• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Babysitter who had sex with 11-year-old boy gets suspended sentence

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read this and was pretty horrified at the sentence handed out.

Had it been the other way around, a male with an 11 year old girl then he would have been hounded by the press and had a long sentence.

The main problem with the story is that she was babysitting him and didn't realise he was 11... that's a fail on your job right there.

She should be getting an actual prison sentence, I'm sure the father is right in the fact that there may not be any lasting harm, but these things can't go unpunished, and the fact the child said during no it doesn't feel right was the moment that the boy showed actual maturity.

A mature 11 year old is one who plays 18 rated games I thought...

Benefit of the doubt? The kid was raped, it is that simple. Nothing more to it. It doesn't matter what he or the father says, the girl should do jail time for it.

Just Googled the judges name out of curiousity, and he seems to have a habit of giving people the benefit of the doubt.

DRUG dealer Liam Tubb, who was caught selling heroin and crack while on bail for possession, has walked free from court after it heard he was at the bottom of a large operation. Tubb, 20, of High Street, Royal Wootton Basset, had about 100 wraps of heroin and crack cocaine when police raided the house where he had been dealing for the Bristol based syndicate.

But he was given a suspended sentence after Judge Tim Mousley QC heard he was in debt to dealers and was now off drugs after time on remand.

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/13773150.Drug_dealer_walks_free_from_court/

THREE people who conspired to burgle an isolated home in the dead of night have walked free from court.

William Hunt, Jasmine Pritchet and Scott Harrington were caught after trying to smash their way into a house as the family slept inside, but after hearing the trio, who were seeking cash, never got into a house a judge at Swindon Crown Court imposed community orders.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/13764086.Work_orders_for_three_in_bungled_burglary/

A MUM-of-three who hit a love rival in the face with the point of her stiletto shoe in a drunken attack has walked free from court.

Kathleen Shiel plunged the high heel into the temple of a woman who she said had stolen the father of one of her children.

But after hearing that the 29-year-old has moved away from the area and was now clean of drugs a judge imposed a suspended sentence.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/..._stiletto_heel_walks_free_from_court/?ref=rss

I think the babysitter lucked out getting this judge. He's seems a bit "no harm, no foul". Him and the father must be two pea's from the same pod.

Vitten

Very weird court decision considering some woman get jail time for sleeping around with 16/17 year olds which is a far less serious offense in my eyes.

JC Lately

007b84d9-c986-4c52-9771-bb9c6f1a00e5_zpsjd89w3k8.jpg

On top of everything else: Thanks for giving MRA's a leg to fucking stand on.

hodgy100

On top of everything else: Thanks for giving MRA's a leg to fucking stand on.

nah MRA's will spin it in a way that the kid is a victim of feminism and has been demasculated. this would never be a problem if men were allowed to own their masculinity. :/

This is absolutely disgusting. Can't believe it's happened in the UK of all places especially after the the recent high profile cases.

Qasiel

Just Googled the judges name out of curiousity, and he seems to have a habit of giving people the benefit of the doubt.

This is insanity.

I'm not one of those "Throw the book at 'em!" types or anything, but the reasoning behind such lenient sentences is pure madness. Guy caught selling selling hard drugs? Nice light punishment because he was "in debt" and is now off drugs himself. 3 people trying to smash their way into a house to burgle it whilst the people were inside? You can pick up some litter in the high street because you were too stupid to actually get in, let alone what could have happened had they entered the house and encountered members of the family.

I hope that if I ever break the law for whatever reason that I get this judge. Looks like you'd probably get away with murder if you apologised and bought the family some flowers.

Skeyser

So there's evidence that the boy said that it was wrong and that he didn't enjoy it and the judge still believed the dad that's banging the babysitter? Fucking disgusting.

Treefrog

Compare this to the case with Zach Anderson, where he was 19 and had consensual sex with a 14 year old (she said she was 17).

That was a 5 year difference, while this is a 9 year difference with an 11 year old.

He's fighting to keep his life in order, while she is let off easy.

DeaviL

Banned
That wasn't just sex with an underaged kid, it was rape.
Jesus Christ

PS: If the worst thing for you is MRA's using this as ammo,
then your priorities are in the wrong place.

I read this and was pretty horrified at the sentence handed out.

Had it been the other way around, a male with an 11 year old girl then he would have been hounded by the press and had a long sentence.

The main problem with the story is that she was babysitting him and didn't realise he was 11... that's a fail on your job right there.

She should be getting an actual prison sentence, I'm sure the father is right in the fact that there may not be any lasting harm, but these things can't go unpunished, and the fact the child said during no it doesn't feel right was the moment that the boy showed actual maturity.

A mature 11 year old is one who plays 18 rated games I thought...
You really shouldn't be sure about that either.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Fire the judge, take away parental rights from the father, stick the babysitter in prison for the foreseeable future.
What. The. Fuck.

Why is this so different to the guy who was given probation for having sex with a 14 year old and the reaction was overwhelmingly critical of the Judge for being too harsh?

That one was a 14yo posing as a 17yo, with a 19yo. Five years gap, fault on the girl for lying.
This is a 11yo with a 21yo, with the 21 knowing perfectly that, AND in a position of authority, AND telling a negative accounting of it despite all his father's pressures.
It really doesn't get any more clear cut than this.

TheCrackInTime

Neo Member
A six month sentence, suspended for two years? That's completely ridiculous.

I don't know how many here are aware of this, but anyone (you don't have to have any connection to the case) can ask the Attorney General to review a Crown Court sentence if you think it's too low. It can then be referred to the Court of Appeal, who can increase it if they agree that the original sentence was unduly lenient. There's some more info at this link.

FyreWulff

because this is a male-oriented society, amirite?

This is actually directly linked to paternalism and toxic masculinity.

Men telling boys they need to enjoy their rapes because women aren't fellow citizens but conquests to be marked as notches on your belt. Because otherwise you are not manly enough and are a piece of shit sissy.

Sooo lemme get this straight.

The boy said he was aware of what was happening but said he didn't enjoy it. The father then said his son was sex mad and that his son was up for the task. The judge then took his word and thought since the 11 year old boy seemed 'mature', that closed the gap between him and the babysitter?

Wut

Breraa

Banned
I'm sorry but I agree with the dad and the judge.

Also the age of consent in the UK is 16.

Double standards exist.

Symphonia

Banned

Double standards exist.

Yes, the AOC in the UK is 16. That's fine. What's not fine is that the boy was 11 - under the legal AOC - and she was 21, five years over the legal AOC. You're honestly okay with that?

Two Words

Double standards exist.
It's easy to think sex isn't so bad for a young boy. It is certainly less physically traumatic. The problem is that many boys develop a twisted sense of sexuality due to this abuse. This often isn't a one-time event where they are given the support afterwards. Typically, the abuse is constant and it isn't something they are able to control. There is plenty of empirical evidence of boys developing issues from this that we should know better.

Just the thought of this kid having to spend the next several years living under the same roof as a parent that refused to support him in a molestation trial makes my blood boil.

McLovin

What the actual fuck. God dammit she's a fucking child rapist!

Double standards exist.
Fuck off with that. The kid didn't like what happened. And even if he did its still rape. How is it up to the judge or the dad to decide if the kid was messed up or not?

suzu

Why are some people so sure that this shit won't effect the kid mentally and mess with him later on? Because he's a male and is seemingly mature for his age?

It's so fucking stupid to assume that everything will turn out fine.

Why are some people so sure that this shit won't effect the kid mentally and mess with him later on? Because he's a male and is seemingly mature for his age?

It's so fucking stupid to assume that everything will turn out fine.

It feels gross saying this but I believe there is some self-insertion going on when people react like that.

Meanwhile, a 15-year old kid that has sex with his 14-year old girlfriend is added to the sex offenders list.

Edit: Wait, this was here in the UK? Fucks sake. Although being a public servant, the stuff related to his family in the article rings about every alarm bell for social deprivation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom