• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Reveal Trailer, PC/PS4/XB1, Oct 21st [Up2: Screens, Info, Open Beta]

ha0wahs.gif

I was thinking this same thing when dude was smiling ear to ear while talking about the genesis of war.

Gren

This'll have a campaign, right (I hope)? Can't hang w/ PC MP, but I'd love to play a single-player mode in this setting.

EDIT: Derp, didn't read the blurb in the OP. Awesome.

Not too crazy about the setting, but it's hard to have much of an opinion right now since there was no gameplay. Also the host guy on the live stream is insufferable.

I mostly play black ops 3 (owned BF4 premium since launch at PC but haven't played in months) and really liked the COD Infinite trailer, but holy shit Battlefield 1 trailer blows it the fuck off the map. Looks awesome as hell, cavalry charges and Knight mode machine gunner looks amazing.

Probably gonna buy it again on PC, the playerbase always seems strong and the visuals really shine on that platform. Hopefully they keep server browsers and don't move to quick join games only like many other FPS' have done.

Quotient

Trailer looked great but that is what the trailer is designed for. I'll wait for actual gameplay footage before i judge. Also it would be fantastic if it has a decent single player campaign.

I hope EA aren't going to screw over the platform that supports Battlefield more than most these days with exclusives for X1.

PlayStation is where most play, even more than PC.

Need to see proper footage of in game before getting excited, limited weaponry and vehicles of WW1 make it the weakest setting to me.

CHC

Probably setting myself up for disappointment but I sincerely hope they can squeeze a decent campaign into this, the setting is too good not to.

Liamario

Banned
I mean.. it plays like a battlefield game... not sure what he mystery would be

I've never played a WW1 fps before. So my concern lies with the guns and how they handle, the melee combat. Is it going to play like battlefield or is going to be something different.

nOoblet16

We haven't had a big (or even mid tier) WW1 game ever really, but I have to see gameplay first, which is probably going to be similar to previous BF but let's see how it works out with the old weapons from that era.

By the way the name is RIDICULOUS ! BF1 wtf? Just because it's WW1? lol

Earlier we had games dropping every number and subtitle, (NFS: Hot Pursuit, Medal of Honour etc etc), then we had Xbox One (atleast the One wasn't a numerical)...now we have straight up Battlefield 1 ! Some guys really don't get it.

MiguelItUp

Battlefield (Day) 1. The name is the most bizarre thing to me, I mean, even after them explaining it. I feel like calling it "Battlefield:(1914-1918)" would've been a cool homage to 1942, and probably a bit more fitting.

All in for Battlefield this year though, I normally bite at COD and BF the same year. But THIS has my attention, the other not so much.

Top Bottom