• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
OMFG my rage right now... I went on this fucking TWO STAR co-op mission "Heads will roll" and it fucking took FOREVER and I actually make it all the way to where I have rescued the guy and she says "Good work, he eventually went on to join the assassins" but right as this is happening my partner is disconnecting, so then it just blanks out, reconnects me to the level, then it says I'm booted from the group, and the game thinks I didn't finish the mission.

FUCK YOUR SHITTY CO-OP UBISOFT IT FUCKING SUCKS I DON'T WANT IT JUST GET IT OUT OF MY FUCKING FACE

Jelle

OMFG my rage right now... I went on this fucking TWO STAR co-op mission "Heads will roll" and it fucking took FOREVER and I actually make it all the way to where I have rescued the guy and she says "Good work, he eventually went on to join the assassins" but right as this is happening my partner is disconnecting, so then it just blanks out, reconnects me to the level, then it says I'm booted from the group, and the game thinks I didn't finish the mission.

FUCK YOUR SHITTY CO-OP UBISOFT IT FUCKING SUCKS I DON'T WANT IT JUST GET IT OUT OF MY FUCKING FACE
Oh man. I once did this super long and hard co op mission in which you have to free several dudes from a prison. One of them bugged out and the prison door remained locked no matter what. So one by one people disconnected.

Turnstyle

gc2HyLZ.gif

An old OT resurrected from the dead? I guess Turnstyle has finally got around to recording a podcast about Unity.

Well, yeah... Our latest 'bookclub for games' podcast tackled Assassin's Creed Unity. As ever, you can watch on YouTube, or listen to the audio version on your podcast app of choice - just search for Quit or Continue.

https://youtu.be/azeiw6KhCIU?list=PLzLZziHTs0WQgw4MMbpcjDV3Sfb-g4lI1

While some of the other guys on the podcast were up to speed with the series, I had taken a break after failing to get into Creed 3. I've come to realise that just because a series is annualised, doesn't mean you have to play it every year. What a revelation! The two year gap meant that I came to Unity fairly fresh, and the game benefited from that. I actually enjoyed my time with this one - although I think I'm good for another couple of years.

The game wasn't without it's issues. I found the navigation really frustrating at times (getting stuck to every surface like an unwanted bogey), and the bugs still haven't been fully ironed out (see gif).

If nothing else it gave us plenty to talk about, and was responsible for some borderline offensive French accents.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

If it's any consolation the next one will not have co-op. ._.

Dice

If it's any consolation the next one will not have co-op. ._.
It's good they recognized their total failure. However, between this and free Black Flag I don't know how long I'll be burnt out on the concept. It'd be nice if they had more methodical and creative quests like AC2, not so much stuff like "steal from this guy who just stands in the middle of an open court with 42 guys in it" to force either very repetitive methodical whittling down numbers or massive brawls, or the guide-you-by-the-hand-with-literal-checklists from big levels in the story.

Dice

Yeah... as this goes on it's feeling pretty stale in terms of the missions and whatnot. I watched some videos and apparently a lot of it filler is to ensure money generation for the gear acquisition which is needed for the pointless difficulty scaling.

I mean, I guess it's not "pointless" to everyone as they figure players are too dumb to get a handle on a game so they need to be eased into stuff like people actually noticing you, knowing how to use various tools and maneuvers, etc. Still, for someone like me it just scales back the whole experience from what it could have been into something more prescribed, generic, repetitive.

It's really quite a shame because I am endlessly in love with the environment. This may well be the most elaborately, meticulously detailed and expansive game worlds I have ever seen. It's a stunning achievement... but then all it's used for are these thoughtless missions and the same 3 crowd events. It's a bummer that all the money required to make something so beautiful also pushes it to be so mainstream that it's lesser.

After seeing this, I don't doubt that they are capable of reaching their target for The Division, I just doubt that the gameplay in The Division will offer much to make it worthwhile since Ubisoft seems to make these very repetitive experiences. With their style, games like The Forgotten Sands and Blacklist leave a better memory by not overstaying their welcome.

An old OT resurrected from the dead?
It came with my Xbone. A lot of people got in on the deal, but I guess they didn't bother to look for this thread or just sold the game.

got a corrupt savefile after closing the game it seems. Wanted to continue playing now, start uplay, game starts and suddenly the Helix video from the beginning of the game plays...i`m like whats going on ....quit the game start it again and still the same. I was at sequence 6 already and now i`m at the start with 0%...i deleted the savefiles from the folder and started the game hoping the cloud save would load but nope...

does anybody here have a savefile i could copy into my savegame folder? i dont think i will replay it anytime soon knowing this could happen again ...

Montresor

For anyone who's gotten the Fraternite achievement/trophy in the Dead Kings DLC, can you please help me out?

Fraternite achievement/trophy is awarded once you beat the two co-op missions in the Dead Kings DLC. I've read people having this achievement/trophy glitch for them. Can the people who's unlocked this let me know the exact method they used?

How did you start the missions? Progress Tracker > Mission Start? Or did you physically go to the open world location of the mission and then start the mission?

Did you do the missions alone or online with someone else?

edit: I ended up doing them alone and starting them from the open world (not from the progress tracker). The achievement popped just fine.

AppleBlade

Just picked up the PS4 version digitally for $20 (Assassin's Creed Sale). Can't wait to start it. Something tells me I am going to like this game a lot more than Metacritic or the GAF hivemind suggests.

One quick question, were the bugs/glitches taken care of with patches?

Jonnax

Hey all. My friend is having trouble with the fight with
Belac
. On PS4. Apparently he can't beat the button quick time events. Not even the first one.

Looking online this looks like a bug. Anyone know of a way around it?

HennyGingerale

Neo Member
So, completed the main story yesterday. It wasn't bad I must say, I liked the sneaking part instead of running in as a complete moron.

Story was crap though, as usual.

Any must things I should do? Next will be Dead Kings, but what about the rift misisons or those Nostradamus thing?

Top Bottom