• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBo42

Already posted?

JcGK0hS.jpg

Actually a much better fit than I would have imagined.

Would actually looks like Year One Batman if they white out the eyes.

deadlast

Ben Affleck is friends with Kevin Smith. Kevin Smith knows Batman. If Kevin Smith coaches Ben Affleck on how to be Batman, Ben Affleck could be the best Batman to date.

Cheebo

Banned
Ben Affleck is friends with Kevin Smith. Kevin Smith knows Batman. If Kevin Smith coaches Ben Affleck on how to be Batman, Ben Affleck could be the best Batman to date.

Ben Affleck knows Batman comics as well mot likely. Smith is obsessed with Batman comics and has said before when he and Affleck lived together for a while in the 90's he got him into comics.

Ben Affleck knows Batman comics as well mot likely. Smith is obsessed with Batman comics and has said before when he and Affleck lived together for a while in the 90's he got him into comics.

He was talking about this on his most recent Hollywood Babble on podcast. Ben even built a panic room in his old house that opened up by a sliding bookcase like Batman's entrance to the Bat cave.

Blader

Affleck knows plenty about comics. Daredevil was actually something of a passion project for him, not just a paycheck.

Cheebo

Banned
Affleck knows plenty about comics. Daredevil was actually something of a passion project for him, not just a paycheck.

And he got into Daredevil through Kevin Smith who is a huge Daredevil fan. Affleck knows comics due to Smith who basically beat the hobby into his head.

Verendus

Banned
All I know is that if Ben Affleck is directing the next Batman movies, Batman will continue to be the best live action superhero. The Nolan Trilogy is amazing, and Affleck should be able to pull off some quality Batman movies too. I have confidence he can pull off something really good. I also think they should use this new series to bring in a modified Batman Beyond suit eventually. It's the perfect time for it, and then they can really go to the future and do an actual Batman Beyond movie eventually.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Ben Affleck is friends with Kevin Smith. Kevin Smith knows Daredevil. If Kevin Smith coached Ben Affleck on how to be Daredevil, Ben Affleck would be the best--- oh.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Wut? You clicked his link. It doesn't matter what stupid shit he says you just paid him. He wins no matter what you think.

Wow. Wins? Wins what? An extra page view? You think this is important? You ever click a link to something not good?

Why are you invested in this whatsoever? Fucking weirdo.

vio

Definitely part of the problem. To be fair, he gave us a pretty good performance of Ben Affleck.

The difference is that the MOS already set the tone, and we had also Batman Trilogy. He will play Batman/Bruce wayne more fitting to that. Daredevil movie`s tone was just silly and not serious. It also had weak script, action a lot of miscast actors etc...

I wish Karl Urban was Batman though but Affleck should be OK if rest of the movie is also.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
The difference is that the MOS already set the tone, and we had also Batman Trilogy. He will play Batman/Bruce wayne more fitting to that. Daredevil movie`s tone was just silly and not serious. It also had weak script, action a lot of miscast actors etc...

I wish Karl Urban was Batman though but Affleck should be OK if rest of the movie is also.

Precisely. Like I've said, I'm open to being surprised, just very doubtful it will happen. Karl Urban would've been an excellent choice.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I can see Urban as a decent Batman but not at all as Bruce Wayne.

Dany

Banned
The biggest issue for me with WB moving away from the nolan batman films is the score. The score for that trilogy was amazing/perfect. I'd assume Zimmer is back for this new film and I wonder if he'll use the same theme for batman

MisterHero

I feel bad that WB couldn't wait for a real teaser. Maybe something with a few shots of Clark Kent and Lex, and finally closing with a last second shot of Batman.

2 years is so far away!

After initially thinking they blew it, I'm super pumped to see him play the role now. Didn't really like MoS but maybe Batman can save Zac Snyder from himself and this movie in the process.

Grinchy

Banned
Really? That's the one thing a lot of people skeptical about his casting aren't worried about.

Strange, b/c that's the main thing I don't like about it. I didn't think Bale was an especially good Batman but I loved his Bruce Wayne. I just don't see Ben Affleck doing a good Bruce Wayne...

As great as Cranston is, I'm kind of tired of having old men Lex Luthors. Give me a young Lex who aspires to be both the mental AND physical peak of human perfection. Someone who can go toe to toe with Bruce Wayne in this case, or like an evil version of Tony Stark. Fassbender is still my dream pick. Don't even make him bald either. That's cheap.

inm8num2

As great as Cranston is, I'm kind of tired of having old men Lex Luthors. Give me a young Lex who aspires to be both the mental AND physical peak of human perfection. Someone who can go toe to toe with Bruce Wayne in this case, or like an evil version of Tony Stark. Fassbender is still my dream pick. Don't even make him bald either. That's cheap.

Other than Fassbender (is there anything for which he isn't suggested?) I'm on the same page.

People seem to view Lex Luthor as the best chance of essentially getting more Heisenberg type acting out of Cranston. As great as he is I don't think he's right for the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom