• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight On PC Is Not Very Good [UP: WB suspends future sales until fix]

Who is responsible for this mess of a port?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm just disappointed that nothing has been said about it other than WB pointing blame. This game's fps should not run like a rollercaster or stutter on a 970 with i5 4690 on just high settings, it even does it on low while flying / batmobile. The textures don't seem all that crisp either heh.

Does GMG have refunds? I assume no as I registered on steam.
GMG does not if you used the key already.

GMG policy says they are only able to refund/cancel a pre-purchase if the request is received at least 48 hours before the key is due to be delivered.
Doesn't mean it's impossible to get your money back, I was successful with a registered key once after some hassling, so go ahead and give it a shot. But once the key has appeared in your GMG account or sent to you in an email, it's policy to not give refunds, so don't count on it. Something I'll take into consideration before being tempted by one of their pre-order deals again. Should've known better this time already, but oh well.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
PC gamers are very vocal. Especially when they feel they've been cheated in favor of consoles. And the people in the OT are actually playing the game..

Yeah, good thing too because this issue has been getting much needed attention. Maybe we'll get a better product next time or at least they will fix this mess of shit faster.

The PC port was half-assed, plain and simple. How the consoles fare in comparison is irrelevant to me, I have never had a PC game perform as poorly as this in the past 2 years since I got into PC gaming, not even close. There's no excuse for it at all and people have a right to be pissed.

This is definitely a downside for GMG in the future. Unlike Steam, you give up your right to a refund before you can even boot up the game.

The problem is that GMG can't change that. They can't tell Valve "hey, take that guy's key away because I just approved a refund for him". So essentially this means to stay away from ultra-cheap GMG pre-orders because AAA publishers can't be bothered to give a shit about the platform.

I never said it was a locked 60, I think you're confusing my posts for another.

Ah so you have a 970! That explains it. Seriously though, if you think that 970 is going to serve you well until this time next year then I have some news for you. I had a 970 for ONE day before I returned it because I knew that 3.5 thing would be an issue, as has been proven today.

PC gamers are very vocal. Especially when they feel they've been cheated in favor of consoles. And the people in the OT are actually playing the game..

Feel, huh. Horrible performance and missing effects sure do indicate that a lot of time was put in to ensure a good experience for PC gamers. You're obnoxious and full of shit, so onto the ignore list you go.

Water

Some of the reactions here are intense hyperbole imo. People throw around words like atrocious and terrible way too easily. There are varying degrees of PC ports, the options aren't just perfection and the worst thing ever. Bad PC ports are ones like deadly premonition which is almost unplayable at times. This is something in the middle, not even.

The crashes, the half-second pauses and single digit framerates we're hearing about and seeing on the videos posted here, some shot by gaffers, mean this is simply not a functional product for a lot of the customers experiencing those issues. It's not Civilization. Half-second stutters and single digit framerates make an action game unplayable. "Atrocious" and "terrible" are richly deserved when a game is unplayable.

BiggNife

WB still hasn't fixed MK10. I wouldn't hold my breath.

At the very least MKX is still being worked on and it looks like WB took HVS away from the project and got QLOC (who made the USF4 PC port which launched subpar but was eventually patched enough to become the best port of the game by a wide margin) to fix it. I think if worse comes to worst I wouldn't be surprised if WB hands this off to Nixxes or something.

Fair enough, people who've gone through that should definitely be upset. But people raging at something like a 30fps cap that you can unlock in a file is a bit much. Yes it shouldn't be capped and people shouldn't have to do that, but it takes 30 seconds.

The PC version should be better than consoles, and missing graphical effects in comparison should be inexcusable, but I wouldn't tell people not to play it just because of that.

The performance issues/framerate dips while gliding people are getting are the worst thing to me and need to be fixed.

I still haven't been able to play the game. This is the only game I've been looking forward to for the past year and a half.

Imagine for a moment you were in my position and you read someone saying all the crap going on with this game is merely hyperbole. Then consider there's literally no point in trying to downplay the crap going on with this game

You have done nothing from the beginning but basically down play every post in this thread about various things unless it serves your own made up narrative.

Game doesn't run smooth? Get a 980ti!!! (I have one. Its not smooth.)
Game doesn't run well? You must have a 970! It sucks! (Card is above the recommended specs)

Listen, I'm sure your a great dude or gal, and a solid poster. But your totally off base in this thread. The PC port is shit
Just because I'm not acting up like the others does not mean I'm downplaying the game's problems. I was trying to bring some rationality to the dude that claimed the console versions were inherently better, but I clearly failed at doing so because everyone just wants to get angry.
My 970 came with this game for free...

You don't generally pack in games that won't even run right on the card you're buying lol
Yeah that's a big fuck up by NVIDIA. Downright shady. Hell the whole 970 situation is shady but that discussion has been done to death already.
Yeah, good thing too because this issue has been getting much needed attention. Maybe we'll get a better product next time or at least they will fix this mess of shit faster.

The PC port was half-assed, plain and simple. How the consoles fare in comparison is irrelevant to me, I have never had a PC game perform as poorly as this in the past 2 years since I got into PC gaming, not even close. There's no excuse for it at all and people have a right to be pissed.
Oh they're going to be fixing it. They have to - they've got a 6 month season pass, there's absolutely no way they'll leave us hanging for that long.
As for PC gaming woes, get used to it. I've dealt with this kind of shit so much over the past 15 years - I guess that's why I'm kinda blasé about this whole thing.
Been there, done that.

ricki42

I was going to wait for the Linux version, but now I'm considering getting it on PS4 instead. Does anyone know if Feral is porting Iron Galaxy's PC port, or starting with the console version?

Warner Bros really are the worst, aren't they? I don't know what's up with MKX, but I understand it's nothing good. And with Dying Light they tried to pull this bullshit.
And there was that whole brand deal hoopla with Mordor, although I'm not sure if that was owed to some marketing assholes they hired.

Lulubop

I still haven't been able to play the game. This is the only game I've been looking forward to for the past year and a half.

Imagine for a moment you were in my position and you read someone saying all the crap going on with this game is merely hyperbole. Then consider there's literally no point in trying to downplay the crap going on with this game

Especially someone who seemingly hasn't been dealing with the problems.

Helznicht

Ugh, I wanted to get this on pc, now I'm debating trading in old xb one games in to get it cheap.. I just don't feel like en supporting them for this debacle but I've loved the batman series.

Get the Xbone version and stream it to your PC next month.

Who was responsible for the PC ports of the other Arkham games?

AC and AA code was by Rocksteady, Iron Galaxy handled steam integration.

AO code was done by Iron Galaxy, game's DX11 mode ran way better than AC, and the game ran better in general.

We don't know if Iron Galaxy did the code or the steam integration or both. I think it's unfair to jump on their backs at this point. The only person you should blame for sure is WB.

How can the PC port have only been given 8 weeks? Nvidia had to have been working with Rocksteady / 'Third Party Porter' for longer than that just to implement/advertise the GameWorks stuff. I'm not buying the '8 weeks to port' thing at all.

How can the PC port have only been given 8 weeks? Nvidia had to have been working with Rocksteady / 'Third Party Porter' for longer than that just to implement/advertise the GameWorks stuff. I'm not buying the '8 weeks to port' thing at all.

The date doesn't indicate when they started working on it. Work could've started long before then.

AC and AA code was by Rocksteady, Iron Galaxy handled steam integration.

AO code was done by Iron Galaxy, game's DX11 mode ran way better than AC, and the game ran better in general.

We don't know if Iron Galaxy did the code or the steam integration or both. I think it's unfair to jump on their backs at this point. The only person you should blame for sure is WB.

I can attest to that. DX11 mode in AC results in a jumpy framerate, while it's perfectly solid in AO.

I almost went PC with the GMG deal but best buy with gamer unlocked seemed like almost as good a deal so I'm glad I went PS4. I remember AO gave me some shitty issues the first week on PC so that didn't help either.

mosdl

Wouldn't it be funny if The Witcher 3 with no DRM outsold Arkham Knight on PC by like tenfold? I think it would be funny. It'll never happen, but I think it would be funny.

Lets not forget Witcher 3 had its fair share of launch issues with performance.

j0hnnix

Get the Xbone version and stream it to your PC next month.

damn_good_stuff_sir.gif

Varna

What a disgrace. The other two games sold well didn't they? They seemed like alright ports as well. Why in the hell would this one get the shaft?

Kinthalis

Banned
I'm goign to post this on the performance thread too, but... I'm actually doing pretty good on my end.

GTX 780ti 3770k and running at 1440p. Playing on borderless window mode no Vscyn no in game AA (using FXAA from Nvidia panel).

Everything as high as it goes (textures at normal) but only Nvidia rain and light effects.

Getting avg 55 FPS. WAS getting some awful stutter, but now only when using the batmobile. Also getting some textture pop-in, and occasionally it takes textures forever to load.

Other than that It's been pretty good, smooth, veyr little stutter (mostly when in the batmobile, so I'm avoiding batmobile missions). But I just finished playing na hour fo the game, and it's pretty good. Still nto what it should be, but I think I'm going to keep playing, at least until the game starts to force me into the batmobile more.

Tried locking to 30 FPS. Tried playing on my friend's Xbone.

Sorry, console gamers but 30 FPS is just the worst thing ever. Not willing to go from 55 even with a few stutters to 30.

So not the end of the world, but these guys need to release a patch soon.

So I fucked up then? I bought the Premium Ed from CDkeys for 35 bucks and now I find out the PC versions is all sorts of fucked? Fucking hell, looks like I would of been better off with the PS4 or X1 version.

Ain't that a bitch. Are they working on a patch or something to address these issues?

Kinthalis

Banned
So I fucked up then? I bought the Premium Ed from CDkeys for 35 bucks and now I find out the PC versions is all sorts of fucked? Fucking hell, looks like I would of been better off with the PS4 or X1 version.

Ain't that a bitch. Are they working on a patch or something to address these issues?

There will almost certinaly will be apatch, and the game will look and run better on CP than console.

It's just that that's not the case right now... Atleast when it comes ot batmobile sequences.

MattyG

Banned
I think it's the funniest shit ever that I'm even having trouble with their forums. The SPOILER ALERT window that pops up when you try to get on them is in just the right position that I can't close it. Is everything related to this game cursed
aside from the console versions
?

meanspartan

I am calling SUCH bullshit on the GmG 40% off sale now.

How convenient the first major broken game to release post Steam refunds has big discount sales in places besides Steam, as you cant get a refund unless you directly buy on Steam.

/tinfoil

Rival

Gold Member
Well I've been playing a few hours and haven't noticed any problems other than towards the beginning I was supposed to interrogate a guy crawling out of a car and he was somehow floating a few feet in the air. I grappled away and came right back and it was fixed. I also cannot display my GeForce experience Fps for some reason but overall I'm loving it so far.

Top Bottom