• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked for FREE with purchase of $15 prepaid phone this week.

Okay so lemme see if i get this right.

Go to Best Buy and get the GCU card
Get 15$ prepaid phone no need to add minutes

Scan reward zone
Scan GCU
Scan Phone

Badabibg badaboom im done?

Yep!

...unless their activation system is down like it was for me -.-. Also have the ad handy to point to the fine print incase they try and tell you you need to buy minutes or something

Just got back from Best Buy. I got the ATT GoPhoneZ222 NoContract Mobile that is $15. At first the employee pointed to the "Activation Required" that is mentioned in the ad, but then I showed him the fine print and all was well.

I'm good until 2018 now.

The employee I got didn't even say anything. Once they scanned the card afterwards it dropped to $0.00 for the membership. Transaction went smoothly. The order in scanning everything doesn't matter. The employee scanned the phone first, scanned my membership and then the GCU card.

Woohoo! Did it go pretty simple? Glad to see it worked. Now start looking at titles you want in the next year.

Here is a link to games at Best Buy that get you a $10 Rewards Gift Card if you preorder and pick up in store within 7 days of release. With the GCU deal getting the price down to $48, if you preorder these titles, the $10 Rewards Gift Card gets the price down to $38. Thats a great deal for brand new titles.

Ass Creed Unity
Batman Arkham Knight
Battlefield Hardline
COD Advanced Warfare (you need to preorder this by Midnight Tonight)
Dying Light
Elder Scrolls Online
Evolve
Far Cry 4
Grand Theft Auto Remaster
Halo 5 Guardians
Halo MCC
The Witcher 3

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-p...10/pcmcat308100050002.c?id=pcmcat308100050002

Hell yes, good stuff man thanks.

Yea it went nice and smooth, just told the lady I had a rewards zone account, and said something like 'Yea I got a newsletter in the mail about a free Gamers Unlocked membership with the purchase of a prepaid phone'. She just rang up them up and bam lol.

For those wondering if this will extend your current GCU Membership, yes, it will. Mine Expired in February 2016 (I got it for $30 this Feb 2014), after I did this deal today, it says when I login to my MyBestBuy Account that I have GCU until Feb 2018.

It will just extend to your current GCU Membership.

OraleeWey

So use my phone number first (don't have the rz card) give them the gcu card second, and lastly give them the phone? $16 total give or take? Plus 2 years of gcu?

Deal get!!! Manager and employee were blown away lol.

Also guys there are new demos on the ps4 station. Axiom Verge (so good) and Chasm fir instance.

Alright gonna try this out later today

Edit: So if this goes through can I immediately go and buy Bayonetta 2 afterwords and get the 20% off?

Edit 2: Will the transaction be done at their mobile center or at the front registers?

Front Register, just like when you buy anything else. You should literally be able to do this deal, go drop your phone off in the car, then come back and buy Bayonetta 2 for %20 off. Yes, that should work.

So use my phone number first (don't have the rz card) give them the gcu card second, and lastly give them the phone? $16 total give or take? Plus 2 years of gcu?

That is what I did, and what people suggested on other sites. But someone here already did the deal and they didn't do it in that order and it still worked.

By "new" games, it literally means any game that's new, not used, regardless of how long it has been out, right?

Yes, any game, no matter when it came out.

Halo MCC will be $48, so will Sunset Overdrive. Say if Sunset Overdrive goes on sale next week for $50, you will still get the %20 off of $50.

You just need to remember you cannot apply the GCU %20 off to a price match. It is either the GCU %20 discount, or the price match, but not both.

If you buy a used game, you only get %10 off. That is what they mean by "new" game. If the game is used, its only %10 off.

Tried it earlier and it didn't work for me. Going back soon. What should I so exactly. Does the cashier need to scan anything in order? Can I have the link to the promotion

Thanks for the heads up
Worked no problem with a Z222

Same here; thanks indeed.
BTW this also works if your BB is out of the GC cards to scan. They take your info and email and I just checked and now my GC sub expires 2 years later.

Tried it earlier and it didn't work for me. Going back soon. What should I so exactly. Does the cashier need to scan anything in order? Can I have the link to the promotion

Thanks. I'm at work now and I can go tomorrow. Did it work for you this way?

This is how it worked for Shinobi, myself. and many others. You have to be a member of Best Buy's free MyBestBuy/Rewards Zone for this to work~!

1. I had them scan my Free Best Buy rewards zone membership card first..or you can give them your phone number and have them look it up. A good cashier will ask if you are a MyBestBuy/Rewards Zone Member before they even scan your goods. ..

2. Then scanned the Gamers Unlocked Card I found on an endcap in the gaming section (it will ring up $99, but relax)

3. I had them scan the phone 3rd, and the $99 charge for Gamers Unlocked dropped to $0.00...

E92 M3

Have them scan your reward zone card, then the unlocked card and then the phone. That's what I do.

Worked for me, the manager in the store thought it was showing up as $0.00 because I already have GCU lawll

He did something to reset it to $120 until I told him it was normal behavior somehow by the way. You should prob watch for that.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The order of scanning for the phone and GCU doesn't matter. As long as you scan your rewards account first, obviously.

Worked like a charm. Got the last $15 phone in the store too. BTW signed up for MyBestBuy right before I walked out the door.

Mash83

I just went to my best buy and did this. The girl at the register tried to ring the gcu card up twice because it dropped to 0. After I told her it was a promotion she said ok. Extended through 2018!

OraleeWey

This is how it worked for Shinobi, myself. and many others. You have to be a member of Best Buy's free MyBestBuy/Rewards Zone for this to work~!

1. I had them scan my Free Best Buy rewards zone membership card first..or you can give them your phone number and have them look it up. A good cashier will ask if you are a MyBestBuy/Rewards Zone Member before they even scan your goods. ..

2. Then scanned the Gamers Unlocked Card I found on an endcap in the gaming section (it will ring up $99, but relax)

3. I had them scan the phone 3rd, and the $99 charge for Gamers Unlocked dropped to $0.00...
Awesome. My concern was the RZ members card. I lost it a while back. But I can use my phone number so that's great. Thanks again, will try tomorrow.

Just got back from Best Buy. I got the ATT GoPhoneZ222 NoContract Mobile that is $15. At first the employee pointed to the "Activation Required" that is mentioned in the ad, but then I showed him the fine print and all was well.

I'm good until 2018 now.

Same here. Was going to Best Buy anyway and read Wario64's tweet. Got me a phone and GCU for $15+tax. I'm also good until 2018.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Couldn't find one of the $15 phones in the store, so I snagged a $20 one instead. Went to checkout and they said I couldn't do the deal without activating it. I pointed out the small print and they agreed, and that's when I noticed one of the $15 phones behind the register... Someone must have tried before me and given up when they mentioned the activation - hah! I asked them to give me that one instead and they did, so all in all... Great success!

Thanks for the heads up GAF, and I hope it wasn't one of you that left it behind at the Mountain View store.

Popparoks

Just got back and it worked. I just copped it for $16.20!!!

The guy couldn't get it to work at first, but then another cashier ended up doing it for him and it worked. He was pretty much in on it and they had a note on the table reminding them of the "deal". They were pretty cool though. The newer guy was pretty surprised about how much it saved too.

Worked out for me, just picked up everything + Bayo 2 and paid a total of 66$. So its basically like I bought Bayo 2 at full price by itself.

Scan BBY member card.
Scan phone.
Scan BBY GCU card.

Have them scan your reward zone card, then the unlocked card and then the phone. That's what I do.

Thanks it all worked out!

Paid about 17 after tax and after donating to charity for this great deal.

I wonder if they will fix this tomorrow. Also how do I use the gamer club when I want to purchase something? Is it tied to my BestBuy Reward membership?

Also now I'm debating returning the call of duty game I have coming form Amazon and pre-order the Best Buy one to get the discount and 10 dollars.

Thanks it all worked out!

Paid about 17 after tax and after donating to charity for this great deal.

I wonder if they will fix this tomorrow. Also how do I use the gamer club when I want to purchase something? Is it tied to my BestBuy Reward membership?

Also now I'm debating returning the call of duty game I have coming form Amazon and pre-order the Best Buy one to get the discount and 10 dollars.

Yes, tied to BBY Reward card. You'll see discount on eligible items in cart online.

Confirmed! Just took my buddy up to BB and we bout the Z222 GoPhone for 14.99 and the GCU came up for free. I extended my two year membership and he started his. So awesome! Thanks OP

Wish Best Buy offered the 10$ Pre-Order certificate for Nintendo Games. Woulda ordered Smash and Pokemon AS on the spot. Dont wanna pre-order any of the current games they have eligible knowing the price is gonna drop after the new year.

Top Bottom