• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF4 demo at AMD event was running one 290X card @ higher than 3K resolution

jediyoshi

ZGDZWLn.png

Not bad, what were the rest of its specs? :p

hwateber

Wow, glad I decided to go with my 7970 purchase over the 770.

Edit: Assuming that the performance increase from mantle is huge

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Are they ever going to release Mantle vs DX11 benchmarks? Or will they wait until all of the preorders are sold out?

Wag

Seems like monitor price will be the barrier of entry in the long run?

As I said a few posts back, Asus is the only one right now that has a 39" 4k/60Hz display on tap that should be on sale some time in Jan. Hopefully it will come in <$1500. I think they are waiting for the HDMI 2.0 spec to be evened out before they come to market. Once that happens we should see a flood of low-cost 4k/60Hz displays hit.

I already have 3-Titans waiting for a 4k/60Hz setup.

ss_lemonade

Could it be using the mantle api?

By the way, is this mantle thing amd exclusive? No way to utilize it with nvidia hardware?

This will hopefully show people how extremely far away PS4 and Xbox One are from high end pc.

Wii U + PC all the way

Also i am really eager to see how and if Steambox will change PC gaming. I, for one, will check out SteamOS day one.

artist

Banned
Not really. I was genuinely expecting the source video.

But whatever.
I have never seen a 5760x1080 native video on youtube.

This is the best offscreen capture I could find, given neither AMD or DICE have released the direct-feed of the demo.

Top Bottom