• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight On PC Is Not Very Good [UP: WB suspends future sales until fix]

Who is responsible for this mess of a port?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stainless

This thread saved me some frustration as I probably would have not noticed or given it consideration otherwise. Now I'm thinking of buying it just so I can give it a shitty score and then get the refund.

Seems that unless a developer is willing and capable of porting the game to PC themselves like Monolith did with Mordor, WB will always outsource the port to some cheap studio that can't get the job done right despite all of their games being extremely well selling. That's plain disrespectful to their customers

When did WB become so shitty? First the obnoxious DLC and now this. Hope that they won't repeat the same stuff with Mad Max because I'm really looking forward to that game

Rocksteady are certainly capable, and I don't why they wouldn't be willing to, unless they had some severe constraints. Would've been a far better port, like the first two of their Arkham games.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
So is Durante fixing this mess?

Unless Durante has the ultra build of Arkham up his arse, i think his powers are limited on this one

Have not bought this as i always wait for confirmed good ports due to being badly burned previously but sorry to all the people who got burned on this. Use those steam refunds to send a message

I'd take solid 30 fps with no drops (which is apparently what the PS4 has) over 60 fps with microstutter.
So then leave the game locked at 30 and use RTSS to fix the frametimes.
That's not how it works..........

The game is a WRECK at 60fps even with a 980ti with frame drops and hitching everywhere. Its a worse experience than the 30fps on a PS4
The video I linked is on a 980 Ti. And no, it's not.

gdt

They dont actually. Been buying from them for a long time now and 40+% off is the highest a new AAA game has been reduced. Before that around 43$ was the cheapo rate in the VIP section.

Incorrect. $36 was the going rate for a ton of Eidos/SE games last gen. Same for the batman games. Same for a ton of other steam works game. They didn't go extra deep for this game.

Akronis

You realize that hitching and microstutter can be also because of memory leaks and texture streaming? That isn't fixed with RTSS. Stop trying to defend this tripe.

KingBroly

Banned
Fuck WB. They have taken the crown from EA for worst publisher. With their bullshit pre-order DLC practices, using a scrub studio like Iron Galaxy to port their premiere franchise, adding additional shit drm. They just shit over PC gamers. Iron Galaxy should be stick to making cow clickers, fuck those guys. What a disappointment. I shouldn't have bitten on the GMG sale last month. Wish I could get a refund, guess i'm stuck waiting for patches and praying to lord gaben to fix this mess.

I'd still say Ubisoft is the worst, but as the new kid on the block (relatively speaking), WB is making quite a name for themselves.

Mononoke

Banned
I have a GTX 980 and had a lot those problems in OP. Good thing I got the game free with the 980 lol or I would be pissed having wasted $60 on it.

I tried playing for an hour, got muddy textures in random areas, drops to 33 fps while gliding around. Then when I tried making some tweaks, my game crashed. Was just like fuck this noise, I'm done. So yeah. Fuck it.

Will wait a couple weeks to see if any of this gets sorted, or I'm just gonna buy it on PS4.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Incorrect. $36 was the going rate for a ton of Eidos/SE games last gen. Same for the batman games. Same for a ton of other steam works game. They didn't go extra deep for this game.

You are really stretching with this information. Maybe long ago for the SE Eidos games this was true, but Ive paid close attention to the site now for over the past year and in US dollars for a 60$ game, batman was by far the cheapest. There is no "ton' of other steam games here.

alife

They Ported SF3/Darkstalkers/D&D arcade for Capcom on PS360/WiiU/PC and are doing Killer Instinct right now.

Ah, thanks for the info. Seems like IG are more familiar with fighting games then. Hmm... was interested in picking AK up but looks like I'll wait it out a bit after some patches/updates. The people who bought this day 1/pre-ordered have my condolences. Fuck shitty PC ports.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I HAVE a 980ti......

and YES the game is not a locked 60fps and has micro stutter

What resolution are you playing at? Game looks like hammered dog shit at times for me at 1440.

I'm about to see how it plays at 1080p and try to play through the tears for a few minutes.

But you would think a game like this with nerfed settings could do better. Even when the game isn't stuttering it's balls off the visuals are nothing to write home about.

jett

D-Member
Wait a fucking second, PS4 version has better graphical effects? How the fuck is that even possible?

mfmowpy9.gif

Dezzy

I bought this game on GMG and already activated on Steam. Guess no refund for me. Just gotta wait it out and hope for a patch or five.

Dario ff

Banned
I really don't understand the point of outsourcing PC ports when said studio has both:

A) An Xbox One version.
B) PC Versions clearly already working on and running at some point in development (Sony E3).

The inconsistency with Nvidia's Gameworks build from Youtube and this one is pretty baffling as well. An outsourced team has not seen your codebase for as long as you worked on it, they don't know what breaks and what doesn't when they change even the smallest things to get it running. Leave the outsourced stuff for games that are no longer in active development (And in the case of absolutely no PC experience, hiring a consultant/contractor can't hurt I bet).

Permanently A

You're gonna have to explain what this RTSS thing is, there are about 40 pages worth of folks who'd like to fix the stutter.

edit: apparently its a 100 pages holy shit

tbd

So, didn't Nvidia care at all? Where do they come into play? Just their silly features and slapping their name on the game to sell some GPUs? I'm just not surprised anymore by games with the Nvidia emblem being messy.

Glad Battlefront and Star Citizen won't affected by this phenomenon. I'm sure they'll run perfectly fine.

I HAVE a 980ti......

and YES the game is not a locked 60fps and has micro stutter
Well it's obviously a YMMV thing, so I guess both of us are wrong to state these as facts.
You realize that hitching and microstutter can be also because of memory leaks and texture streaming? That isn't fixed with RTSS. Stop trying to defend this tripe.
Yes, and it can also be caused by less-than-ideal cards like the 970 (the 3.5GB issue is indeed an issue). He said he'd take a steady 30 over 60 so I offered him a path to it. Simple as that.
But whatever, it's clear you guys want to wallow in misery and insecurity so have at it, I suppose.

What resolution are you playing at? Game looks like hammered dog shit at times for me at 1440.

I'm about to see how it plays at 1080p and try to play through the tears for a few minutes.

But you would think a game like this with nerfed settings could do better. Even when the game isn't stuttering it's balls off the visuals are nothing to write home about.

I messed with both 1080p and 1440p. Knew something was off and started seeing the feedback on GAF last night. Played for only an hour and said screw it and am just gonna keep playing Witcher till this is hopefully somewhat fixed. If that ever happens I guess.

Well it's obviously a YMMV thing, so I guess both of us are wrong to state these as facts.

Yes, and it can also be caused by less-than-ideal cards like the 970 (the 3.5GB issue is indeed an issue). He said he'd take a steady 30 over 60 so I offered him a path to it. Simple as that.
But whatever, it's clear you guys want to wallow in misery and insecurity so have at it, I suppose.

The game is not a locked 60fps on the 980ti. You didn't show me anything. I have the card sitting in my PC as we speak and AK hitches and drops frames all the times. I don't understand why you are defending this port

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Not everyone pre-order, they were giving them away with GPU's.

I'm one of the "lucky" ones in that I can lock this at 30 without any stuttering, so at least it's playable.

Akronis

Bro just stop. You're seriously embarrassing yourself.

EDIT: also, this just in: fix memory leaks by buying more memory.

Banned
I also have this issue I don't know how to remedy.

This happens anytime I try to launch the game, even after steam has "successfully" validated my files.

Rjzb.png

I haven't seen anyone else with this problem.
Well the message prompt isn't lying. We have no info on why the PC port is hot garbage.

Ugh.
I really hate to look like the AK defender on GAF, but I think some of you need to sit down and think things through before getting dramatic and making silly statements like this.
How the FUCK does two graphical effects equate a "better experience"? PC has four additional effects that consoles will never have. It CAN run at 60fps. It can run at resolutions higher than 900/1080. Etc

It's a disappointing port for sure, but come the fuck on.
It will be fixed. It has to, considering their DLC plans.

It's Batman joke from Kingdom Come. Not kidding now, I am at the stage where I will settle for a stable 30.

Lulubop

There's a 100 fucking page thread full of people having issues, but of course you seems a video so you know what the fuck you're talking about.

The PC performance thread is twice the size of the OT for christ sake.

Tygamr

Hmmm. Glad I passed on the GMG deal. Not sure whether I should grab this on PS4, or just wait and grab this if it gets fixed...

~Kinggi~

Banned
I bought this game on GMG and already activated on Steam. Guess no refund for me. Just gotta wait it out and hope for a patch or five.

Im done with GMG for preorders until they have a solid refund system in place. Still useful for cheap coupons on released games though.

kms_md

Can someone explain this Dave Lang joke everyone is on about?

Dave Lang runs Iron Galaxy and is pals with the Giant Bomb crew. On their final E3 live show, Johnny V (who works for Disney) tweeted out Dave's phone number and hilarity ensued (as did drama and hurt feelings).

roMonster

Most people shopped around for the absolute lowest price they could pay for the game. And WB shopped around for the absolute lowest bid for the port.

WB sure as shit didnt pay more than $20 for this PC game.

Se_7_eN

Damn, glad I am still distracted by The Witcher 3.

For those who bought it on Steam, are you able to refund it?

Top Bottom