• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

At this point, should Atlus release Persona 4 Golden on PS4?

Absolutely. I prefer OG Chie and Marie is a trope laden piece of trash compared to the rest of the cast, but the extra stuff Golden adds more than balances the negatives out.

They definitely should. And I think they will, Atlus has been pretty happy milking Persona 4 and lots of people have PS4s while very few have vitas.
PS2 Chie best VA btw

cakely

I'm currently destroying my hands to finally play it on Vita. They should have ported their most popular game ever to a modern platform years ago. I'd kill for it on PS4.

I love golden on my vita, but it would be so much better on a big screen.

For $50 you can own a PlayStation TV, and play Persona 4 Golden on your TV with a DualShock 4. You can even transfer over your existing save games.

Sure. With a disclaimer that if you played Persona 5 first, then you'll probably not like this game.

I don't see why people wouldn't. There are significant gameplay differences but it's not like people who played later entries in any other JRPG would not like to go back and see what the previous titles were like.

kromeo

I don't see why people wouldn't. There are significant gameplay differences but it's not like people who played later entries in any other JRPG would not like to go back and see what the previous titles were like.

I've already seen comments from people claiming they can't go back to the previous games now after playing 5, I'm sure there'd be a lot of moaning about archaic dungeons or whatever

I would love to get all of the Persona 4 content on PS4. Throw the original game on there even. Golden, Arena, Arena 2. Gimme all of it I'll play it all again.

P3:FES while you're at it.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
70 hours in and I haven't seen a single issue. I'm beginning to wonder whether this is all a weird meme. I love the dialogue. Some of it is laugh out loud funny.

Its not fully 'localized' to english vernacular and speech patterns, certain sentences are structured in a very literal way like how fansubs generally translate anime from Japanese voices, rather than a full on American dub.

I'm fine with it, but only cause i am used to watching fansubbed anime, and i'm using Japanese voices lmao

Its like one of my Japanese animes

The P4 random dungeons are too much of a slog.

Edit:

If they went back and did a Persona 4 Golden v2, where all they did was design the dungeons to be something similar to 5's, then I'd jump in.

PaulBizkit

Atlus needs to get on the HD ports bandwagon and release persona 3 and 4 one and a half year apart from each other on PS4.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
I'd kill for a persona 4,3,2,1 collection with trophy support on PS4. Even though I already have P4G and completed it on vita, id love to play the rest on the big screen

TrutaS

I would definitely buy and play a persona anthology, with all remastered games for full price. Or just persona 4 for cheap!

asagami_

Banned
I would prefer P3 complete version before other P4. And actually, I would LOVE see first the Digital Devil Saga series in a new console :(

Chorazin

They would not have to "make it look decent" on the Switch? Beyond that, portbegging isnt really allowed you know...

You dont need to make anything look decent, its just a matter of a res boost

This entire thread is begging for a port to PS4. You can't just drop a Vita game onto a PS4 and it's all good to go. You need to port it to PS4.

People will expect a game releasing on a 1080p/4k machine to have much higher resolution and fidelity than a system that can make a Vita game at 960x544 pixels look just fine at 1280×720 in handheld with much less work on assets.

And I'm not begging for a Switch port, it's that I just cannot see Sega/Atlus dumping money on a P4G port to PS4 and all that it would entail to make it look and run well enough for people to double or triple dip (n the case of P4 standard owners and P4G owners like myself.). And coming off of P5 to a much more graphically reduced game might not be so appealing for casual fans.

BouncyFrag

A cheap PSTV is a solid option to play it. With p5 being my first Persona game I'm good to go when I finish it having grabbed a pstv on the cheap ages ago.

Edit: P3P also works on pstv but I'm not sure how well it holds up tho.

Tbh, more people should play P3FES. If that was brought over with QoL improvements (no more random movesets), it would be a system seller for me.

Silurus

Definately my favourite Vita game. I think it should come to as many platforms as possible so everyone gets a chance to play it. If it came to Switch I would definately buy again.

jayu26

Should have happened long time ago in the west. Sadly I think Japan would be indifferent to it. And since these decisions get made in Japan...

Gator86

It's not a meme. There are dozens of poorly translated lines such as:

"But I guess trash will never be anymore more than trash."

http://www.personaproblems.com/

P4G does not suffer from the same problems.

Oh, a typo. Yeah, that's pretty damning stuff there. Given the complexity of modern games and the ridiculous volume of content in P5, I'm okay with a few typos. Haven't finished it so I'm not reading all the lists out there, but I haven't been bothered at all.

Guess Who

Banned
The fact that someone bothered to buy a domain and make a website about typos and wonky lines in P5 is honestly the pettiest bullshit in the world.

Top Bottom