• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Reveal Trailer, PC/PS4/XB1, Oct 21st [Up2: Screens, Info, Open Beta]

Inside

Day 1 no doubt. Don't know why people questions the graphics? It looks very close to battlefront which was a beautiful game

Hoje0308

Banned
The graphics look fantastic and Battlefield MP is my favorite way to blast people online, but I'm not excited about another mediocre to awful campaign from DICE.

Scotia

Banned
AnotherIgnorantBlacknorwegianelkhound.gif

Amazing. I'm so happy right now.

And this is a bad thing? What did you want out of a WWI game?
Something more akin to a first person This War of Mine atmosphere for a WWI game. Grueling day to day survival, sneaking out at night to clear barb wire, getting to know your trench mates, hopeless charges, etc.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
The engine certainly does look great, now I would also like to see what it looks like in-game.
Show us some gameplay, the game is supposed to be released this year!

Most DICE games have near identical live gameplay to their "in-engine" footage.

Something more akin to a first person This War of Mine. Grueling day to day survival, sneaking out at night to clear barb wire, getting to know your trench mates, hopeless charges, etc.

That's not at all Battlefield though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Surfinn

The setting has me excited. I just didn't think this was really good. With a reveal stream like this I kinda hoped for some proper gameplay footage.

Right and I'm disappointed we didn't get gameplay, but this trailer was supposed to give us an impression of where they are going with the franchise, and it looks damn promising.

Gowans

Wow! Can't wait, something new and lofi.

Will sit nicely with BF4 instead over overwriting it.
Also sits nicely with Battlefront and Titanfall.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Something more akin to a first person This War of Mine atmosphere for a WWI game. Grueling day to day survival, sneaking out at night to clear barb wire, getting to know your trench mates, hopeless charges, etc.

Have you looked into that Verdun game? It's pretty much what you want.

B.O.O.M

I love that they are going back to the WW1 setting.

But I do have to say I don't understand the better than COD comments. How? Visually sure. But anything else they look about same to me. One is going to space the other back in time. Both settings have been explored well before and I'm sure both will have unique takes on weapons etc. (hopefully)

Hell I think overall CoD Sp campaigns have been shit for the most part but they are still miles better than BF.

The best WW1/2 games were the Medal of Honor games of old...damn I miss them :( I have no faith in DICE doing this setting justice

Battlefield 1 has been announced and as rumours suggest is based on World War 1. The video shown below includes all in-engine footage, and as revealed at the end, you can play it first on Xbox One through EA Access.

During the game you'll fight as infantry or take control of vehicles on land, air and sea, from the tanks and bikes on the ground, to biplanes and gigantic battleships.

Here's some further details:

- Epic 64-Player Multiplayer Battles - Team up with your friends and join in the most epic multiplayer battles in FPS history with up to 64 players fighting as infantry or piloting vehicles ranging from tanks and bikes on the ground to biplanes and gigantic battleships.
- Experience the Dawn of All-out War – Be a part of the greatest battles ever known to man. From the heavily defended Alps to the scorching deserts of Arabia, war is raging on an epic scale on land, air and sea as you witness the birth of modern warfare
- Earth-shattering Intuitive Destruction - With intuitive destruction, no battle is ever the same. Destroy vehicles big and small and demolish entire buildings. From tiny wooden houses to massive stone forts, even the grounds on which you’re fighting can be blasted apart.
- War Stories from the Far Edges of the World - Discover a world at war through an adventure-filled campaign that captures the variety of a global conflict through the eyes of several different characters all united by this first, modern war.

Pre-ordering Battlefield 1 will get you the Battlefield 1 Hellfighter Pack containing themed items inspired by the heroic Harlem Hellfighter infantry regiment. This also includes 7 days early access to a map released later in 2016.

The Harlem Hellfighters was one of the toughest infantry regiments in the Great War.

This pack contains unique unlocks inspired by their heroic deeds.

- Hellfighter Trench Shotgun – Combat battered shotgun, etched with the Hellfighter insignia and “Men of Bronze” on the receiver and the unit number 369th on the barrel along with the carving “Go Forward or Die France 1918” on the wooden stock
- Hellfighter M1911 – Reliable and timeless sidearm still used in action today affectionately called "old slabsides", etched with the Hellfighter insignia on the breech and "Men of Bronze" on the muzzle.
- Hellfighter Bolo Knife – Fearsome blade etched with the Hellfighter regiment number 369ththat makes your enemy feel homesick at first sight.
- Hellfighter Insignia – Wear this emblem to show your belonging to the elite Hellfighter unit and-in-still fear on the Battlefield.

Battlefield 1 will be available from Oct 21st, 2016 on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

More info

singhr1

A more realistic approach to the war? Instead of a holywood approach.

You're not gonna get that in a Battlefield game though. What gave you any indication that DICE/EA would go in a realistic direction. They didn't do it with modern war, cops, and WW2. It's fun and destruction

Surfinn

Something more akin to a first person This War of Mine. Grueling day to day survival, sneaking out at night to clear barb wire, getting to know your trench mates, hopeless charges, etc.

That's not what Battlefield is.. at all. Why would they reinvent a formula that has worked for the franchise for so long?

Ludist210

It looks good, but so did Battlefront...and that wore thin for me quickly.

I'm not saying pass, but I want to know about the content before I decide on whether or not I purchase this one.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
They're actually calling it "Battlefield 1." :/

And it's WW1... :/

Thanks, DICE. But I'll see you in five years, I guess.
Watch them actually get Rush mode right for once. *sigh*

Starfield

I can't wait to put dynamite on my horse and ride into a plane exploding myself into virmire.

only in Battlefield

sjsteuck

Neo Member
This looks great.
But correct me if I'm wrong. Weren't most of the battles in WWI fought in the trenches and no man's land? People put on the front lines were likely going to die?
This looks way more action-packed than it probably was in reality.
I know, it's just a game. And seeing World War I was 100 years ago, nobody can truly be offended. But it just seems, well, wrong.

Arex

nice trailer but that abomination of dub step music really doesn't fit.. should've used the original battlefield theme :|

Top Bottom