• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked for FREE with purchase of $15 prepaid phone this week.

Downhome

Incredible. I'll be doing this, likely tomorrow. I wish I knew about it earlier today since I was actually already in BB, haha.

Salex_

Just got it!

I asked about the deal before giving him the reward zone info/other items and the cashier couldn't believe the deal. He brought up the website and I had to get him to read the fine print (he thought an activation was required which makes sense because the weekly ad implies that). He was telling his co-workers about it lol.

Persona7

Banned
this is the phone i just bought a week ago to receive two step SMS messages securely, it was the last one in stock.

Popparoks

I also can add that i wasn't initially a rewards zone member but he gave me a card so i can sign up at home and GCU was already on it. I just gave him my email is all.

I'm about to pre-order Call of Duty online, it says how much points I get and I see my discount but is it true I also get the $10 certificate/gift card?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The BB right down the street from me literally closed for good yesterday — what terrible timing. I'm guessing that by the time I can get to another one in the area, this will either be dead or the phones will be long gone. Bummer.

For those that may be wondering, the order doesn't matter. The cashier scanned/activated the phone, then the Unlocked card, then asked for my phone number. Everything went through with no problems.

Yes, a $10 certificate. They sometimes (rarely) offer an actual gift card instead. I got Shadow Warrior 20% off and they also mailed me a $10 gift card.

How do I use the "certificate"

Also god damn, the CoD AW Pro isn't available on Best Buy. I have the regular limited edition but I wanted the 20% on that big boy to get that season pass also for the price of the digital edition.

How do I use the "certificate"

Also god damn, the CoD AW Pro isn't available on Best Buy. I have the regular limited edition but I wanted the 20% on that big boy to get that season pass also for the price of the digital edition.

There's a link right before you complete the online purchase you click on. Right by the link to add a gift card to the order. You can also print them and take them to the store, but I think the cashier can see the certs you have on your account now.

nikos

Just did it with an LG 440G Tracfone. Employees already knew about the deal. Tempted to buy more.

Guy said "so now when you come back later, to buy Call of Duty, it'll be $48 instead of $60." Thanks for making that assumption.

I'll probably pick it up because of the $10 rewards deal and sell it later in the week for profit anyway.

UrAvgGuy

Thanks OP, just snagged this.

Scanned GCU card
Put in my BBY info
Scanned Phone
Price of GCU card dropped to $0.00

Any reason why pre ordering the digital versions don't take down the price also. I don't save 20% when I want to get the digital pro of Call of Duty.

And I thought I was getting a good deal buying an xbone back in september with the free GCU attached. "It will practically pay for itself" I said. "They will never have a better deal on it" I said.

Spend and learn.

The 20% off is for new physical copies only, not digital

Ah I see.

Also Best Buy doesn't do one day shipping for free right? Looks like I will have to start picking up all my games and going a bit out of my way to play. . even though the store is a 6 minute bus ride from my apartment. Sigh.

Ah I see.

Also Best Buy doesn't do one day shipping for free right? Looks like I will have to start picking up all my games and going a bit out of my way to play. . even though the store is a 6 minute bus ride from my apartment. Sigh.

I don't think so :(

I was hoping someone could help me with this question:

I bought Fantasy Life + Pokemon Art Academy + GCU last week for the GCU $30 deal. Now I noticed on 11/09 Best Buy extended the GCU $30 deal BUT they also included B1G1 50% off on 3DS games. On 11/09 it would be 13 days since I bought the games. Is it possible to show my receipt and get that deal instead since it's within 14 days?

And if it wouldn't be possible, could I buy Fantasy Life + Pokemon Art Academy + GCU again on 11/09 and then return the new copies with my old receipt?

Exile20

So I did the GCU for $30 and bought Bayonetta 2 and I was like what the hell, another 2 years can't hurt. So I just went and bought the phone and GCU for $0.

The guy at the counter was so puzzled, it was awesome. So I am good till Oct 2018.

Guys so besides the %20 off in each new game you get an extra $10 dólar rebate for the next purchase? So each new game will be $60-%20-$10??????

Did this flawlessly earlier today with two Z222s so I'm a member until 2018. Did it in separate transactions (first store only let me do it once), but important thing was to scan the GCU card first THEN the phone. I did my Rewards card first and third in the two stores and it still worked, so just get the GCU and phone order right and you should be good to go.

Absolutely awful experience at Best Buy today.

I got the deal, but I had to argue with 2 different employees for 15 minutes before one actually scanned the card and saw the price drop. The first employee tried to tell me that 20% off was on games, not phones (no shit, sherlock). The second argued that activation "implied" to her that a 2 year contract was necessary.

I had a really hard time keeping my cool, but I won in the end. It just pissed me off that neither apologized for wasting my time and repeatedly telling me I was wrong.

I'm doing in store pickups from here on out. The customer experience in Best Buy is approaching Gamestop levels of ineptitude.

Guys so besides the %20 off in each new game you get an extra $10 dólar rebate for the next purchase? So each new game will be $60-%20-$10??????

Only select games get the extra $10. Most of the bigger console games get an extra $10. (Never Nintendo). Handheld games never get $10 either.

Pyrokai

Just did this flawlessly as well! So easy.

Absolutely awful experience at Best Buy today.

I got the deal, but I had to argue with 2 different employees for 15 minutes before one actually scanned the card and saw the price drop. The first employee tried to tell me that 20% off was on games, not phones (no shit, sherlock). The second argued that activation "implied" to her that a 2 year contract was necessary.

I had a really hard time keeping my cool, but I won in the end. It just pissed me off that neither apologized for wasting my time and repeatedly telling me I was wrong.

I'm doing in store pickups from here on out. The customer experience in Best Buy is approaching Gamestop levels of ineptitude.

Man, did you go to the checkout with the two items and your Reward Zone card? I handed them my Reward Zone card--scanned, then gave them the GCU card--scanned, then the phone--scanned, then I said "it should take the price of the GCU membership to zero and I have the ad if it doesn't....and then it worked automatically. I think, for everyone else, this should be the approach to take. Guy didn't ask any questions and was like "wow what an awesome deal!"

Just did this flawlessly as well! So easy.

Man, did you go to the checkout with the two items and your Reward Zone card? I handed them my Reward Zone card--scanned, then gave them the GCU card--scanned, then the phone--scanned, then I said "it should take the price of the GCU membership to zero and I have the add if it doesn't....and then it worked automatically. I think, for everyone else, this should be the approach to take. Guy didn't ask any questions and was like "wow what an awesome deal!"

Not only did I do all that, but I brought the ad and pointed it out to them. They just didn't want to believe me, and kept telling me the ad didn't say that. It was infuriating.

Pyrokai

Not only did I do all that, but I brought the ad and pointed it out to them. They just didn't want to believe me, and kept telling me the ad didn't say that. It was infuriating.

That's crazy. You'd think once they scanned the phone and saw the price change they'd just up? Were they refusing to scan the phone or something?

That's crazy. You'd think once they scanned the phone and saw the price change they'd just up? Were they refusing to scan the phone or something?

No, they refused to scan the GCU card. I think it might have been because they didn't have any more at the register. When I finally convinced them to just scan the card, they had to get one from the back.

Damn, that sucks. I went in about an hour ago and went to the cash register with a phone, a GCU card, and the weekly ad in hand. Told the girl there if I could sign up for the rewards zone/mybestbuy account first, then she scanned the card, then the phone. Never had to bring up the deal at all. I had even left my finger on the exact same line in the fine print where it mentioned the "no activation required" just to avoid your scenario. Sorry your best buy was giving you shit, man.

Killer

Banned
So i paid for COD and the phone on the website via paypal and i'm going to pick up cod at midnight. is this gonna work for me?

I can't stand most of best buy employees, usually they are clueless about anything you ask. Is there a link for the weekly add in case I have to show them?

So i paid for COD and the phone on the website via paypal and i'm going to pick up cod at midnight. is this gonna work for me?
think you have to be signed up (in store) prior to ordering. anything online is considered a transaction from best buy. they don't hold anything for you like say gamestop the CC is charged as soon as you preorder.

Killer

Banned
think you have to be signed up (in store) prior to ordering. anything online is considered a transaction from best buy. they don't hold anything for you like say gamestop the CC is charged as soon as you preorder.

I have my best buy account though. So i need to go there, cancel it and buy it again?

Pyrokai

I have my best buy account though. So i need to go there, cancel it and buy it again?

No, you're good to go. Just buy the GCU and the phone at the store. Scan your MBB info prior to doing this :)

Edit: Might be confused on what you're asking, but there's no need to create a NEW My Best Buy account.

Killer

Banned
No, you're good to go. Just buy the GCU and the phone at the store. Scan your MBB info prior to doing this :)

Edit: Might be confused on what you're asking, but there's no need to create a NEW My Best Buy account.

Already bought the phone through the website :/.

Edit: I think the phone purchase didn't go through. I'll go pick it up there to be safe.

Top Bottom