• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Reveal Trailer, PC/PS4/XB1, Oct 21st [Up2: Screens, Info, Open Beta]

Waiting on the gameplay/game details. Visually looks cool, though. Still, not fucking around with EA this time. Will wait until after release.

raven777

AnotherIgnorantBlacknorwegianelkhound.gif

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
More gameplay please. I am definitely leaning toward this than the typical COD.

Tankard

Yeah, my excitement is for the setting, because this reveal is pretty much bullshit, weeks of hype for a reveal event that showed 1 minute of video and not even gameplay.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I hope we get MP footage soon. It looked very nice but give me gameplay footage dice!!

Woo-Fu

Banned
First week, nothing but noobs ramming their biplanes into the dirigible when it proves to be the quickest way to down it.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Fun Fact:

The developers of Codename Eagle made the original prototype of Battlefield 1942, and DICE bought them outright to make it.

Many of those developers are still at DICE. This looks A LOT like Codename Eagle, which was an amazing multiplayer game for it's time that barely anyone played. It was one of the first to have a battlefield with soldiers, tanks, zepplins and airplanes that could all be driven by the players:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYNbTC5EPv8

Reveal trailers are usually 10 minutes of gameplay?

Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 did.

Anyways, the trailer looks impressive. But so far, it's falling into the trappings that Star Wars Battlefront fell into when it was properly revealed at Star Wars Celebration last year. What it showed last year was in-engine footage. And it looked impressive. But I wanted to see actual gameplay then and there. Unfortunately, we had to wait for E3 before we saw gameplay.

I wanna see the meat of it. I want to see gameplay. If you're capable of showing gameplay, you show it now. Also, whoever thought of including that Seven Nation Army "cover" (airquotes) deserves a slap on the wrist.

All nice and everything, really happy we get a new setting finally but show something. Even the CoD event years ago showed several pieces of gameplay.

FeD.nL

They've at least set the stage and distanced themselves from MW and future bullshit. Looks like a classic Indiana Jones adventure type setting to me, which is awesome.

The setting has me excited. I just didn't think this was a really good trailer. With a reveal stream like this I kinda hoped for some proper gameplay footage.

Liamario

Banned
Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 did.

Anyways, the trailer looks impressive. But so far, it's falling into the trappings that Star Wars Battlefront fell into when it was properly revealed at Star Wars Celebration last year. What it showed last year was in-engine footage. And it looked impressive. But I wanted to see actual gameplay then and there. Unfortunately, we had to wait for E3 before we saw gameplay.

I wanna see the meat of it. I want to see gameplay. If you're capable of showing gameplay, you show it now.

Yep. Just show someone playing the game please. The trailer tells me nothing really.

Top Bottom