• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS Global Testpunch Thread: Let's see if this has LEGS

Loz246789

I too, have the game early now. Haven't played too much so far, but I'm having much more success with the motion controls than I did with the test punch for whatever reason. The game's pretty great.

Question: if you beat the grand prix on a higher difficulty, does it count as beating all the previous ones?

Nintendo's uploaded the Grand Finals and Boss Mr. Yabuki battle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp4rQ-9DHnM

rXuJVU7.gif
What? i saw the stream live and didn't saw the champ taking on the producer.

Was concerned about the low level play displayed in the first match, altough it mostly had to wih one of the players lack of skill. After that, the spam grabbing Ninjara didn't make things look bettter for this little tournament.

Things picked up considerably after Sky beat the spam grab Ninjara and with every Zerk(sp?) match onwards. The final encounter (Zerk vs Sky) was really entertaining to see as an eSoprt. In particular when Sky was making a comeback after being down 2-0 out of best of 3.

Mr. Yabuki vs Zerk it's one of the best things i' ve seen coming out from E3 2017 (although not much fond of E3 shows in general). That said, would have find Mr. Yabuki exhibition more "definitive" if Zerk was controlling Twintale like he did in the tournament.

Final note: This is the first time i' ve seen Mr. Yabuki playing, i advice people to pay close attention how his hands move using motion controls. It is very interesting because of many things.

but they don't ever show the players :)
It's in the Treehouse centered on ARMS, not the tournament stream. i think it was previous in the day.

There's Mr. Yabuki and other important member of the ARMS dev team (name scapes me sorry It's Mr. Ishikawa). The video in the Nintendo Youtube channel is titled: "ARMS Demonstration".

Seriously, take a glance to the hand motion. Fascinating, well to me at least since i like to analyse the implementation of Motion Controls that Nintendo has been doing since Wii days.

jts

...hate me...
Do I have to use a VPN to buy from Amazon.jp? (and if so, any recommendations?) It won't let me buy the download code :(
Sorry I just saw this now. You don't have to use a VPN but you must have a (fake) Japanese address on file.

Cutwolf

Torn on this game. It looks fun with motion controls, but playing it in handheld mode or with pro controller looks dull.

But I feel like if I'm playing other people, I'll have to go with the "best" control scheme, or else I'll get whooped. I don't like losing that much.

Is there any way to match-make by control scheme in multiplayer?

RRockman

Banned
Torn on this game. It looks fun with motion controls, but playing it in handheld mode or with pro controller looks dull.

But I feel like if I'm playing other people, I'll have to go with the "best" control scheme, or else I'll get whooped. I don't like losing that much.

Is there any way to match-make by control scheme in multiplayer?

There is no "best" controls scheme first off. You've already assumed Motion controls are not worth it, but that couldn't be further from the truth. While it is easier to GRASP the basics with buttons, once you learn the motion controls they play just as well.

There is no way to control match up by controlling type. I'd reccomend you start with buttons to grasp the basics and then move on to practicing motion controls if you aren't confident with them.

Top Bottom