• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Axiom Verge Review Thread

walnuts

When is this game coming out for PC? I want to play it now!

As a Metroid fan, I can only say "If Nintendo does not do it, someone else will have to do it".

When is this game coming out for PC? I want to play it now!

As a Metroid fan, I can only say "If Nintendo does not do it, someone else will have to do it".

Funny story - Jonathan Metts, the host of Radio Free Nintendo (an awesome Nintendo podcast, here's a GAF thread dedicated to it) was at E3 last year and was chatting with Tom Happ at the Axiom Verge booth and Reggie Fils-Aime showed up. Reggie jokingly said something to the effect of "wow, this looks familiar!" to Tom and Johnny stepped in and basically said "well, SOMEBODY has to make a Metroid game!"

Pretty hilarious lol

SerTapTap

Funny story - Jonathan Metts, the host of Radio Free Nintendo (an awesome Nintendo podcast, here's a GAF thread dedicated to it) was at E3 last year and was chatting with Tom Happ at the Axiom Verge booth and Reggie Fils-Aime showed up. Reggie jokingly said something to the effect of "wow, this looks familiar!" to Tom and Johnny stepped in and basically said "well, SOMEBODY has to make a Metroid game!"

Pretty hilarious lol

"That looks like Metroid!" is the quote. They included it as a "box quote" attributed to Reggie in their email to press, was pretty funny

Deadstar

This is an amazing game. When you first start playing it seems fun but not too great. But then it keeps getting better, and better and better. It's ridiculous.

Tain

It's hard for me to identify legit modern 2D action games when so many highly-praised ones do nothing for me, but Mzo likes this and the videos look promising.

This looks like more my kind of thing than Ori. I might have to pick it up when my plate empties up a bit.

YoshiEx

Neo Member
I broke down and bought it. The only regret was I couldn't finish it in one sitting... had to eat dinner and go to work in the morning :'/

Top Bottom