• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF4 demo at AMD event was running one 290X card @ higher than 3K resolution

Reg

Banned
This will hopefully show people how extremely far away PS4 and Xbox One are from high end pc.

Wii U + PC all the way

Also i am really eager to see how and if Steambox will change PC gaming. I, for one, will check out SteamOS day one.

hmm

edit: I wonder how much this card is going to cost. Is there even a point in cards this fast unless you run at >1440p resolution?

artist

Banned
I get what he's saying though. He wants those Nintendo exclusives. But the same can be said about substituting the wii u for another console.
It's a little hypocritical like you said.

Lets get back on topic though. I asked repi on twitter if the demo was using Mantle renderer, interesting if he answers.

Wii u isn't trying to be a pc, unlike the other two.
True, it's trying to play dead. I think I'll go to bed now, the drive by trolling by Nintendo fans seems to be finally getting to me. I just find it funny that the same people that trolled PS360 saying graphics don't matter, are the same one going gaga over X, HD Zelda ect, ect. It's funny because you should have gotten those games 8 years ago, Wii U (minus pad) could have been the wii, just saying.

markot

Banned
True, it's trying to play dead. I think I'll go to bed now, the drive by trolling by Nintendo fans seems to be finally getting to me. I just find it funny that the same people that trolled PS360 saying graphics don't matter, are the same one going gaga over X, HD Zelda ect, ect. It's funny because you should have gotten those games 8 years ago, Wii U (minus pad) could have been the wii, just saying.
Lol.

Don't be sad that new consoles are just mid range PC's.

Zornack

So all this news is making me want to get a 290X over a 780 (as long as the price is comparable), but I'm curious about the Nvidia partnership features in games like AC4 and Watch_Dogs. Are any of those big deals or just fairly unnoticeable things to brag about? Are they exclusive to Nvidia cards or are they just optimized for them but they'll still work with an AMD card?

I just don't get tired of seeing this demo. Would love to see NFS Rivals at the same res since it's also on Frostbite 3. Preordered BF4 for the X1, DICE don't fail me now! : )

legacyzero

Banned
This just makes me want an AMD card even more.

Yeah. If my 670 wasn't so awesome, I might have complete buyers remorse...

-More stable console ports?
-Cheaper?

And those are just two of the reasons I might jump back onto Team Red.

Lol.

Don't be sad that new consoles are just mid range PC's. /Salt
Fixed
Lol yourself, the last time I didn't have a pc that could play any game at it's highest setting was over 12 years ago. I upgrade my build every year, and every build has been beast, still going to have a PS4 this November.

Wag

So all this news is making me want to get a 290X over a 780 (as long as the price is comparable), but I'm curious about the Nvidia partnership features in games like AC4 and Watch_Dogs. Are any of those big deals or just fairly unnoticeable things to brag about? Are they exclusive to Nvidia cards or are they just optimized for them but they'll still work with an AMD card?

Unless they take advantage of CUDA or PhysX hardware features I doubt there's anything there that matters very much what card you run it on.

MogCakes

I thought childish shit like looking down on people who buy/play on one platform or another was discouraged and frowned upon on GAF? Anyway, this is pretty exciting to see, AMD getting the upper hand over Nvidia for once.

dmr87

MIght sell my 780GTX for this. I only care about BF4 on the PC.

If you only play in 1080p then I don't see the point. I know I know, being an enthusiast we don't buy new stuff because we need them but becuase it's fun to tinker and we allways strive to min max.

I thought childish shit like looking down on people who buy/play on one platform or another was discouraged and frowned upon on GAF? Anyway, this is pretty exciting to see, AMD getting the upper hand over Nvidia for once.

Well as much as I like to see AMD stick it to nvidia, competition is good, this is only one game so far. If more games follow this route and use the Mantle API, which I hope for, then AMD will have a upper hand in the following years.

oxidax

with all this 4k talk i feel like this card is being sold to people with 4k tv's/monitors. so i might just crossfire two 7970 and enjoy that instead. would't that be close to a titan or at least a 7990 ?

Top Bottom