• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bernie Sanders Is the Most Popular Politician in America, Poll Says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not

Banned
Whites are like 65% of the population in the US. The demo is fine.

Multiple polls confirms he is the most popular politician. You may want to fight reality, perhaps?

And damn a lot of liberal salt in this thread. 2020 cant come soon enough.

Clinton wasn't a victim of the media. C'mon.

The media coverage of Trump was mostly negative.

The "republican smear machine" is the biggest boogeyman there is.

Son, if you don't think there's a concentrated effort in this country to target women and nonwhite people trying to attain power, I have a pretty good idea of the kind of "reality" you're so eager to safeguard.

Lothars

What you're saying is just not true. Even less on Neogaf. You only have to look at the daily threads remarking on the topic.
It is true, it's also true that there's some hilary fans that haven't but there's just as many bernie fans set on pretending he should have won the primary and he would have won the presidency which is not true. It's more two vocal groups on both sides that are loud. So what people have to do is figure out a way to work past them and get good candiates who should be running for president.

The more I read this poll the more I hate it;

Question: "Do you think we should allow North Korea to obtain nuclear weapons or do we need to stop North Korea from obtaining nuclear weapons?"

90% said "Need to stop North Korea from obtaining Nuclear Weapons."

Do these people not know that North Korea already has Nuclear Weapons???

51% agreed that Trump was right to condemn violence on all sides in Charlottesville. You serious? Well I suppose the options for answers were pretty bad. It's either you say he was right to blame all sides or he should have singled out white supremacists. I feel like the latter was the obvious choice.

There's a clear contingent on this website determined to blame Hilary Clinton and whitewash the primary and the follies at work with his campaign TODAY.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1423432
The opposite is also true, as I've said earlier. I wouldn't go so far as to say the entirety of Bernie's campaign failings were on the DNC, but they did not help. At all. And I've also said before, I voted for Hillary when it counted the most.

My problem is the people trying to be right instead of admitting what was done wrong. The DNC absolutely used their influence to deny Bernie's campaign media coverage. They wrote emails about it. All to protect their jobs and repay promises.

He should have campaigned in the south. He (probably) should have appealed to minorities. But the DNC also should have lead where the energy was, and the energy was with Bernie.

Or, I don't know, promote both candidates and let the people decide.

Uh, one of these things is an ongoing special counsel investigation.
I know. But it won't give Hillary the presidency. It will just replace a Hitler understudy with a staunch Republican.

Or, are you saying people don't still agonize over Russia's influence costing Hillary the election? I think that's an adequate parallel. (To DNC influencing the Primaries, if that wasn't clear.)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Post some examples. Name names.

I'm not going to take your word on it without a little proof

You won't get any examples, and neither will I.

It's why I tend to avoid these threads, it's so easy to demonize a group of people with your own perception. Then, when requested for examples to verify your assertion, just ignore them and continue living in your created perception, regardless of its accuracy.

I was a Hillary stan mainly because she worked closely with Obama and she probably would continue to improve upon what he set in stone. An Obama-lite 2.0 which is above and beyond what I'd hope to happen.

I think what Bernie wanted wasn't possible immediately but it's something that Dems could have worked towards gradually with Hillary in power over the next 8 years.

What bit the DNC in the butt was those few paranoid people who wanted to do whatever it took to get Hillary in power - I think the major reason being it looked like Bernie would lose badly to an incumbent Repub rival. Logically, that was a risk no one in the party (outside Bernie, obviously) wanted to take.

But because of those fears, I guess they just got sloppy and BAM - media found out and made Bernie look even better and Hillary look worse. Conservatives made this even more of a shit show because that was a fucking gold mine for them - to wear out your competition with hints of scandal and unfair play.

In other words, the fear of them losing badly actually made them lose anyway.

Looking back, someone in that party should have told them to chill back and instead promote a positive race and let the voters choose. I think then we'd have a much more passionate backing from both sides, merging as one, going into the Primary.

But that would take enormous amount of guts to do this with the shadow of that risk looking over you.

Or, I don't know, promote both candidates and let the people decide.

Pretty much this lol.

DNC wanted the win so badly that they lost sight of everything else. I honestly can't blame them but I'm still working off an assumption - I think both sides will feel more closure if they came clean, admit fault to being biased and explain their reasoning why. If their reasoning is the same as my assumption, I think gradually people will be okay with that admission of fault.

Or it'll look horribly bad on them for the short term. I wouldn't know what to do - which is why I am NOT in politics :)

I'll tell you one thing, the DNC needs to change it's primary rules. I know it sucks and even undemocratic but states like Texas, Louisana, Mississippi etc. should not be considered the same in deciding who the Dem nominee is as blue/swing states. States need to be weighted based on how much they voted Dem in previous general election. Hell maybe even weigh the swing states the most.

Uhhh no.

DarkKyo

In fact, I love Bernie. He was our best choice for President. Doesn't mean I'm going to listen to that ever-present urge in every dude to blame the woman in the scenario over everyone else.

Speaking as a Sanders supporter, Clinton got a much worse rap than she actually was. She would have made a great president and her reputation was for some reason much worse than her record and career deserved. However I can say that she and the DNC definitely didn't help her cause with some of the weird decisions they made. I couldn't roll my eyes hard enough when they did that big glass-ceiling breaking graphic at the end of the primaries.. good lord. And planning a fireworks ceremony for her election win months in advance? They were waaaay too overconfident and arrogant thinking the hard part(defeating Sanders) was over.

So there is at least some blame to be had by Clinton and company.

kirblar

I'll tell you one thing, the DNC needs to change it's primary rules. I know it sucks and even undemocratic but states like Texas, Louisana, Mississippi etc. should not be considered the same in deciding who the Dem nominee is as blue/swing states. States need to be weighted based on how much they voted Dem in previous general election. Hell maybe even weigh the swing states the most.
You are literally proposing to disfranchise minority voters.

Those Dem voters in Alabama, Mississippi? They're not getting another opportunity to weigh in in the general!

Laieon

This sounds like a terrible idea.

Well looking at Dems before 1968 and after..... I'm not saying to go back to that though. But there clearly needs to be some sort of compromise because letting people who won't decide your president, decide your candidate, is not a very good system either. It's not good for the party or the country.

Edit: The real solution here is to abolish the electoral college and this fixes itself. But until that happens....

What else do you think happened in and around say oh 1964-1968?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
The hell am I reading here?

The hell am I reading here?
Pretty straight forward, they want an undemocratic process to elect the candidate because their unicorn lost. They think all that should matter is the swing states, cause apparently that is all that matters.

Shit why even have an election.

And people say there was a coronation of Hillary... Edit phone.

Easy to be popular when you don't have any actual power/responsibilities.

Shit like this is why I'm glad Sanders lost.

You are literally proposing to disfranchise minority voters.

Those Dem voters in Alabama, Mississippi? They're not getting another opportunity to weigh in in the general!

Huh? Why couldn't they vote in the general? This is about Dem voters/Rep voters. Not minorities. Pretty sure more minorities live in blue/purple states and most red ones are overwhelming white. If anything this would be disenfranchising white voters. In fact I'm pretty sure that nationwide this would make the minority vote count more.

What else do you think happened in and around say oh 1964-1968?

I meant the Democratic nominees themselves not the party. And not with their lack of ability to win either. They are less visionary and more pandering.

They can and do. It does not matter because they're in solid red states.

Ergo, the Democratic Primary is literally the only say they ever have in a president!

But that's still no say. They voted for a candidate who happened to win later at best. Not a good reason to cripple your nomination process for the sake of ideological purity.

Ekai

Frankly, this is right wing brainwashing at work. Thanks for playing into their hands. You're right shit won't ever change if everyone had this attitude.

E'yup. Don't quite agree with everything you've posted but this is about on point.

What you're saying is just not true. Even less on Neogaf. You only have to look at the daily threads remarking on the topic.

Also true.

Also claiming that Hillary supporters from the primary are golden children yet Bernie supporters constantly bring up the primary (when there's constant threads to shit on Bernie/anyone who supported him in the primary). It's ridiculous how much it requires one to not acknowledge what is right there.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
But that's still no say. They voted for a candidate who happened to win later at best. Not a good reason to cripple your nomination process for the sake of ideological purity.

We are not talking about the actions of Bernie and his Supporters at the DNC.

Suikoguy

Also true.

Also claiming that Hillary supporters from the primary are golden children yet Bernie supporters constantly bring up the primary (when there's constant threads to shit on Bernie/anyone who supported him in the primary). It's ridiculous how much it requires one to not acknowledge what is right there.

You are going to provide examples too right?

Ekai

You are going to provide examples too right?

I mean, there's practically a thread a day at times that's created to shit on Bernie and anyone who supported him. What else is there to say here? To act like Hillary supporters are perfect as jack package implies and that only Bernie supporters bring up the primary requires one to actively erase history/ignore the OT as it's happening. It should fucking stop regardless but rather than discuss how to handle right-wing extremism I just see garbage like this. And often denial of the garbage while it's happening.

Suikoguy

I mean, there's practically a thread a day that's created to shit on Bernie and anyone who supported him. What else is there to say here? To act like Hillary supporters are perfect as jack package implies and that only Bernie supporters bring up the primary requires one ot actively erase history/ignore the OT as it's happening.

The argument was that there are many Clinton supporters who won't admit her campaign made mistakes.

So far, no examples have been given.

Since you apparently did not read the post that was quoting:

I don't see how its ironic. After November 8th, the people who supported Hillary accepted that while there were issues outside her control (unfair media coverage, Russia) but she and her campaign made serious miscalculations in strategy that cost them the white house.

Meanwhile the "DNC rigged the primary/Bernie was a perfect saint" shit is still continuing.

I mean, there's practically a thread a day that's created to shit on Bernie and anyone who supported him. What else is there to say here? To act like Hillary supporters are perfect as jack package implies and that only Bernie supporters bring up the primary requires one ot actively erase history/ignore the OT as it's happening.

Post examples of these threads

Ekai

The argument was that there are many Clinton supporters who won't admit her campaign made mistakes.

So far, no examples have been given.

The argument was that Bernie supporters bring up the primary all the time yet Hillary supporters are practically golden in comparison. That's blatantly false as it requires one to ignore the facts as they are unfolding. It's nothing more than ego-boosting which, again, requires one to ignore reality in order to act like they're superior in some fashion. It's annoying on multiple grounds as it's just flat out false and just rings hollow when it's literally a way to bring up the primary yet again.

Wait people actually think people on Neogaf were generally more positive about Bernie vs Hillary? They clearly have a very warped remembrance of what most political threads looked like, and the responses Bernie supporters received.

digdug2k

At some point of argument #132374 there will be an idea and people align and start working together. The sooner we get to 132374 the better - the worst is to argue about this during an election lol
I don't really think this will happen. I mean, half of the Democratic party hates the Democratic party. They think its corrupt. They think its racist. They literally ran a campaign this year that was "The party is corrupt and racist, and they're just pandering when they say they aren't. Also they hate LGBT rights, but they're just pretending they don't for your vote".

How do you get together and align on that? We're basically fucked forever. I've given up at this point. The far left can have the party. I don't really care. I just don't want fucking nazi's running shit. But I don't think the far-left really wants it either. i.e. being "in charge" is going to mean making unpopular decisions from time to time, at which point they'll turn on themselves and burn the whole thing down again.

Wait people actually think people on Neogaf were generally more positive about Bernie vs Hillary? They clearly have a very warped remembrance of what most political threads looked like, and the responses Bernie supporters received.
Not even going to deny it. But would you agree that since the election the overwhelming majority of Hillary supporters have accepted her defeat and are moving on? All the while each time Clinton or Bernie is mentioned all we hear is how he would have won. Shits beyond old.

y2dvd

Both the Hillary and Bernie camps were bad. How 'bout dat!

Anyways I side with Bernie and hopes his platform continues to gain momentum in future elections whether he or his "successor" decides to run.

Ekai

Making vast generalizations, regardless of their accuracy, is far easier.

Or you can just ignore popular OT threads as they unfold day in and day out. Hell, some of you are the OPs of these threads. Some of you have even posted actively in the threads I'm referencing.

Please tell me even more about how vile Bernie supporters from the fricking primary were and how often they bring up the primary around here while acting like you're some sort of paragon of morality in all of this.

Lol I wish it were that cut and dry.

I'm just saying, to deny that these threads exist is to deny basic reality.

Ekai

Y'all are obsessed with rehashing this

It's going to be a long eight years :(

I constantly tell these people we need to focus on fighting right-wing extremism but they'd rather attack people who preferred Bernie in a primary while acting like it's us who are obsessed with the primary.

Suikoguy

Or you can just ignore popular OT threads as they unfold day in and day out. Hell, some of you are the OPs of these threads. Some of you have even posted actively in the threads I'm referencing.

Please tell me even more about how vile Bernie supporters from the fricking primary were and how often they bring up the primary around here while acting like you're some sort of paragon of morality in all of this.

If there are so many, you must be able to easily find a few examples...

Guess not.

Wilson, FDR, Truman, Stevenson, Kennedy vs McGovern, Carter, Mondale, Dukkakis, Clinton, Kerry, Obama.

What lineup are you going with?

Who were they pandering too...

And again what happened in 1964-1968 that might have made it more difficult for Dems to win? Since I have to assume you are saying the primary system post 1968 is why the Dems don't win as much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom