievement hunting, and the other games in the series are just too grindy.

I might plat Bloodborne at some point, but doing any of the other games is an exercise in frustration due to covenant-only stuff. DS3 is especially bad about this, as some covenant stuff is especially difficult to get unless you get lucky. And I'm really only going to plat Bloodborne because it's relatively easy and doesn't have any covenant nonsense.

kiaaa

Pfft, the Souls games ain't shit. Let's see how many of you have platinumed the Yakuza games.

I've platinumed neither series :(

I'm pretty close to Yakuza 0. Just gotta learn Mahjong, Shogi, and beat the game on Legendary. I'm not fully committed yet because those first two are giant barriers.

sjay1994

I plated Bloodborne, in the process of 3, then 2. Can't play 1 or Demon on Ps4.

Evil Within is harder. .3% One hit death mode. Step it up.

Yup.

If anything the thread title should be "are you able to grind for hours" because thats what the soulsborne trophy list boils down too.

Its no where near as frustrating and difficult as one hit kill + idTech load times that was the evil within.

I've plated Bloodborne, 3 and Evil Within.

And Evil Within on Akumu is way worse than anything souls threw my way.

Almost.
Demons Souls
Dark souls
Dark souls III

I'm like 90% in Dark Souls II and Bloodborne.

Almost. Waiting for the DLC before I do the rest of the annoying runs of DS3 for all those rings.

But I'll get there.

Bloodborne was the most fun by far. And the theme you get for getting the Platinum was an awesome surprise.

Done Dark Souls 1-3 and Bloodborne. Only got 80% in Demon's Souls though, I hate the world tendency...

I hope you guys will make it. You are quite damn close!

FATALITY

Banned
1L7b8776.png

the only platinum i have.

best game ever

Aenima

Anyone else here have all 4 Plats?
Not 4, I have 5 plats between all souls/borne games. (Demons S., Dark S. 1, 2, 3 and Bloodborne)

All done in the same account just using the PS3 and PS4.

The hardest to plat was the 1st one I played ( Demons Souls) i remember it took me about 2 weeks of farming a very low drop rate rock needed to upgrade some weapon to the max and it was my last trophy needed. After that all other souls and bloodborne was kinda easy to plat. Some was just time consuming but not really hard.

Im more proud of my plats on Yakuza 4, 5 and Zero that i found much more hard to accomplish than a souls game.

Hellix

Too much of a time sink to get all those "Learn all of X" or "Acquire max reinforcement of type X" achievements from each game. I'm just going to enjoy the games how I want.

PC doesn't have trophies. I guess I could get all the steam achievements if I cared to. I'll platinum bloodborne when they fix the frame pacing so...neva.

Sapientas

Still didn't play Dark Souls 3, but other than that I have all of them.
They are not really that hard though. If you can complete the game you probably can get it, just need to get past some mild grinding.

Justinh

No, but I think I want to. I got all the achievements for Dark Souls on 360 and Games for Windows Live, and all Dark Souls 2 achievments for 360. I still need to do Scholar of the First Sin on XBox One (I just have to do the DLC for a spell, hex, miracle, etc) and I haven't even made my way to Dark Souls 3 yet.

Honestly I think I burned myself out. I want to play Bloodborne after I do Dark Souls 3 because I'm afraid that if I switch back and forth it'll mess with my mojo.

I do everything offline because I'm a pussy and hate PvP.

Top Bottom