• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 - Xbox One Impressions + Bonus XB1 Controller Impressions & Vid

chugen

some people love the 360 controller
some people hate it

some people love the xb1 controller
some people hate it

i did not see that coming.

Well I really hope they get this fixed before launch but it is a really close window for them now. I mean does not games go gold about a month before release usually. It can probably be an old build but then why show it in this state with lag and other problems.

The feel of a controller is so individual. One may hate it another may love it so I will wait until I personally gets to try it out.

deandreohmy.gif

Bsigg12

I can't agree with a single thing said about the feel of the controller. The way it sits in your hand is a little different but it's really comfortable. We weren't playing anything though, a rep just had a controller with him at our meeting last week.

KoopaTheCasual

Seems that this impression is much more about the controller than the Xbox One BF4. I've heard several accounts of gaffers and journalists saying they prefer the X360 pad over the new one, but I've never seen a review this harsh about the new controller =/

Kysen

Check out the controller vid on his YT channel, looks like the gap between triggers is minimal. Doesn't look good. There was no mistaking triggers on the 360 pad, why they changed this I don't know.

All the public beta versions of the game across all versions either run like shit or look like shit. It is worrying in general

Yeah, I think this might be one to pass on as they seem to be rushing it for release. BF5 will probably be what BF4 should have been.

Vandiger

I'm confused how you can go from gold standard controller to something that is now love/hate. I gotta test this controller out.

Xevious

Banned
Guys, him not liking the controller is an opinion, not a fact. A very unpopular opinion at that.

It's a mixed bag. Some people think it's great, others aren't so happy about the changes.

Who else had a bad opinion of the controller? He's the first one I've ever heard of.

Hoo-doo

Banned
This is the first time I have read someone bad mouth the Xbox One controller. I think he/she is just not use to the changes from 360 controller yet. In any case I need more impression of said controller.

Where have you been? There have been plenty of less-than-glowing impressions of the XBO controller.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
This is the first time I have read someone bad mouth the Xbox One controller. I think he/she is just not use to the changes from 360 controller yet. In any case I need more impression of said controller.
Really? I've seen a bunch of GAF, usually after a big trade show.

KoopaTheCasual

Really funny how mixed the controller impressions have been. Some say it's much better than the 360 controller while others say it's much worse.

Makes me anticipate trying out the controller even more.

It probably means it's a bigger departure from the X360 than people were anticipating. People were probably all expecting a better version of the 360 pad, and they got something really different. Some people really love the new changes, some hate it. Circle of life and all that jazz.

Pain

Banned
Not even the first to complain about the Obe controller. MS should've stuck with the 360 design.

Bsigg12

We're 4 weeks out from demo kiosks being installed so anybody who hasn't had a chance may get an opportunity then.

I played Forza at PAX Prime and wasn't terribly impressed with the XBO controller. While I didn't notice the drastic differences stated in the OP, it just felt very "meh" in my hands. Nothing special, you know? Maybe that was because it's not a huge departure from the 360 controller?

input lag won't be a thing on decent tv's

can't think of a single controller in the last decade that had bad input lag

the rest though...

Who else had a bad opinion of the controller? He's the first one I've ever heard of.

Some impressions posted in various threads on here and other forums. I would search them out for you, but I'm too damn lazy at the moment. Really sorry, perhaps someone less of a lazy sod would be so kind as to search out the various impressions...

Thats fake right?? or is that real?? lmao is it the tv or the game?

It's legit apparently. I don't remember there being that much lag when I played it back in the day.

Running on dev-kits? Shouldn't they be using actual hardware at this point?

Only signed software runs on actual hardware. They will be showing off the game on dev kits until it goes gold and actual retail discs are pressed.

Also what they are showing now isn't necessarily where they are in development as of now. The builds they show are usually atleast a couple months old. There's a process which I can get extrapolate on if people are interested. I'm feeling lazy though.

Also ouch @ the xbox one controller comments. Considering that it may be my PC controller for the next decade that's a bit of a bummer.

I've played with the X1 controller at E3!! Rest assured it's AMAZING. DS4 is great too, but I prefer X1...

Also if anyone thinks they'll ship a game like the video posted, they're fooling themselves. There's OTHER videos on youtube that states the exact opposite. Saying the controller was great and the graphics are damn near the PC's highest settings.

BTM

Ya, I don't trust this guy's impression on the controller at all when I've heard the complete opposite from numerous amounts of reports.

jayu26

Where have you been? There have been plenty of less-than-glowing impressions of the XBO controller.

Really? I've seen a bunch of GAF, usually after a big trade show.

There were people concerned about somethings about it, but not out right hate it like this person.

It's legit apparently. I don't remember there being that much lag when I played it back in the day.

There isn't. I think it is the TV, but I could be wrong.

Daingurse

Didn't realize impressions on the Xbone controller were mixed. That was actually the one thing I thought Microsoft would handle without issue. I also much prefer the 360 pad to the DS3, overwhelming so. Did not really expect that . . .

Thats fake right?? or is that real?? lmao is it the tv or the game?
As far as I remember there was lag, but not anywhere near this bad as far as I remember. I should probably do a test on my own setup to compare. I'd laugh if it ended up actually being that bad.

Xevious

Banned
Didn't realize impressions on the Xbone controller were mixed. That was actually the one thing I thought Microsoft would handle without issue. I also much prefer the 360 pad to the DS3, overwhelming so. Did not really expect that . . .

That's because they're not.

Skeff

Somehow I doubt BF4's recent Xbox One showings are representative of the final product.

Shocking I know.

Its literally going gold this month....They'll be working hard on it, but remember it takes 4 weeks to sign, press and distribute a AAA game.

About the Dev kits, that's not an issue, games will still be shown on dev kits next E3 on both PS4 and XB1, It's just the way it works.

About the controller? I've heard it's a step back form the x360 controller, but it's still a very good controller. though I've only heard that form friends, Haven't had hands on myself yet.

I've used the pad.

Although it felt a bit small, the bumper complaint is a bit exaggerated. Plenty of space on the trigger itself.

Top Bottom