• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS Global Testpunch Thread: Let's see if this has LEGS

mas8705

Hope the tournament today is as hyped as the splatoon tourney from yesterday. Best to build up the hype as high as possible to get those who are on the fence to give in and get the game in two days.

Played for a bit before forgetting my joycons needed charging. Controls feel fine but I can already tell it's gonna take a while to learn this game properly in terms of knowing which arms can cancel out others, what each characters movement is, getting the curve of throwing a punch right and so on.

DrDogg

Where is da strim?

Also, looking forward to the stream for the E3 tournament today...

I'm honestly wondering what I'll be seeing at the thing lol

I'm not really expecting much from the E3 tournament. I'm sure it will bring the hype, but I'm not expecting to see high level game play. As best I can tell Kayane's first time playing was a few days ago before she left France, and I doubt she's played much since. Valle hasn't really indicated he went hard on this either. D1 was pretty decent when I played him early last week, but he's only commentating, not playing.

I'm also assuming they have to use motion controls which will probably make it more difficult for Valle and Kayane to play at their best (without a good amount of practice).

How are people getting it early?

Even J.Miller is streaming it now

https://www.twitch.tv/j__miller

J.Miller had it last week as I recall. I'm watching his stream now. I might hop on, but I didn't realize he wasn't in the US. Makes a lot more sense now with some of the things he was doing in our matches. Still a great player though.

DKL

I'm also assuming they have to use motion controls which will probably make it more difficult for Valle and Kayane to play at their best (without a good amount of practice).

Gonna wait for someone to bust out the quasi grip tech and go in with button controls lol

(like, it'll be funny if it happens, but it probably won't)

The online multiplayer (at least now in the 'for fun' lobbies while the skill level is low as everyone gets used to the game) is incredibly fun. You aren't waiting around for too long and there's a nice amount of variety when you get into a match - 1vs1, 3 on 3, co-op, volleyball, basketball.

deoee

Anyone else ordered from Amazon.de?

They state it ships Saturday and will be arriving Monday.... Just wondering if it's only me

deoee

Doesn't look like it's sold out, just checked. Maybe try to contact customer service if they can fix that?

Tomorrow is Feiertag so they have to take the extra day for the order. I simply ordered too late on have it shipped Friday. Never knew Amazon took days off.

KodaRuss

I cancelled my Amazon preorder and just preordered it from Best Buy with In Store Pickup. I cant deal with Amazons shit anymore.

Kudo

Invitational is going on right now: https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

DCRE7PMXcAAbJvb.jpg:orig

Spring Man gonna do it.

DrDogg

Wow, it's only the first match but this looks like the first Test Punch weekend level of play. Wonder if it's the motion controls or just a lack of playing the game much.

Wow, it's only the first match but this looks like the first Test Punch weekend level of play. Wonder if it's the motion controls or just a lack of playing the game much.
I'm in the front row and that was pretty rough to watch. Hope we can get past grab spam today.

And here comes Ninjara...

DrDogg

Zerk should win this. None of these people are good, but Zerk seems to have the best grasp of the game mechanics.

Didn't play. The lines too long for a game coming out this week. Not with that DBZ fighter available man. Game is crisp.

Yeah, that's understandable.

DrDogg

Zerk won. Pretty free until the final match. Disappointed the "pros" didn't put more time into the game, but it was still hype.

It was interesting to watch the finals as both players just got more and more defensive lol.

got an early copy too ! (still no replacement joy-con)

Anyway. tried champoinship and some other modes and controls
played a bit online but now server maintenance

LotusHD

Banned
RIP, had to swap my pre-order since I had randomly gotten a gift card, but now Amazon says I have to wait till the 20th... D:

The price of saving money...

EDIT: Ended up doing one-day shipping, whatever, worth it lol

JJShadow

Been playing for the last couple of days and everything is smooth as butter, you only have to wait a few seconds between games in the friendly lobbies. Ranked games take a bit longer, but it's expected taking into account the game is not officially out yet

LOTS of people playing Kid Cobra.

jts

...hate me...
So is there a definite tried and true answer for DLC on Switch being region-free or not?

That would be the only thing potentially stopping me from buying ARMS off eShop JP, but then again I could also just get DLC from there as well...

So is there a definite tried and true answer for DLC on Switch being region-free or not?

That would be the only thing potentially stopping me from buying ARMS off eShop JP, but then again I could also just get DLC from there as well...

DLC will be fine. And it probably won't matter with ARMS anyways as they'll be provided in updates versus having to go into the store.

Top Bottom