• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk Musou (PS4/PC/Vita in the West) has first images shared by store flyer, info

KingConan

I wasn't talking about that, but this. It can have a thousand different characters and moves, if you can't butcher enemies there is just no point for me.

I'm with you there, but I can't see any severed body parts on that picture in the OP. I guess we'll have to wait until thursday for the Guts gameplay trailer.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
And the only good one.

Please tell us again why? You did a wonderful job last time :/

I'm still in love with Beserk, but inside I fear the series peaked in the Golden Age.
Everything past that has almost become Shonen tier progression.

You are joking with this right? Do you read shonen's? That is one of the last description I'd use for Berserk. Its turned into high fantasy and a bit of JRPG party story line but its hardly been Shonen quality material. This isn't One Piece or Naruto or Bleach... etc. you get me.

E-flux

You are joking with this right? Do you read shonen's? That is one of the last description I'd use for Berserk. Its turned into high fantasy and a bit of JRPG party story line but its hardly been Shonen quality material. This isn't One Piece or Naruto or Bleach... etc. you get me.

I wouldn't call it shonen but it has become a lot lighter in tone, and that's a good thing at least for now. Though i have a feeling that "soon" the series is going to take a dive into the depths again.

Grief.exe

The last Koei port was actually pretty solid, hopefully they continue that trend.

Koei actuality included options for increasing the resolution past 1080p, wow.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't call it shonen but it has become a lot lighter in tone, and that's a good thing at least for now. Though i have a feeling that "soon" the series is going to take a dive into the depths again.

It has become lighter in tone *again*. The Golden Age Arc (as the name implies) wasn't really dark, it only went down at the end of the arc and stayed that way for a while but it's gotten lighter again. Honestly I don't know how the series would be if it stayed in the Black Swordsman arc style (especially the first three volumes), that would be a total different manga.

Said almost, and I'd agree you don't exactly get a Shonen vibe from it, but you can't deny that as the series has gone on, it's lost some of the more organic story structure that I fell in love with when first following the series.

Galang

Banned
Lol at the golden age arc again...This won't sell enough for them to make a second game. Sad I won't get to use my girl Farnese ever :(

http://www.play-asia.com/berserk-au...i-s-berserk-game-aims-to-keep-the-ga/5f/747xd

Is Mr. Miura interested in the game adaptation of his creation?

Koinuma: Since we announced Koei will be working on a Berserk Warriors, Mr. Miura has sent us a New Years Postcard every single year haha. Mr. Miura is a man grounded in reality and he really wanted the Warriors feeling to remain, but with a Berserk flair, he's even supervised the creation of the game from the very start.

What CERO rating are you aiming for?

Koinuma: Our policy at Koei is that we will never release a Z rating (18+) game and like "Fist of the North Star" before we managed to get a CERO D (17+) rating.
Probably means they're going for a CERO D.

Will you be taking over bases similar to the regular Warriors games?

Koinuma: Since that does not happen in the Berserk story, we are instead making it more Berserk-like by making the battles resemble the original material.

HStallion

Said almost, and I'd agree you don't exactly get a Shonen vibe from it, but you can't deny that as the series has gone on, it's lost some of the more organic story structure that I fell in love with when first following the series.

I'd actually argue that its returning to the Golden Age structure where Guts isn't an absolute piece of shit and even seems fairly happy. He's got a well established team of bad asses and is actually got a whole retinue of people now that he has the ship and crew and who know's who he will pick up on the Elf Island or what is even gonna go down there. Though knowing what the Beast foreshadowed would happen when it takes control of him again we could be up for some real real ugly stuff.

HStallion

For playable characters I can see a list consisting of:

Guts
Griffith
Casca
Zodd
Skull Knight
Silat
Judea
Pippin
Maybe Corkus though he's a whiny bitch
Wyald if he is in the game since they don't seem to ever like to feature him... though I guess its for good reason hah

After that I'm not sure. I picked iconic characters and ones that would be interesting to play and would probably show up considering what story arcs this game seems to be covering. I suppose they could go crazy and do a lot of the smaller characters like Adon and Samson and the like just to pad out the character list.

ffvorax

Wow looks good!
Now the question is... how far does the game go with the story?

In other words... we will se the Berserker armour? (could be so fucking fun to use it...)

And... is 21.9 the release date? If yes, JAP/NA/EU?

Going importo if there is too much to wait... :Q.....

Z3M0G

The genre might be a natural fit... but I'm still not a fan of it. I hope it can compliment the subject matter well, somehow...

It's not what I hoped for in a Berserk game...

kitsuneyo

The ending of the first Berserk anime series really repulsed me. Not liking seeing imagery from those final episodes on the flyer. Not trying to spoil anyone else's enjoyment, and I'm sure the game will be good since musou is a perfect fit, but I don't think I could play this.

Erigu

Can he actually tear them to shreds like in the PS2 game or is it kiddyfied because Musou?
They said there would be no dismemberment (at least not in the Japanese version, CERO D and all that), although they're hoping they'll manage to do something for non-human enemies.

EDIT: Based on the original interview (which was poorly translated by Play-Asia above... they weren't talking about "cut content", you guys!), it seems it should be be fine for monsters, really. Just not for humans.

Nattan

They said there would be no dismemberment (at least not in the Japanese version, CERO D and all that), although they're hoping they'll manage to do something for non-human enemies.
Aww... Berserk really needs some flying grey matter and body parts. Still, it is great to see a new game coming.

HStallion

Well its already a lame Berserk adaptation in one manner hah.

The Dink

For playable characters I can see a list consisting of:

Guts
Griffith
Casca
Zodd
Skull Knight
Silat
Judea
Pippin
Maybe Corkus though he's a whiny bitch
Wyald if he is in the game since they don't seem to ever like to feature him... though I guess its for good reason hah

The story will probably go further than that since one of the screenshots is Guts in Berserker Armor clashing with Grunbeld in human form. Whether this is a part of story mode or just like a special fast-forward scenario remains to be seen but it certainly gives the impression we may be seeing more than just the usual Golden Age stuff.

For characters I'd like to see:
Golden Age Guts
Black Swordsman Guts
Berserker Armor Guts (More than likely they'll split him up like this)
Golden Age Griffith
God Hand Griffith (Hopefully without an option to play a certain scenario)
Golden Age Casca
Judeau (Hell yeah)
Pippin (Heller yeah)
Corkus (Meh)
Rickert (Possibly Golden Age version but will probably not be in)
Puck (Might not be in because he's so small, but I think it'd be a blast)
Serpico (Hellest yeah)
Schierke (Might not be in for turning up later, but I hope she makes it)
Isidro (A different playstyle but might not be in)
Farnese (Rather have Serpico or Schierke but she's cool enough)
Zodd (Human form at least. They just have to)
Boscogn (Probably the best choice for a playable Golden Age villain that isn't Zodd)
Adon (Meh, probably just see Zodd and Boscogn)
Silat (Hopefully they don't cut him)
Skull Knight (He has to be in right?...right?)
Godo (Not likely)
Snake Baron
Count
Rosine
Mozgus
Grunbeld (If we get playable apostles other than Zodd for any of the above that is)
Any of the Godhand other than Griffith (Doubtful)

Characters I don't want to see:
Post-Eclipse Casca (This...this would just be in bad taste)
Bazuso (The guy Guts kills at the start of Golden Age)
Donovan (No...just no)
Gambino (Too much of an asshole)
Samson (Too much of a nobody)
Julius (Never even fights)
Gennon (FUCK this guy)
Wyald (His scenes get cut so much I'm really not holding my breath)

More than likely we'll just see mainly Golden Age stuff with some glimpses of further chapters...but a man can dream.

sol740

I so badly want this to be good. I always build at least one Guts lookalike in the Souls games, and play pretend demonslayer.

Grief.exe

Should I pull the trigger? I've never read manga/comics.

1ngJdZS.jpg

HStallion

Should I pull the trigger? I've never read manga/comics.

1ngJdZS.jpg

Even if you buy one volume a month you'd need over 3 years just to catch up to the material that has currently been released. Within 3 years time hopefully we'd have 3 more volumes... ahem...

FUCK THIS

fucking Golden Age again ugh

Dreamcast game was a side story. PS2 game was Millennium Falcom. We've never had a game cover Golden Age yet?

Someone tweeted more details:

#Berserk Warriors dev progress is 70% as of this week. First print incentive is an extra costume for Casca drenched in water.
-#Berserk Warriors has 2 directors 川合大 Kawai & 河原淳 Kawahara (can't determine their firstnames yet), both of them follow Berserk for long.
-The reason why there are 2 directors for #Berserk Warriors is because Producer Koinuma is very busy now that he's also COO of Koei Tecmo.
-Many moves from original #Berserk works are being assigned to △ (Charge) attacks in Berserk Warriors
-Guts' sub-weapon will unlock accordingly as story progresses in #Berserk Warriors. In Golden Age arc he doesn't have prosthetic arm yet.
-Once Guts has his prosthetic arm in #Berserk Warriors he'll be able to do things like shooting cannons. Also the Berserker Armor is in.
-Giant bosses in #Berserk Warriors are being handled in a different approach from Zelda/Hyrule Warriors.
-#Berserk Warriors will also include some footages of the 2012 movie version in the game. Game size is approaching PS4 BD disc space limit.
-Koei Tecmo will be releasing #Berserk Warriors for #PS3 in Digital-only in Japan. Yes, even Japan gets Digital-only.
-Schierke is also shown in #Berserk Warriors 1st Famitsu batch. Game's storyline confirmed at least from Golden Age to Schierke's appearance.
-First confirmed locations in #Berserk Warriors
剣の丘 Hill of Swords
ゾッドの間 Zodd's Space
魔女の館 Witch's Mansion
バズーソ城 Bazuso Castle

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/745239101608079365
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/745240058806972417
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/745240229884289025
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/745240753517957120
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/745241135371583489
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/745241322626289664
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/745241836399190018
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/745242084525772801
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/745263356613791745
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/745264292698611713
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/745266367062937600

My favorite part of the story is definitely the later stuff with the Berserker armor, Schierke, Griffith's apostle band, etc. Disappointed this probably won't touch on them - Schierke and Serpico are my favorite characters, next to Guts! - but I'll hold out hope for a sequel.

EDIT: Sounds like Schierke is in!

Matthew23

While a western release is planned across PlayStation 4, PS Vita, and PC, a release window has not been announced.

This means I will get to play too, very nice.

Love the anime/manga and haven't played a Berserk game since SoTB on Dreamcast ages ago.

OVDRobo

First print incentive is an extra costume for Casca drenched in water.

Yeah. I'm not usually one to call things like this out, but with the combination of the promo poster, first trailer and stuff like this... this seems pretty tasteless.

Especially considering how Casca ends up after the events of the eclipse.

cireza

Keio Tecmo is apparently considering a Xbox version of the game for the West. I hope that they will do this.

Top Bottom