• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you a bad enough dude to have Platinumed all Souls games?

I platinummed Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin and Bloodborne. Couldn't be bothered to grind all the tendency lark in Demon's Souls and I just lost motivation for Dark Souls 3.

I have them all platinumed except Dark Souls 2 , just didn't care to get them all in that game.

I don't really feel like it, but I'm so close. Just need to get to New Game+2 or whatever to buy some remaining spells, which is ridiculous. It's been driving me crazy for months.

aadiboy

I platted Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1, I'll do the rest when I get a PS4. I love the way the Souls games do trophies, they're not half-assed "do this special move 20 times" trophies. Instead, it's more like they get you to experience all the content the game has to offer, which is why I don't think you can say you really 100% a Souls game until you get the plat.

Izuna

Banned
I plat'd DeS, but that was back when I cared to do so.

TBH, the hardest part of a plat for a lot of these games is grinding/farming stuff...

Nah just Bloodborne, but it was pretty clear how to get it. You didnt have to do several NG+'s, covenants, collect gestures or stuff like that. Only contrived things were some NPC quests that you could fuck up if you didnt do a thing a certain way.

WilyRook

I really like the image set of the Demon's Souls trophies. It's a real shame that you can't use them as avatar images. But yeah that's an old argument, I guess. Just felt like saying.

Murkas

Platinum'd:

Demon's Souls (Asia)
Dark Souls (PS3)
Dark Souls (PC Steam)
Dark Souls 2 (PS3)
Dark Souls 2 (PC Steam)
Dark Souls 2 : SotFS (PS4)
Bloodborne
Dark Souls 3 (PS4)

Completed and only missing a few:

Demon's Souls (EU)
Dark Souls (GFWL)
Dark Souls 2 : Scholar (PC Steam)

TyrantII

DeS
DkS
Bloodborne
DkSIII
DkSII

Wasn't a fan of 2, but just finished up a few weeks ago because the collection wasn't complete without that platinum. All DLC as well.

I disagree with OP, online is the way to go. Part of the souls experience is fighting off invaders when you least can deal with it. Heck, you really didn't 100% Demons Souls if you never fought the old monk boss as a PVP foe.

Viruz

None of them, but I loved Bloodborne and finished it. Demon's souls was too difficult for me but I tried. Didn't try the Dark Souls until 3, too difficult and stuck at the beginning.

dark-souls-3.jpg

Mind you I can only play 1-2 hours a week, DS3 seems slow compared to Bloodborne..

Platinumed everything except DS3, including DS2 twice (PS3 and Scholar PS4). Would have the DS3 platinum if I farmed Proofs (only missing Darkmoon items).

Nope, but I've beaten them all by summoning and being summoned, and if that's not good enough for anyone they can fuck right off.

None of them, but I loved Bloodborne and finished it. Demon's souls was too difficult for me but I tried. Didn't try the Dark Souls until 3, too difficult and stuck at the beginning.

dark-souls-3.jpg

Mind you I can only play 1-2 hours a week, DS3 seems slow compared to Bloodborne..

Hah! Don't even bother with Demons/Dark/Dark2 then. DS3 is by far the fastest non-BB Souls game.

Nope, but I've beaten them all by summoning and being summoned, and if that's not good enough for anyone they can fuck right off.

Summoning is in the game for a reason. Calm down bro.

Manu

Only DS2, DS3 and Bloodborne.

Demon's and DS1 aren't even hard, just too boring and grindy and I value my time too much for that.

I turned my buddy onto Demons Souls back in the day. He went onto Plat every souls game while I on the other hand have gotten like 97% as my best, I'm too lazy to grind upgrade stones.

ChrisD

I refuse to go out of my way solely to get a trophy, so I'll never get a platinum.

This is actually why I got Bloodbornes. Felt like there wasn't really anything out of the way. I had to use a guide so that I wouldn't miss some things that weren't readily apparent (hidden areas and stuff), but for the most part it's really just a Platinum of "experience the whole game."

Alebrije

I did with the basic games No DLC. To be honest I found those games more enjoyable to get platinum than Tomb Rider or GTA, left those games because at some point get bored to get platinum because repetitive gameplay.

Souls games have something that keeps you coming again and again until you get platinum.

vocab

Demon's (only one I plat) and dark souls 3 are the only games I like, so no, im not a bad enough dude to 100% all of them.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I don't care about getting all trophies or achievements but I've solo'd every single game and DLC in the series.

In fact, I don't think I've ever actually summoned another player in all the hundreds of hours I've played the games.

Leezard

At one point it's just a question of grinding rather than becoming better. Pure bladestone in Demon's is the biggest offender. Some covenant equipment is also a grind.

I got the plat in Dark 1 but haven't bothered in any of the others.

Koobion

Missing Dark 1 and 2, have Demon's, Dark 3 and Bloodborne. I've been wanting to go back to get the other 2, as I recently did with Demon's after 7 years :) It holds up.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Nope. :(

But I have beaten them all. Not too impressive among you folks, but out in the real world my skills are celebrated far and wide! Maybe.

Peroroncino

Got plats in Demon's Souls [twice], Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne, is that baller enough? I played DkS 1 and 2 on PC and didn't bother.

Maybe I should also add that first DeS platinum was back in 2009 before Souls were cool and wikis were full of info, how 'bout that!?

Hell no, these just seem like the most boring and tedious trophies to get.

Honestly though, for most games, getting 100% completion is zero fun for me. It's best to do the stuff you enjoy and stop if it's no longer engaging.

AlexBasch

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 in my old profile. Dark Souls 2 was shit, so I didn't bother getting the trophies, lost interest in 3 and might push myself on Bloodborne if I have time.

selo

Just Dark souls, hated dark souls 2, and when i was playing 3, my pc died, so I just managed to fnish it but not get all the achievements.

Zafir

I would have gone for the plat on Demons Souls had it not been for the stupid gecko farming that it required. Always seemed an utter chore to me.

Bloodborne I platted though.

Dark Souls 1, 2 and 3 I played on PC so I never really cared all that much about Achievements. Steam achievements just don't feel the same frankly. =/

Top Bottom