• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus announces new Shin Megami Tensei for Switch (Unreal 4)

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
I love it when the logo fades in with that eerie sound. Shin Megami Tensei 1 feelings all over again.

Something something Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Super interested, but if it takes, literally the entire life span of the console to come out, looks like I'll be waiting again before getting the console.

Jb

Yeah this looked real early if they don't even have a name for it. That Nocturne feel was cool though.

Vamphuntr

UE4! Atlus is joining the 21st Century :)

Trailer looked really great. Seems to imply Odin will be important again. He was fairly important in IVA.

Shouta

Showing Odin so prominently in the end of that trail makes me think it's gonna be related to SMT4A or that universe in general, lol

atomsk

Party Pooper
last time they did this it was Tokyo Mirage Sessions... and it took fucking FOREVER to come out after they announced it.

love Atlus, but keeping hype in check

I'm very interested in when they started working on this and what the timeframe for release is supposed to be. Please don't make me wait a billion years like P5.

Fou-Lu

last time they did this it was Tokyo Mirage Sessions... and it took fucking FOREVER to come out after they announced it.

love Atlus, but keeping hype in check

I mean it might take forever but it'll be amazing when it does? Why not be hyped?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
This was the announcement that made me most excited for the system so far.

rrvv

Showing Odin so prominently in the end of that trail makes me think it's gonna be related to SMT4A or that universe in general, lol

Yeah i am think side story if they want to released it this year just to fit with 25th SMT annivesary

Neoweee

An SMT game was kind of inevitable. We learned nothing from this announcement, other than that it won't be released anytime soon.

At the very least, Odin's 4A design replaces the Zardoz knockoff.

Qwyjibo

Just like "SMT x FE", this seems to be announced REALLY early.

I'm excited for another SMT game but this gives me no reason to spend any money on a Switch in 2017.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Sounds pretty cool. Did they lock it up or is it multiplatform i wonder? I'd like to buy an SMT game for my PS4 at some point, but if its Switch only i'll still buy it there.

I'm suprised also that they are using UE4 considering they have a brand new Persona engine, was that not good enough to use?

I can't wait for when this gets re-revealed in three years as an idol simulator and a bunch of posters tell me I'm crazy for thinking this trailer would set the tone for the actual game.

Top Bottom