• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

At this point, should Atlus release Persona 4 Golden on PS4?

Curufinwe

Oh, a typo. Yeah, that's pretty damning stuff there. Given the complexity of modern games and the ridiculous volume of content in P5, I'm okay with a few typos. Haven't finished it so I'm not reading all the lists out there, but I haven't been bothered at all.

It goes way behind a few typos.

P5 isn't any more voluminous than P4G so that excuse doesn't work. Find some other excuse for why the P5 localization is an obvious step down in quality.

Actually, all this talk of P3 getting an upgrade is much better. I played Portable before FES and with the improvements P3P made, going to FES is...hard. Controlling party members being the obvious one, but fast travel is still pretty big. Not to mention everything that Golden and 5 had on top of it. FES tells a story better, but I frankly had no issues with P3P's visual novel based storytelling.

The fact that someone bothered to buy a domain and make a website about typos and wonky lines in P5 is honestly the pettiest bullshit in the world.

Is this just, like, runaway hype that can only yield crushing disappointment?

I've got things about games that I find myself being obsessive and analytical about, but I'm so glad this isn't one of them.

I think the Japanese flavor is really evident in all of P5's writing and, frankly, I like this direction. It's clear that this was Atlus' intent -- chase authenticity wherever possible -- and in 96 hours I've only noticed them step over the line into "obviously awkward" a handful of times.

On-topic: Atlus should definitely remaster the entire series in a content-complete PS4 collection. Though I'm not sure I would replay P4G for quite some time. Chasing that Platinum was incredibly fulfilling 2.5-playthrough experience. Nevermind that P5 either meets or exceeds P4G in every way.

Technically P4G is a more full featured and better value game because of all the extra shit they put into, but I don't know...

Tonally I felt all the new scenes they added in that game to be off. The character interactions did not sound right to me, like they were all more exaggerated than they were in the original portions of the game. I felt combined with the new stuff in P4G, and the Persona 4 Arena stories, they started to make the characters into caricatures of themselves more, and I felt it showed more in P4G, because of the more obvious contrast right next to the original content. It never sat well with me, and still makes me prefer the PS2 version of the game.

That, and original Chie is still better.

Curufinwe

The fact that someone bothered to buy a domain and make a website about typos and wonky lines in P5 is honestly the pettiest bullshit in the world.

Being mad that an editor took the time to document some of the problems with the localization of Persona 5 is extremely petty.

Sure why not? I probably wouldn't play it again, going for the platinum trophy on Vita made me never wanna play it again haha(still love it though).

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I would, in every case, rather have a Vita game on a console than on the Vita. So yes, I would like Persona 4 Golden on PS4.

Surprised they haven't done so already. It seems to make perfect business sense given the top of mind that persona currently is with P5 doing so well.

P4G on PS4 could easily sell 500K worldwide.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Its not fully 'localized' to english vernacular and speech patterns, certain sentences are structured in a very literal way like how fansubs generally translate anime from Japanese voices, rather than a full on American dub.

I'm fine with it, but only cause i am used to watching fansubbed anime, and i'm using Japanese voices lmao

Its like one of my Japanese animes

Oh damn I need to do that. Not really one to switch to Japanese voices generally, but it would work perfectly for this game given the style of the translation like you noted.

Yes, I own P4G but i just have zero interest in playing a long game on a handheld, would definitely double dip on P3 and P4 ported over to PS4.

P5 isn't any more voluminous than P4G so that excuse doesn't work. Find some other excuse for why the P5 localization is an obvious step down in quality.

It seems like they just didn't give it the care Maragos would have.

Because 1 is like the worst game in the entire SMT series
Not really, but it's bottom of the barrel

It's really good. The characters are sort of broad strokes but the game doesn't pretend they're not and they don't need to be more than that.

they should release a version of persona 5 with acceptable translation

the p5 localization is unacceptable in a post-nier world

thanks for stating your irrelevant opinions twice in this P4G thread. at least try to make it relate to the topic....you just want to be quoted and troll dont you?

P5 has a more than acceptable translation anyways.

regarding P4G - a port might be worth it for them to release, not sure if anything more though. I probably wouldn't buy it again, but people definitely would, especially with those new to the series that P5 has brought in. the dungeons could easily turn them off though

cakely

Are PSTVs worth it or should I stick with my PS2-on-PS3 copy?

The PSTV is essentially a tiny (like a pack of cards) Vita you can play with a DS4 on a TV. I personally think it's well worth $50 (cheaper than a new game), but that's just my opinion.

Thud

Also in the same typography as the game. It's way too much effort for just pointing out a few mistakes that got passed.

Oh, this not the localisation topic lol.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Why limit it to PS4... It's time Atlus starts embracing Steam. Persona 3/4 HD should be no brainers.

Opa-Pa

A PS4 port doesn't make much sense for the japanese market and Atlus rarely (if ever) does anything with the western audience in mind, so I don't see it happening, honestly.

P3FES and P4 as PS2 on PS4 titles are a no brainer though.
but please do every other PS2 Megaten game first!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
P3FES and P4Golden Remastered
HD backgrounds and reworked character graphics to fit P5 style
Shit I buy them full price as stand alone releases if they did that
Didn't they do a servay asking people if they wanted HD versions?

I wonder if Sony could just sell you PSV games on PS4 though some kind of emulator that is can play anything a PSV TV could. So Vita, PS1 and PSP games.

Of course none of your existing back library will carry over because Sony gonna Sony and gives zero fucks about your investments into their platform but I think there is probably a decent legacy market for them if they wanted.

Top Bottom