• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Ibuki

Banned
How have they not pushed out a patch yet? It's the release date for a high profile game, that is getting horrible Steam reviews. Do they just not give a shit?

vg260

I sort of do too, mostly because if I had known that it would have been this bad, I might have waited to make my build, or at the very least would have put the PS4 version at the top of my Gamefly Q in order to be able to play it on release day. I hate that I'm in this thread instead of the Batman official thread talking about the game. :(

Exactly my scenario. I upgraded for this and I just cancelled my Gamefly subscription and had this at the top with an open spot. I'm expecting to get spoiled before the issues are settled.

kinggroin

Banned
Watch the compare video guys.

THE PS4 AND XBOX ONE VERSION HAVE HIGHER RESOLUTION SHADER EFFECTS AND/OR TEXTURES THAN ON PC.

Think I'll just keep my PS4 copy then. It'll be the first multiplat game I choose the console version for.

Shame. SHAME!

The End

Iron Galaxy ported Batman Arkham Origins which ran fine so not sure what happened here.

My guess?

The console versions were performance budgeted around 1080p/30 with a big unified pool of very, very fast RAM

IG ported it straight over and it probably ran fine on machines with 16Gb+ of RAM and 6Gb+ of VRAM, then proceeded to shit the bed as soon as it hit more average-spec machines during QA

Gemüsepizza;169533776 said:
Take a look at the cup. The shadow is missing, that's why it appears like it is floating in the air. The shadow effect is called Ambient Occlusion.

woah thats crazy

maxxed PC settings?

Kiant

So friends, to what degree do you expect this mess to be fixed?

I expect it will be fixed but the time frame...I dare not hazard a guess.

Think what is most annoying about this, it's being pushed so hard on the Steam client and GMG, more people are going to mistakenly buy this shitty port.

Watch the compare video guys.

THE PS4 AND XBOX ONE VERSION HAVE HIGHER RESOLUTION SHADER EFFECTS AND/OR TEXTURES THAN ON PC.

Think I'll just keep my PS4 copy then. It'll be the first multiplat game I choose the console version for.

Shame. SHAME!

I watched a comparision video. Pc version looks the best

'cause of one game?

I guess if you would have kept your PS4, we woudl have herd this little speech oh, about 6 times this gen already.

Trust me, you didn't make a mistake...

Wait, if you did it just for one game, then maybe you did.

Star Citizen, Total War: Warhammer...I guess Xcom 2 now.

Other than those titles I was more than happy PC gaming with a 560 + 32 bit Windows. Arkham City gives me an avg. 49 fps at 1600x900 (native monitor resolution).

I keep hearing this generation how console ports run shitty on much better hardware. What's the reasoning for it?

Gbraga

This is probably the first time I actually agree with people saying they should've bought this on PS4. It's pretty bad.

The performance issues are awful, the missing stuff is awful, but both? Both is just a monumental fuckup.

It's ok though, we need to cut them some slack, japanese devs don't know a lot about PC gaming, it's just a late port released on a budget
aPg9e4u.png

Rocksteady's non-apology

Hi all

We're aware that some users are reporting performance issues with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. This is something that Rocksteady takes very seriously. We are working closely with our external PC development partner to make sure these issues get resolved as quickly as possible.

We'll update this thread when we've got more info to share.

Thanks

CODA

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/PC-Performance-issues-we-hear-you/m-p/571341#U571341

Tecnniqe

Banned
And here is why nVidia code redeemers didnt get the pre-order bonus.

Before yesterday, when you opened the console to check which keys the nvidia code gave us, it was ID 56900 which was the same code given to all pre-orders. This code was registered to my account as well as I checked a couple of weeks ago.
Now, the code registered to my account is 71669 which is an id that does not include the Harley quinn pre-order bonus. I did not screenshot my account back then but the thread that I posted below has some people who posted screenshots of their consoles confirming that they had the 56900 id.
I don't see why they changed this last minute....Maybe I'm misunderstanding the steam IDs. I would like to hear from someone who bought and pre-ordered the game and see what id they have.

They took the DLC away last minute because why not. Its not like they got enough on their hands already.

It really is. Between this and Destiny its not beena good PR week at all for the industry

What I don't understand is that this aint no tin pot company. So far they have done a great job in establishing themselves in the videogame industry coming from nothing really. Top execs would of surely been completely aware of the quality of the PC version and what did they say "fuck it send it out, PC is tertiary anyway compared to consoles, patch it in a couple of weeks"?

Justified

PS4 fanboys have become the ultimate trolls online at this point. Worse than Xbox 360 fanboys last gen.

They're all jumping on this making it seem as though this happens all the time on PC and so "just get it on PS4". As if the EXACT opposite hasn't actually been the truth this generation.

FUCK OFF already.

Well most 360 fans switch to PS4 this GEN.

But really a troll is a troll, no matter what console the claim to represent

AEREC

How have they not pushed out a patch yet? It's the release date for a high profile game, that is getting horrible Steam reviews. Do they just not give a shit?

Unless they were already aware of the issues and were working on a patch before launch then I doubt we will see anything for a few days.

But honestly, how could they not be aware of the issues at this point given how widespread they are. Multiple news outlets have already had an article referencing how rough the state of the PC version is in, surely we should be hearing something from WB soon regarding a fix.

codhand

So Green Man Gaming don't do refunds once you have redeemed a key. I guess I can cross them off my list of retailers in future. Sorry I didn't buy it on Steam now.

to be fair Steam just started doing refunds, and have been around way longer than GMG, hopefully stuff like this will get GMG to change their tune.

Can anyone explain this?

When I first ran the game's benchmark this morning with the settings "maxed" (i.e., set to Normal or High), I got an average of above 30fps, but with dips to the mid-20s.

That performance isn't acceptable to me (I prefer smooth framerates to visual fidelity), so I kicked a few things down a notch, but my performance decreased to an average in the mid-20s with a minimum of 20fps.

Why on earth would that be?

Kinthalis

Banned
Star Citizen, Total War: Warhammer...I guess Xcom 2 now.

Other than those titles I was more than happy gaming with a 560 + 32 bit Windows.

I keep hearing this generation how console ports run shitty on much better hardware. What's the reasoning for it?

Ahh, ok, so you do like other games, so fine decision then.

The reason for the last statement is that it's true. It's just not 100% true. More like 95% true. MOST games look and run better on PC. Period.

SOME games don't look much better, but run better.

And a few games are crap on release - this being probably the worse we've seen this generation (outside maybe Watch Dogs?).

RulkezX

Unless they were already aware of the issues and were working on a patch before launch then I doubt we will see anything for a few days.

But honestly, how could they not be aware of the issues at this point given how widespread they are. Multiple news outlets have already had an article referencing how rough the state of the PC version is in, surely we should be hearing something from WB soon regarding a fix.

hey had to be aware , they didnt change the minimum specs and throw out a warning to AMD users the night before launch for nothing.

It's sneaky as fuck.

They took the DLC away last minute because why not. Its not like they got enough on their hands already.

wtf...they purposefully went out of their way to make sure NVidia people didnt get it.

what
the
fuck

Kinthalis

Banned
Can anyone explain this?

When I first ran the game's benchmark this morning with the settings "maxed" (i.e., set to Normal or High), I got an average of above 30fps, but with dips to the mid-20s.

That performance isn't acceptable to me (I prefer smooth framerates to visual fidelity), so I kicked a few things down a notch, but my performance decreased to an average in the mid-20s with a minimum of 20fps.

'cause this game is fucked?

;)

Are you running in fullscreen with Vsync? I was having varying performance levels no matter what my settings too, but once I went borderless window and turned on in game vsync, everything smoothed out.

And with smoothed out I mean avg 55 FPS, not 22 FPS, BUT occasional stutter that is unbearable on the batmobile and texture pop-in is also still evident as of last night.

kinggroin

Banned
I watched a comparision video. Pc version looks the best

What? Link please because that one from earlier that shows all three has the ps4 and Xbox one with AO, better shader resolution and more consistent frame rate.

Unless cotton candy looking smoke that takes 30% of your frame rate away, matters more...

Well, no AO is so, so, so fucking bullshit.

What the actual fuck. I do not even want to play the game that much but that shit is just pure fucking shit.

Agreed.

Putting the game down and waiting to finish Witcher 3. I got about another 100hrs on that game anyway. Fuck this shit. I can't believe there is no CRUCIAL ambient occlusion!!

Mifec

Guess most of us share the same opinion on that question
I expect some manner of performance improvement, I think the stutter will be fixed for most.

But I expect that they will never include AO, and the Nvidia stuff will always tank frame rate, except maybe for the 900 series cards.

I don't expect this to happen sooner than in 3-6 weeks.
So pretty much the same as me except the timeframe. How bad is it at 1440p on a 780ti for you? I think you play at 1440p yes?
I can't remember the last time a game launched in such a broken state.

I'm sure it will be improved , but I'm not confident in the time frame, especially given rocksteady nor WB have had anything to say about it today.
Yeah I'm not confident at all, I assume they won't enhance the options or fix the framerate too much.
I am not optimistic that all that much can be done.
Same tbh.
I expect it will be fixed but the time frame...I dare not hazard a guess.

Think what is most annoying about this, it's being pushed so hard on the Steam client and GMG, more people are going to mistakenly buy this shitty port.

Yeah I have no idea how long it's gonna take, I'm waiting for the GOTY edition anyway since I'm traveling until October and I don't want to wait for DLC.

Gbraga

They will by the sounds of it:

ZkCZjd4.png

What will be the source, though? I don't know shit about game development, but if they have the Windows version as base, doesn't that mean they can only match it at best? Perhaps solve some performance issues, but still pretty much the same game?

Gambit61

Wow that's terrible. It's like they really went out of their way to make this a bad experience for pc players.

comrade

Can anyone explain this?

The game has some set of memory leak. If I keep running the benchmark the performance keeps going down on each run until I reboot. Changing the graphics settings doesn't even effect performance.

What? Link please because that one from earlier that shows all three has the ps4 and Xbox one with AO, better shader resolution and more consistent frame rate.

Unless cotton candy looking smoke that takes 30% of your frame rate away, matters more...

It looks sharper and more detailed. Thats what I noticed

Hatty

Was there any mention of an external developer before launch? Would never have bought it if I knew even if it was only $30.
Especially if Dave Lang was involved

Pepiope

Here's to hoping that I can run this game max
normal
settings 1080p/60fps after it's patched with my 970.

At least I bought Ryse and Trials Fusion during the steam summer sale. Looks this is my first and last pre-order.

Top Bottom