• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk Musou (PS4/PS3/Vita) teaser trailer announced for Japan, site opens June 23rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcz117chief

Yup. When I saw Black Swordsman arc I wasn't really expecting it but that may just be my ignorance for when the arcs split. So pumped!

Maybe they consider the Black Swordsman arc up until the point when Guts is stopped being called the Black Swordsman...

which means never ;)

I wonder if there is any chance for an English dub. Whenever I hear Guts I can only hear Marc Diraison. The Japanese dub can't touch him.
I desperately want the dub actors more in every Berserk property going forward, but I think both this and the cg show are likely a huge step down in budget from the movies, and probably aren't likely to have the cash to invest in a proper vocal localization.

I know I'm being a nerd snob, but I'd kinda rather there be no english VO than a half-hearted cheaper dub with different actors.

Our first screenshots are here.

85eBU1E.jpg

Hawk of Light Griffith

Berserker armor Guts vs Grunbeld

Zodd

Game looks beautiful.

Im sooooo HYPE.

OMG!!! MAXIMUM HYPE!!!

ZW84u0h.gif

mcz117chief

I desperately want the dub actors more in every Berserk property going forward, but I think both this and the cg show are likely a huge step down in budget from the movies, and probably aren't likely to have the cash to invest in a proper vocal localization.

I know I'm being a nerd snob, but I'd kinda rather there be no english VO than a half-hearted cheaper dub with different actors.

I definitely agree with that. Either Marc Diraison or nothing. But considering the fact that Marc is not a high profile actor at all, I am confident they could get him on board, same goes for Kevin Collins who voices Griffith, their voices are the Berserk, I can't imagine an English dub without them.

Also, Carrie Keranen for Casca
and Mike Pollock for Adon :p

He's the white and mostly black swordsman after his fight with Grunbeld

Not many people are privy to that information though :)

VertPin

TRAILER WHEN?

Also, are Serpico and Farnese going to be in this? I'm not for sure if the game is just the golden arc, or the golden arc + the conviction arc...

PLZ cover the conviction arc.

dan2026

TRAILER WHEN?

Also, are Serpico and Farnese going to be in this? I'm not for sure if the game is just the golden arc, or the golden arc + the conviction arc...

PLZ cover the conviction arc.

They would have to be surely.

Isn't one of the hallmarks of a Musou game loads of playable characters?
And it isn't like Berserk has a ton of fighting good guys to play as.

The Orz

You people are nuts--Guts is Nobutoshi Canna all the way! Granted, I'm biased since I also like his work as Maxi (Soul Calibur), Tasuki (Fushigi Yuugi), and...um...Basara (Macross 7).

Alright, maybe not Basara. He was also Knuckles in Sonic Adventure, which is pretty hilarious when you think about it.

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say we're going to get Hiroaki Iwanaga, though.

I definitely agree with that. Either Marc Diraison or nothing. But considering the fact that Marc is not a high profile actor at all, I am confident they could get him on board, same goes for Kevin Collins who voices Griffith, their voices are the Berserk, I can't imagine an English dub without them.

Also, Carrie Keranen for Casca
and Mike Pollock for Adon :p
I know that the show is near and dear to Michael Sinterniklaas's heart because it was one of his first big directing gigs, and literally the first jobs outside of theater for Kevin and Carrie. They'd all probably do it in a heartbeat if it was remotely economically viable, so it's just a matter of figuring out the strange abstract way to Koei or whoever that there's value in spending the extra money for them.

sensui-tomo

I know that the show is near and dear to Michael Sinterniklaas's heart because it was one of his first big directing gigs, and literally the first jobs outside of theater for Kevin and Carrie. They'd all probably do it in a heartbeat if it was remotely economically viable, so it's just a matter of figuring out the strange abstract way to Koei or whoever that there's value in spending the extra money for them.

I hope they get a dub in this game but i doubt it, last dubbed musou we got was dynasty warriors 8 complete edition, unless we count the narrator for Hyrule warriors. Kinda surprised Koei Tecmo's gone this route

I hope they get a dub in this game but i doubt it, last dubbed musou we got was dynasty warriors 8 complete edition, unless we count the narrator for Hyrule warriors. Kinda surprised Koei Tecmo's gone this route

Well, if even the Attack on Titan game is just subbed chances are that this game is also going to just have Japanese audio.

LaneDS

Still bitter about never getting the PS2 game (terrible as it is) localized, so I'm probably going to import this and cross my fingers it eventually makes it over.

Those faces look awful but I'll wait for better screenshots to judge. Feeling pretty pumped about this - only recently started reading Berserk and I'm hoping this turns out well.

Lynx_7

I feel like Berserk deserves much better than yet another run-of-the-mill musou title, but I'll keep an open mind about it. Anything Berserk is at least worth checking out.

So guys, Guts vs Grunbeld will be insane.

And some trivia about Grunbeld for Anime only Berserk fans:
....he became famous during the One Hundred Year War, holding alone a small northern country against 3,000 enemies.

MAXIMUM HYPE

Astral Dog

I dont think the faces look bad 😕
At least the model on that scan.

Also, i thought people were not too fond of Musuos, seems i was wrong game looks ok.

hmm I would have expected a few cutoff limbs in that screenshot if it were to be as gore as those ps2 games. I hope they make it as gore as they possibly can, I mean it's a Berserk game where the main weilds a huge sword tha should cut through everything or almost.

Bebpo

Banned

....he became famous during the One Hundred Year War, holding alone a small northern country against 3,000 enemies.

MAXIMUM HYPE

Didn't they already do that battle in the PS2 game?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

latest

I'm waiting to see this!

The Dink

Our first screenshots are here.

85eBU1E.jpg

This. This is more like it Omega Force. Let's keep more of this coming and less of this:

Famitsu Interview said:
Wouldn't you say that the Teaser trailer was pretty sexy?

Koinuma: As everyone knows Berserk is both a very Gorey and erotic manga and so we want to reflect that in the game itself too.

Can't wait to see what Apostle battles look like! Hopefully an updated version of Hyrule Warrior's bosses. But without as much repetition.

I haven't played the Dynasty Warrior series itself since like...4 or 5. Can anyone tell me if the cut-scenes got any better? I would hate for a pivotal Berserk moment to turn into a "You flaming idiots"-level crap-fest.

I haven't played the Dynasty Warrior series itself since like...4 or 5. Can anyone tell me if the cut-scenes got any better? I would hate for a pivotal Berserk moment to turn into a "You flaming idiots"-level crap-fest.
THIS is generally the level of fidelity you can expect, for scenes that already exist in a series or movie.

Basically, good enough for novelty purposes, but it's not about to win a BAFTA for borderline 3D rotoscope.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Guts is going to knock out all his enemies who will fall to the ground, groan and squirm then slowly fade out and whenever he this them they just grunt and some sparks come flying off of them.

To be fair.....it's a promotional image for Japan so they may just not be showing dismemberment if there is any

Though (as seen in the pic) I'm fully expecting CG blood spray that isn't necessarily tied to enemies. Though I'm imagining a Berserk game with Ninja Gaiden dismemberment and weeping. Too good for this Earth

Maybe bosses will have some dismemberment? That'd be a decent compromise and non-human enemies are (presumably) easier to get past ratings boards than people losing arms/legs/heads/genitalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom