• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Best Buy] Trade in Any Laptop for $75 Credit*

ryan299

I have an old dell thats missing keys and can't remember the password too. Doubt they'd give me anything.

Actually says they'd give me 15 bucks lol. They erase everything right bc I don't have anything for this?

I have a 2010 Macbook that I wouldn't mind getting losing, so I think I'll take that in today. I need to find the charger somewhere.

Nairume

Banned
Hmm, I have an old macbook pro lying around. No battery or power cord, but it looks like they take them regardless now.

Can I deactivate my Windows 7/10 retail key and wipe it and still get credit for it?

Because I want to keep my Windows license and put it on another PC or laptop since it's retail version.

faint.

1 per customer.

YMMV, but some have had success going to multiple different Best Buys. Of course, this depends how closely to live to multiple stores.

Also, if you need Windows, you can DL the W10 ISO directly from Microsoft. It won't be activated but the machine itself works fine.

Heard about this the other day, hoping my sister and I can each trade one in on the weekend when I'm off work.

I have an Eee PC that works and boots into XP fine, but the battery is completely shot. and I have a much older IBM thinkpad that I installed an Ubuntu-based XBMC on but the battery still works fine.

wvan13

Hmm, I have an old macbook pro lying around. No battery or power cord, but it looks like they take them regardless now.

It has to power on and include the power cord, if I remember correctly. I'm an employee and had to do like four laptop trade-ins the other day.

Not having the cord is a separate option, anyway. I don't know if it brings the value down any. But if you can't prove it powers on you probably won't get anything for it. But, YMMV. I just know my store.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I have an old ass netbook lying around (remember those, LOL). I may have to trade it in.

FinKL

Did you all miss the fine print?

* Valid in store only 6/25/17-7/15/17. When you trade in any working laptop get a minimum $75 Best Buy® gift card and a $75 trade-in receipt coupon toward the Samsung Notebook 9 Pro (BBY SKU 5886103 & 5886107)

Also, it says I could trade in a laptop w/o battery/AC power cord, how would they know said laptop works then?

EDIT: Woops I can't read
"You get a $75 gift card you can use on anything and a $75 off coupon for that notebook."

Damn. 1 per customer. I have like 20 laptops in my office all out of warranty not being used for anything but spare parts I would take in. Maybe my wife and I can take in 1 and at least put $150 towards a new TV.

Did you all miss the fine print?

* Valid in store only 6/25/17-7/15/17. When you trade in any working laptop get a minimum $75 Best Buy® gift card and a $75 trade-in receipt coupon toward the Samsung Notebook 9 Pro (BBY SKU 5886103 & 5886107)

Also, it says I could trade in a laptop w/o battery/AC power cord, how would they know said laptop works then?

EDIT: Woops I can't read
"You get a $75 gift card you can use on anything and a $75 off coupon for that notebook."

Samsung - Notebook 9 Pro 13.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 8GB Memory - AMD Radeon 540 - 2…
$1,099.99

Samsung - Notebook 9 Pro 15" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - AMD Radeon 540 - 256GB…
$1,299.99

Aaaaaaand there's the Buzzkill.

$150 off one of those isn't much of a dent in the price.

faint.

Samsung - Notebook 9 Pro 13.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 8GB Memory - AMD Radeon 540 - 2…
$1,099.99

Samsung - Notebook 9 Pro 15" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - AMD Radeon 540 - 256GB…
$1,299.99

Aaaaaaand there's the Buzzkill.

$150 off one of those isn't much of a dent in the price.

He edited his post, but you get a guaranteed $75 gift card. You receive an additional $75 if you put it towards the Samsung notebook.

milkham

Longshot but If by chance anyone is thinking of trading in a thinkpad x220 and would rather have 75 bucks via Venmo square cash or PayPal let me know.

linkboy

I just bought my girlfriend's mom a new(ish) laptop, she told me she has no need for her old one, so I might flip it and buy her a 240GB SSD.

Ryuukan

off a 2006 dell amd sempron

thanks bestbuy 👍🏻

DEEsWb-XkAAWYgm.jpg

I need to wipe my old laptop that is dying and get it to my best buy. Easiest way to make sure everything is gone?

Windows 8/10 just do a reset, make sure you select all drives and delete all user data. It'll take a little while because it writes over the whole drive with random writes of numbers.

Pyrokai

Do I have to do anything special before I go into Best Buy? Like fill something out? Or do I just show up with a laptop and collect my $75 credit?

Edit: Like how do they know of this deal? What if the employee is unaware? Where do I point him or her?

oatmeal

Banned
as long as you have the power adapter, no major cracks, and it boots up, you're good
IBM wasn't listed on their site linked in OP

I don't think

Well shit. I gotta do this. I'm outta town right now inneed to get back asap! Get myself splatoon!

I have an old Lenovo I could trade in, the screen isn't cracked, but the hinge is all sorts of messed up. The computer works fine, it's just completely cosmetic.

Top Bottom